“Ok BUT !!!”
Review of Canary Garden Club

Canary Garden Club
Ranked #18 of 218 Hotels in Maspalomas
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Really nice clean place, food typically Spanish, went all inclusive ate well no complaints there! Brilliant place if you want to stay in the complex and enjoy all there amenities! Unfortunately it's a 20-25 minutes walk (free bus available during the day) to the beach shops bars !! There is a shopping centre near called Faro2, unfortunately there is only about 5 or 6 of the 50+ units filled!! Entertainment on a Saturday night only, he was very good at what he did, guitar/vocalist, but seemed to treat it as a practice gig with very little audience interaction.

All in all we enjoyed the holiday but feel it lacked evening entertainment , due to its location we would not return.

5  Thank Spiketheterrier

Reviewed 14 August 2014

We booked this as a group holiday, 13 of us attended, after reading some of the reviews I was a little scared at what to expect but found everything to our needs. The entrance at night is stunning beautiful colours, the reception was very clean and tidy, a little busy as this is the only place you can get free wifi so lots of people were in there. On check in we purchased the air con 21 euros per week also had to pay a 20 euro deposit which was returned when we returned the air con control. We were a family of 4 (children aged 4 and 7) we fitted fine we had a double wardrobe and a chest of drawers. The double bed was comfy, the single was too soft for me and the sofa was too hard I think the floor may be softer, but the room was well equiped, the beds were changed once a week and towels were changed every other day. The maid came in 5 days she made the beds and even washed the dishes for us! We arrived approx 10pm and they had made us all meals from the buffet (we were all inclusive). Breakfast was great lots to choose from cooked breakfast, toast, sliced meats they also did pancakes every 3 days and ommlettes evry 3 days, lunch was picked from the bar menu and had lots of choice, dinner was a buffet too, I found it hard to feed my children as they are the worlds funniest they really ate chips and bread for 2 weeks sometimes ventured in to trying other things. We always made a meal only 3 nights when we couldnt make a meal or it just wasnt as nice as the other days. The pool was kept clean with us being a group of 13 we found getting sun loungers all together quite hard we didnt need 13 we needed 8 but to be together we had to put towels out on the days we spent by the pool, the gardens are well maintained and stunning. We had 4 rooms in total and we were all placed within a 10 paces of each other that was brilliant that they did that.Now the staff there is one idiot who thinks he is better than everyone else who felt the need to shout at me when I paid for a service and I wanted the service completed (washing) granted I did return the key late but if people didn't mess with the settings it would of dried far quicker this guy was the manager of the reception, and I still wonder how he got that job as he is not friendly or have any people skills at all, Sammy on reception is just the best he was very helpful and friendly whenever we needed anything, the restaurant and pool staff are fantastic they run round at 90 miles an hour and they are excellent with children pulling faces and making them laugh, there is no entertainment at night here apart from Saturday when Peter J plays he sure knows how to clear a room with his terrible covers but he did make us laugh when he makes his own words up for songs. I do think if you are just a family not a group you may get bored as the complex it so quiet and tranquil. We loved it here but if just us 4 returned we would only go for 1 week. Oh they also run a free bus to the beach which is great

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Elisha A
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We stayed here 1st to 8 August and the weather was hot!!. Bungalows are very clean and maid is in most days. The staff are very friendly and polite, there was always a good choice of food at meal times and lunchtimes you choose from a menu and eat on the terrace. This is the second time we have stayed here and would recommend it. Taxi ride into Maspalomas is around 4 euros. Very quite surroundings, bar closes at 11 PM. There are 3 pools and a lifeguard on duty every day. Overall a good holiday and well worth a visit. Wifi is free in the hotel reception and by the pool, but a small charge in you want it in the room, safe deposit available for a small cost.

2  Thank Chris Karen W
Reviewed 10 August 2014

My partner and his daughter stayed here end July and had a lovely relaxing week.
On arrival, we were placed in a bungalow (17.2) at the back of the complex facing a hedge. Next morning we asked to be moved to a bungalow with a view of the gardens and this was accommodated with no problems. (Friendly staff) This made such a difference, to be able to sit out on your own private patio in the evening and have a lovely view was very relaxing.
The accommodation was very clean and well kept, beds made daily. The single bed cannot be moved, but the mattress does fit (just) on top of the sofa in the lounge to make a more comfortable extra bed in its own room.
We stayed self catering, paid extra for the air con, and found the kitchen to be fine for what we needed. The local supermarket good for supplies and we ate in the complex twice, lunch served at the poolside and buffet evening meal - both basic but fine.
A great addition to the apartments was the free shuttle bus from outside the complex into either Maspalomas or Playa de Ingles. Playa de Ingles has more to see, we visited the beach and had a couple of delicious meals out here. (only 4 euro back in a cab) We also stopped one day at the Yumbo to play crazy golf... fantastic course, very well equipped and places to stop and sit as you go around.
All in all a great holiday, not much for children at the complex although the pool was lovely and always found a sunlounger. We took games for the evening and sat outside the apartment relaxing. Plenty to go and visit in the area, a small fair, aqua land, dolphin cruise and Palmitos Park.

Room Tip: Not facing a hedge! Ask for a garden view.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Warrik
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I am currently in the reception of the Canary Garden Club (CGC) and I agree, what a fantastic place! One thing confused me before we arrived. When searching for the CGC on the internet, it kept directing me to Rio Club Maspalomas 2.(RCM) I thought it had changed its name.

However, This is one large complex with the left hand side self catering, (RCM) and the right hand side is the all inclusive (CGC). In the entrance there are 2 reception desks. The white marble desk on the right is (CGC).

The bungalows are small, ideal for couples, but not for families with more than one child. Could be why there are not that many families here.

Food is excellent, especially the lunch. The menu is 2 sides of A4 and contains everything you could want. I agree with another review - nothing specially for vegetarians.

The reception staff are super. Fluent in many languages, and always cracking jokes!

Would have liked the bar to stay open past 11pm, but you can just keep drinks in your fridge to drink late if you wish.

Only reason we would not return is the distance to the beach - for people over 50 it is too far to walk in high temperatures.

Room Tip: All rooms get the sun at different parts of the day.
5  Thank Jacqui C
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stayed here the first week in July. I was very surprised at how quiet it was so not to everyone's taste but we really enjoyed it.
The bungalows were nice, plenty big enough for two with a small kitchen and living area. They were kept very clean and it was nice to have your own patio area where you could relax and sunbathe if you didn't fancy the pool.
We were all inclusive, the food was fine, not much choice if you're a vegetarian like me but I could always find something to eat. I liked the idea of choosing off the menu at lunchtime and having something made fresh for me. I must comment on the salads they were really lovely. What I didn't like so much was that evening meals finished so early. I like to make an evening of having a meal with a few drinks but the restaurant shut at 8.30 sharp.
I really enjoyed catching the free bus to the beach then walking along to Playa del Ingles, having a beer & a bite to eat then walking back for the bus.
If you want a nice quiet relaxing holiday then you can't go wrong with this place.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank annan01
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

What a great week we had from the 8th - 15th July 2014
Myself and husband were more than impressed with the complex the moment we arrived.
Check in was great, quick and very informative.
We walked through the lovely gardens to our bungalow (opposite the childrens play park)and felt right at home as soon as we walked in, the bungalows arent huge but very well equipped with mostly everything you need/want.. minus a hair dryer and an iron and ironing board. I asked to hire a hairdryer and there was no fee for this, i was asked to return it the same evening as they didnt have many to lend out, but upon returning it i was told i could keep it for the remainder of my holiday!
The Air con is only in the bedroom and so the living area can become quite warm of an evening, but having the doors open helped a little! We purchased the air con when we booked, but a €20 deposit is required upon arrival, this was then given back when we checked out.
Food was great, i cant complain at all. Always lots to go around.. Having breakfast most days 20 mins before it finished the chefs were still filling up the baskets and making sure they were never empty. We ate dinner as soon as it opened every night as we have a little one, so food was always hot and fresh. Very varied every night and tasted great too!
Having stayed half board i cant comment on the lunch, but from what i saw on the lunch menu it looked great. Half board doesnt include drinks with evening meals.. We didnt know this until we were billed the first evening. €1.50 per drink was reasonable though so we didnt mind.
Pools were great.. My 3 year old had lots of fun in the kiddie pool.
The complex being in maspalomas was a great choice, quiet and away from the built up area of playa del ingles. We walked to the beach, approx half hour.. A nice walk along a straight path, just follow the lighthouse and you cant go wrong. Like other guests have said, the resort offers a free bus/coach to the beach and playa del ingles several times a day! This was great as very reliable and on time.
Ok so i think ive said enough about how great this place is, would we go back...? Yes without a doubt! Beautiful resort with a lovely home away from home feeling! Thankyou CGC, we had a lovely time :)

• Stayed: July 2014