Just as good the second time around. My husband, daughter and I were there for the first two weeks in May. We had been told via our holiday company that there would be work going on at the hotel next door and that there may be some noise. Oh my goodness some work, they knocked the hotel down! That said it did not make any difference to us and our holiday experience. On arrival at the hotel to check in the staff were efficient and checked us in within minutes, not only that we were updated to a sea view garden suite. The suite was spacious and contained one large bedroom and a separate room with a single bed/couch. Our daughter was made up to have her own room.
At breakfast, lunch and dinner, there was an excellent choice and this time at the hotel we tried the Atlántico and Chinese restaurants. Atlántico, we were not that keen on for a few reasons; our suite was directly below the restaurant and each morning we could hear the food being prepared and during the evening when our daughter was trying to sleep we could hear everything that was going on above us. The dining experience at this restaurant was not what we expected, we were not shown to a table and waited on. We thought that the main restaurant had more to offer and the staff were far more attentive and made a real fuss of our daughter, who rewarded them with a felt tip drawing. We were more than happy with the Chinese. We were directed to a table, asked what we would like to drink and then left to choose our meal. The food was good and we had a couple of trips to get some more. The staff here promptly removed the plates from the table whereas at the Atlántico they didn't.
Our daughter (Aged 4 in June) loves it here, particularly the children's swimming pool area. She made a friend there of the same age and happily played all day. We never struggled to get a sun lounger throughout our 14 night stay which took a great deal of pressure off in the morning. We hired a car for a week and even when returning to the hotel in the late afternoon we still were able to get a good spot by the pool.
We would whole heartedly recommend this hotel and I suspect will be returning next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Costa Meloneras, near El Faro. 4 And 2-storey building. On the seafront. 30,000 M2 garden. 900 M from Maspalomas sand dune beach. 6 Km from the centre of Playa del Ingles. 200 M from various shops. 37 Km from the airport. 100 M from a bus stop. Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Amex, Visa, Diners. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with RIU Hotels and Resorts, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Hotelopia, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, HRS, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Gran Canaria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Clubhotel Gran Canaria Maspalomas
- Club Hotel Riu Gran Canaria
- Riu Gran Canaria
- ClubHotel Riu Gran Canaria Maspalomas