This was our first time at an Riu Hotel and we were very impressed by the standards set by the RIU Club Hotel Meloneras.
Firstly can I say we found it very hard to find fault with this hotel .The hotel throughout was spotless in all areas but we did find the room was rather small the double bed also was on the small side so ask for a twin room as I think there would have been more space in the twin rooms although plenty of cupboard and drawers etc TV / fridge /safe etc all included in the price but no tea coffee fascilities. The bathrooms were fine with plenty hot water etc good shower / hairdrier etc but thought the towels were needing replaced with new ones as they were very hard although clean. The food in the restaurant was excellant the pool snack bar and the pool bar really were fantastic one of the best served pool areas for lunch/snacks and drinks we have been in all over europe so well done RIU. Very pleased with the pool area loads of sunbeds and plenty of space around the pools and the gardens. All the staff were very helpful and extrememly pleasant and the hotel was run to a very high standard.
One thing that we felt really let the hotel down was the evening entertainment which was very poor I am not blaming the animation team as the kids worked their socks of from morning till late at night but surely a hotel of this high standard can provide a better standard of entertainment .Kids miming every night to music with the same dance routines etc was very very boring which was a shame as we saw two first class shows in the two weeks we were there the showbar lounge was fantastic and was well equiped to put on far better entertainment for the guests so come on RIU please take note and do something about this or the general public will go elsewhere which would be a huge shame.
Melonores ..... the area around the hotel was quiet but had a lovely promenade along the seafront to maspalomes sand dunes and there was a great bus service with buses that ran to anywhere on the island which we used all the time so very easy to get around.
Would I recommend this hotel .....definately yes ......but hope the entertainment improves.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Costa Meloneras, near El Faro. 4 And 2-storey building. On the seafront. 30,000 M2 garden. 900 M from Maspalomas sand dune beach. 6 Km from the centre of Playa del Ingles. 200 M from various shops. 37 Km from the airport. 100 M from a bus stop. Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Amex, Visa, Diners. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with RIU Hotels and Resorts, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Hotelopia, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, HRS, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Gran Canaria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Clubhotel Gran Canaria Maspalomas
- Club Hotel Riu Gran Canaria
- Riu Gran Canaria
- ClubHotel Riu Gran Canaria Maspalomas