“Canary garden bungalows, Maspalomas”
Review of Canary Garden Club

Canary Garden Club
Ranked #18 of 218 Hotels in Maspalomas
Reviewed 28 July 2013

My Mum and I were moved here from another really bad hotel. Mum had injured her back & the receptionist was so lovely & helpful, she let us choose between 2 bungalows, we chose 1-2 very close to the reception, pool & restaurant. The bungalow was lovely & clean big enough for 2 there was a sofa bed in the lounge as well but I think it would have been a bit cramped. Our towels were changed daily & bed sheets twice in the 10 days. There's a flat screen tv with BBC news on & I also found CBS & a few other English speaking channels, there's a safe in the room I think it was €15 for 10 days the tv was free but a deposit is left for the remote, our bungalow had air con in the bedroom, again leave a deposit for the remote. The staff work so hard here but are so nice, a lovely blonde lady with curly hair was on the breakfast shift then all day at the pool then she did evening meals! & she was always cheerful and because I can speak a little Spanish already she taught me some more but was not condescending at all unlike some people I've met. The other male staff were also very nice as was the lifeguard who must have been bored but you wouldn't know Only bad side about the club is that there is a very small on site shop but apart from that its a bit of a hike to the other main shops, especially if you're disabled however we did discover a mini supermarket across the road. There isn't anything else around though, no little bars or cafes to walk to which is a real shame. Oh there is a stage in the bar/restaurant but when I asked the receptionist about entertainment she said they don't have anything as people just wanted the quietness, I would go again if I didn't want 2 do anything for a week apart from that then No sorry.

Room Tip: The bungalows are a building with 3 or 4 apartment areas in each one. Bungalow 1-2 had the sun all d...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank diyqueen2

Reviewed 16 July 2013

Stayed for 1 week from 29 June. with JET2 holidays as a last minute holiday. There were 2 couples- arrived at 10.15pm, asked if we wanted something to eat as we were all inclusive, normally dinner finishes at 8.30- served with a wonderfull ham and cheese salad with plenty of bread and butter. Shown a drinks menu and had a couple of beers and cocktails. Drinks are served form 11 am to 11pm. The 2 bungalows we had were in block 12 everything you needed and spotlessly clean as was all the site. Got air con cost 40 euros plus 20 deposit shared a safe at the cost of 13 euros plus 10 deposit. Breakfast was self service buffet, lunch served at 1pm made to order yum! afternoon tea/biscuit or pastry/ buffet dinner from 6 to 8.30 with the chef doing special meats/fish or themed meals. Would just like to say a very big thank you to Alejandro,Emi and Heiki who worked very hard in the bar and restaurant they deserve all they get paid and more plus Sammy on reception and the girls. Fab time - would go back but not during July and August- children started to appear!!, 2 parts to complex reception- ours were more friendly

Room Tip: we were in block 12/1 had sun from early morning till late afternoon and 12/4 which got the sun afte...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
6  Thank jazzyNewcastle
Reviewed 29 June 2013

I have stayed in self-caterign bungalows in Gran Canraia many times, and they are usually about the same standard. However, I found the Canary Garden Club to be better to what I have become accustomed to. I had a great first impression of the place when the receptinist alowed us to look at a choice of three bungalows, and she advised on which onse got the sun in the morning or the afternoon. The other staff were friendly too. The whole place seems to have had a recent re-vamp, and the rooms are comfortable. The facilities are basic, but adequate, and very clean. The maid brings towels every two days, and is also very friendly.

The location is quiet, but only 4 euro to Play de Engles if you want a night out, and not too far to Meloneras where there are some nice shops and restraunts. When we were there there was a mix of mostly Gernam and UK visitors, then some Spanish at the weekends.

I did not try the restraunt, as we ate with friends who were staying at other hotels, but Idid try the pool bar food. It is OK for a lunchtime snack, but nothing fancy.

I'd certainly come and stay at the same place again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RSutherland
Reviewed 28 June 2013

We booked a ten day trip to the bungalows from the 13.6.13 - 23.6.13. Excellent food, accommodation, peaceful, polite and helpful staff, clean and well maintained. If you are looking for a relaxing break away from playa Del ingles, here is the place for you. I loved the fact that there were no annoying British DJ's entertaining in the evenings. This is something I always dread. I was pleasantly surprised. All inclusive drinks are served in large glasses, rather than the usual tiny ones. Don't be put off by the fact that they ask to see your card for breakfast and tea. It isn't to limit the food you eat it’s to guide the chefs in their preparation of food. The nearby surrounding area is made up of mainly holiday accommodation. There is a good bus service and if you really must take a trip to playa Del ingles then you can get a taxi there for four Euros. We had a fabulous time exploring the island. I’d advise hiring a car and driving around the edge and up through the central region and over to the north. The north and south of the island are completely contrasting. The north is green and lush and the south desert like. The mountains are amazing; you get that high that you drive through clouds. I particularly enjoyed the canarian food that was provided on the all inclusive. Personally I would have enjoyed more of it. This is not a criticism though as I know they have to please everyone. I really don’t think that I have any complaints. The only thing I would say is that the bar staff/waiters are over worked. This causes no issue with accessing food and drinks, and they are more than helpful, but it made me feel bad that I was making them run around! Typically there is one member of staff on from 7-3 and 3-11pm. If they put a member of staff on from 12.30-8.30pm this would ease the strain and ensure that they at least get a break to eat a meal. Perhaps they could make a self service area for soft drinks and coffees in the day. Anyway, all in all it was marvellous and I would definitely go back.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Maria P
Reviewed 24 June 2013

We stayed in may for pride had an amazing time the hotel was spotless pools were spotless food was buffet for dinner but was lovely an lots of choice lunch was off the pool bar menu was lovely drinks are only 11-11 and only selected (4) cocktails off a list of 15 but all spirits an mixers are inclusive. The only thing that let it down was the entertainment so we went out to find entertainment. Had a great overall stay an would defo stay again

• Stayed: May 2013
3  Thank alisha m
Reviewed 14 June 2013

This is our third visit to Canary Garden Club. This time we chose to go all inclusive, what a wise decision! The food was comparable to that of a Michelin starred restaurant, freshly prepared daily by a fabulous head Chef and team. I must mention the waiting staff who work at the speed of light, always with a smile and impeccable manners, you really couldn't ask for better service.
The bungalows are as well maintained as ever and the grounds and swimming pools are kept in top condition by staff who obviously take pride in their work. We were, as always accompanied by son, daughter-in-law and two grandchildren who enjoyed all the facilities in equal measure.
It is our deepest wish that this truly magnificent resort remains the way it is and is not spoiled by people who would be better off on an 18-30.
Canary Garden Club has a low key sophistication about it that makes people feel special, I know this to be true as we have chatted to many guests who agree with this.
When it was time to leave, which was at 3am in the morning, we were given an early morning call and the offer of breakfast to see us on our way, how good is that!
To sum up, I would say, if it's a little sophistication and bags of relaxation that's top of your list, then look no further, it's all here in abundance.
Thank you all at Canary Garden Club for being just great, we'll be back!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
10  Thank Shehzerade
Reviewed 13 June 2013

Cannot praise the Canary Garden Club Enough. The whole place was spotless, OK, the Bungalows were small, but for a holiday perfect! We were all inclusive, and the food was possibly the best we have had on European All Inclusive. The only Gripe, and this is not the Canary Garden Club’s fault, is that a Drunken Glaswegian tried to break into our bungalow, and even after trying to reason with him, he continued to swear at us and frightened my wife and daughters. Even worse, he apologized to everyone the next day…. Apart from us! However, apart from that, a delightful place, if you want a laid back holiday.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family