“Ignore the mean reviews”
Review of Capri Bungalows

Capri Bungalows
Ranked #195 of 216 Hotels in Maspalomas
Reviewed 20 January 2012

Ross W has it right, you get what you pay for. I've no idea what Helen G is on about as there is no way 8 people could fit in one of the apartments, and her review suggests that all 8 were in one room; and it is not a hotel as she states, it is entirely self catering units; the staff in the restaurant were very friendly, and the food was of good quality. And why would you spend 67 euro on the weighing machine? That's just madness.There are loads of empty check in desks in the airport where you can weigh your bags for free.
Anyway, these are not luxury apartments, and that is reflected in the price. The pros are the place is quiet at night in general, it is cheap and clean [despite other reviews I've read saying it's dirty; my apartment certainly wasn't and neither were any of the others I was in]; the on site supermarket carries all of what you would need, including things like HP sauce etc, and is not outrageously overpriced. The internet facilities are high speed.
The cons are, the complex is a bit out of the way - a taxi is needed to go most anywhere, although the taxis are cheap; and, despite the cheap price, I do think it is a cheek of them to 'rent' the kettles, coffee makers, fans etc. This is just a cynical money making exercise, and I've never come across this before. It really isn't good customer relations, as it is definitely the one thing everyone complained about. I didn't need the fan as it was January so 21 was the highest temp, and I boiled water on the stove in a pan. I imagine in high temps the fan would be a must have - however that would add 30 euro to a 2 week stay. The other main problem is that the sunloungers around the pool are very uncomfortable, but they are plentiful. Most people brought their pillows out with them to try to alleviate the discomfort. The major problem poolside was the temperature of the water...it was beyond freezing, even in the shallow end. This despite getting the sun on it all day, and all year round? No one but the hardy NorthEuropeans staying there [the Swedes, Norwegians and Finns] could cope with it.
But the cons, while annoying are not enough to spoil a cheap, comfortable, clean basic self catering complex. If you want luxury then pay for it. If you want a cheap base for a holiday then you'd do a lot worse than here.

Room Tip: Ask for a bungalow away from the poolside area.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
6  Thank Drogheda123
There are newer reviews for Capri Bungalows

Reviewed 9 January 2012

went for xmas2011 a great place for the money clean, friendly staff great pool, supermarket and cafe on site bungalows spacious free bus to beach, no kettle have to rent one but would go back again

Room Tip: ask for a pool view as some of them face a wall on the outside
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 January 2012

I have read lots of reviews on here and really wonder what some people expect. You get what YOU PAY for!

The Capri is a basic budget accommodation – at most points in the year you can stay for the week for around £100. If you were staying at home what would you get for this? If you are thinking about staying here you are clearly doing things on the cheap.

The rooms are small and very basic and yes you have to hire a toaster, kettle, TV etc.

However, over the number of times I have stayed here I have always found the staff to be pleasant and chatty.

There is a free bus to the beach which is fantastic as it is a LONG walk and about a €4 taxi ride.

The onsite Supermarket has lots of basics (Top tip: AVOID white bread. The brown/grain rolls are always much better). I would also avoid buying alcohol at this supermarket is it is about €5 euros more expensive than the one around the corner.

Water pressure is mentioned a few times in several of the reviews and yes the water pressure can be a problem as it can in the residential flats in the area. There is an easy solution, don’t take overly long showers, you will notice the temperature drop, and hold the shower head in your hand rather than leaving it on the wall.

Ants – it has been known to see ants in the rooms.

Overall as I mentioned first you get what you pay for. If you want somewhere plush go somewhere else. If you want somewhere cheap as your base then this is a great option.

I have rated this accommodation Very good - based on what you get for the price.

Room Tip: Rooms in the B block have poor WIFI strength.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Ross W
Reviewed 6 January 2012

8 of us recently booked to stay at the Capri Bungalows in Maspolomas.
Upon arrival, i would of expected the receptionist to show us to our room (as this had usually happened when i had been abroad on previous ocassions) - but this was not the case, we had to trapse around in the dark looking for the number of the rooms which were so small we could barely see them. We asked for extra pillows on a number of occasions - but did not recieve them. The food is the hotel is is pre-made and cooked in a microwave (i saw them do this on numerous occasions). The staff in the bar/restaurant are rude!
I would NOT recommend these appartments - however if you have booked to stay DO NOT USE the weight machine to weight your bags - between the 8 of use we spend 67euros weighing our cases, when we arrived at the airport to check our suitcases in the were 2KG underweight, as you can tell i was not happy at all as i had to throw away a lot of new clothing and shoes that i had bought prior to going on holiday!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 January 2012

The appartment that I had was good value for the money, on the ground floor, with patio doors opening onto the attractive pool area. The accomodation was on 2 levels, the bedroom and bathroom being upstairs. adequate clean accomodation for the price, I was a single in a double room.Yes there was a charge for extras but I have to say the best money I spent was for the safe....and now the story begins: the unheated swimming pool was icey cold, not used by many, I used it once. On xmas day I awoke feeling unwell, coughing and shivering, so I decided to spend the day by the pool taking medication for my ailment. In the evening I chilled in front of the TV before going upstairs to bed. I woke at 4am and went downstairs to find that my appartment had been broken into, 100e money missing, £60 cash, digital camera,.all gone!! someone had been upstairs whilst I slept and taken my rucksack downstairs to rifle contents. Other bag was abandoned empty on the patio.
Reported to reception in the morning and they said security had not seen anything.I met at reception, another family who had been burgled the same time, but she awoke and disturbed the intruder in her bedroom and screamed, thus scaring him off.Their loss was even greater than mine, I had £500 locked in my safe and the key on my person. We rang the police and gave all the details ,then had to go there and pick up a crime report...would i stay at capri again,yes if the security guard stopped taking sleeping tablets when at work, and I had my M16 beside me..lol

Room Tip: avoid the ground floor, did have some pics but on my stolen camera!!!
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank knowmad
Reviewed 27 December 2011

On the first night of arrival we decided to get tge local bus from the airport for €4 you can't go wrong! We got off just at holiday world and tge bus driver told us the direction to go in. It was only a 10 min maybe less of a walk from tge bus stop but a little difficult to find!
We were greated by the night door man who speaks little or no English but he was very nice and told us to come back tomorrow morning to the reception. He helped us to our apartment, he was pleasant and a nice man! Our apartment was clean and of a good size. You have to rent a kettle and a toaster and the safe they were €70 for 2weeks and you get €20 back at the end of the holiday! The apartment was cleaned every second day! Has an onsite shop alittle expensive but it has everything you will need and only 30sec walk! We got a taxi to San Fernando to the hyperdino supermarket really good value and only €4 in taxi! The pool was of good size and lots of sunbeds! The apartment could do with painting but a minor detail.
Overall great apartment, clean and amazing value for money will stay again!

• Stayed: December 2011
3  Thank Salsiccia1
Reviewed 16 December 2011

The living / kitchen space was very small with dangerous winding stairs leading to the bedroom and bathroom (yes in a bungalow). The bedroom was very cramped and the bathroom - the small bath had several large chips and all the fittings needed upgrading. I have never had to hire a kettle and toaster in self catering accommodation before. Even the very old tv had to be rented as an extra. Of course the safe and a fan were also extra if you needed them. Only stay here if you cannot find anywhere else or are on a very tight budget.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the busy road if you don't want noise at night.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maspalomas
Ataitana Faro Bungalows
#109 of 216 in Maspalomas
Aparthotel Puerto Plata
Aparthotel Puerto Plata
#35 of 68 in Puerto Rico

Been to Capri Bungalows? Share your experiences!