“value for money”
Review of Capri Bungalows

Capri Bungalows
Ranked #193 of 217 Hotels in Maspalomas
Reviewed 5 January 2012

The appartment that I had was good value for the money, on the ground floor, with patio doors opening onto the attractive pool area. The accomodation was on 2 levels, the bedroom and bathroom being upstairs. adequate clean accomodation for the price, I was a single in a double room.Yes there was a charge for extras but I have to say the best money I spent was for the safe....and now the story begins: the unheated swimming pool was icey cold, not used by many, I used it once. On xmas day I awoke feeling unwell, coughing and shivering, so I decided to spend the day by the pool taking medication for my ailment. In the evening I chilled in front of the TV before going upstairs to bed. I woke at 4am and went downstairs to find that my appartment had been broken into, 100e money missing, £60 cash, digital camera,.all gone!! someone had been upstairs whilst I slept and taken my rucksack downstairs to rifle contents. Other bag was abandoned empty on the patio.
Reported to reception in the morning and they said security had not seen anything.I met at reception, another family who had been burgled the same time, but she awoke and disturbed the intruder in her bedroom and screamed, thus scaring him off.Their loss was even greater than mine, I had £500 locked in my safe and the key on my person. We rang the police and gave all the details ,then had to go there and pick up a crime report...would i stay at capri again,yes if the security guard stopped taking sleeping tablets when at work, and I had my M16 beside me..lol

Room Tip: avoid the ground floor, did have some pics but on my stolen camera!!!
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank knowmad

Reviewed 27 December 2011

On the first night of arrival we decided to get tge local bus from the airport for €4 you can't go wrong! We got off just at holiday world and tge bus driver told us the direction to go in. It was only a 10 min maybe less of a walk from tge bus stop but a little difficult to find!
We were greated by the night door man who speaks little or no English but he was very nice and told us to come back tomorrow morning to the reception. He helped us to our apartment, he was pleasant and a nice man! Our apartment was clean and of a good size. You have to rent a kettle and a toaster and the safe they were €70 for 2weeks and you get €20 back at the end of the holiday! The apartment was cleaned every second day! Has an onsite shop alittle expensive but it has everything you will need and only 30sec walk! We got a taxi to San Fernando to the hyperdino supermarket really good value and only €4 in taxi! The pool was of good size and lots of sunbeds! The apartment could do with painting but a minor detail.
Overall great apartment, clean and amazing value for money will stay again!

• Stayed: December 2011
3  Thank Salsiccia1
Reviewed 16 December 2011

The living / kitchen space was very small with dangerous winding stairs leading to the bedroom and bathroom (yes in a bungalow). The bedroom was very cramped and the bathroom - the small bath had several large chips and all the fittings needed upgrading. I have never had to hire a kettle and toaster in self catering accommodation before. Even the very old tv had to be rented as an extra. Of course the safe and a fan were also extra if you needed them. Only stay here if you cannot find anywhere else or are on a very tight budget.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the busy road if you don't want noise at night.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 November 2011

We were very pleasantly suprised by the Capri. After reading all the negative reviews we were expecting it to be very basic. The apartment was clean and comfortable, bedding and towels were changed daily and we had the lovely pool to ourselves most of the time. The day staff were all friendly and helpful and we even had the so called "miserable night porter" chatting and smiling by the end of our stay. There is a fully stocked supermarket on site, which sells everything and the fresh daily bread is scrumptous. Bathroom was fully functional with a bath, fast flowing shower hose, bidet and toilet. The restuarant wasn't open when we stayed, but made little odds since there were 3 more right outside. Might benefit from a lick of paint here and there but for £99 for a ten day stay, we thought it was great and will definitely be going back in 2012.

Room Tip: A01 -A012 are futher away from pool which might be helpful if you have small children with you. If y...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Bridgett_M150
Reviewed 10 October 2011

I can't believe all the negative comments on this site. At the end of the day, you get what you pay for. My fiancee and I paid £500 for this holiday which included flights and accommodation. At this sort of price you expect everything to be basic. So what if you have to pay 12 Euro to hire a kettle! We boiled water in a saucepan every morning for coffee, which was absolutely fine. The free bus service to the beach and back was a godsend. The on-site shop was well-stocked and inexpensive. The staff were all friendly (apart from the grumpy old man, but then again we did wake him up at 3am). Our only downside was that as our return flight was 3 am, we wanted the room all day on the last day. We went to see the receptionist and requested this and were told this was fine, until the last day came and at 12.15, the cleaner came to clean. Nobody had said anything about us staying and rather than quickly pack and vacate, we had to pay 15 Euro to stay on. I must admit it was worth 15 Euro to have as much comfort as possible up until the last minute. The apartment was clean and tidy. The maids came at least 3 times during our stay and even washed our dirty dishes that we forgot about when we left in the morning. The resort is ideally located with holiday world and Faro 2 only a short walk away. Yumbo Shopping Centre in Playa Del Ingles was a 3 Euro taxi ride away, full of restaurants and bars. If you prefer a more Spanish feel, San Fernando is only a short walk away with various Tapas bars, which we found excellent value for money and really tasty. All in all, I would recommend the resort as an ideal budget holiday.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
12  Thank sandra c
Reviewed 3 September 2011

Ants all over the bungalow. Old sheets on the bed, Came back with bites not sure if they were from the bed. You had to hire kettles and pay to watch T. V. The shower attachment in the bath fell apart as you used it, No water pressure, ether hot or cold water d rippling from the shower head if it stayed on. Bungalow needed decorating , you never felt clean in there . Light switches looked dangerous as well as the light fittings. The lady on the reception was very nice, and the staff in the shop were very kind and helpful. The staff in the restaurant were miserable , and they did not make any effort or cared if you ate there or not. How ever it was cheap to stay there, and you get what you pay for. The walk to the beach, if you did not take the free bus service was lovely . You could hire a bike if you wanted to. Once the local Spanish people leave the complex you can have the swimming pool to your self. We would never go to the Capri bungalows again because it felt unclean, old and dated.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 975Alice54
Reviewed 25 August 2011

after losing my holiday to turkey 2 days before we were due to go i searched for another holiday away from turkey and capri at gran canaria popped up after a quick read on the place i decided to go for it , having never been to the gran canaria before i had no idea what to expect .
we arrived at midnight to be greeted by a very scruffy ,very smelly night watchman who never spoke a stick of english , after been given a key he grunted and waved his arms at me to walk forward which myself and husband did , till he grunted again and on looking at our key fob we realised this was our apartment , on entering i was rather amazed that there was a kitchenette , lounge area , and then stairs that led to the bedroom and bathroom somewhat different to what we are used to , i have to admit that i was very unsure about this place and had mixed feelings but it was late and so thought bed was the best idea .
on getting up next morning i went outside and was totally surprised , we were one of the end apartments A25 , we had a little patio area with table and chairs , a small lawn with a lovely flowered hedge all round and could almost touch the pool from our what was to be for 2 weeks our garden , i had second thoughts and thought yea i'm gonna like this :)
yes the apartment was very basic and does'nt provide a kettle but we had taken ours with us , but you can hire them , we hired a toaster for 11 euro's . maybe some T.L.C on the place would'nt go a miss but it was far from dirty ,
we did have the odd ant or 2 but nothing out of the norm for a holiday resort abroad you just have to remember not to leave food lying around and you wont be bothered by them .
we did however learn over a couple of days that the whole of august is the spanish holiday time so pretty much of the whole complex was full of spaniards but they never once caused us any kind of distress or bother .
capri is in the quieter side of masspalomas but a taxi for 3 to 4 euro's will take you into playa de ingles where all the lively things happen which is where we tended to go on an evening. yumbo center to sparkles drag bar is a MUST but you have to have a broad mind and to be honest not recommended to take children although children were there it's the parents choice .
we did stay at the apartments a couple of evenings drinking on our little terrace and watching that same scruffy smelly little night watchman who over the course of the 2 weeks became my entertainment , he use to scurry about watching for people going in the pool after 9pm and omg if he caught you , there was trouble to be had was very funny .
there is a restaurant on site which we never used but was told it was ok, the shop is well stocked with cold beer and very cheap :) which i like although groceries were on the high side but we found that was the case everywhere as it is in the euro :/ .
there is a free bus to take you to masspalomas beach and back , but it gets very hot there so be carefull , but the sea is just lovely .
so if you want a chilled out no frills place then this will suit you fine want the ritz then avoid it , but i can honestly say that after 2weeks i was NOT ready for home and could quite easily have stayed there in my little house with my cats i loved the place and will deffo be going back . so go and enjoy just like we did :)

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple