This hotel is absolutely fantastic. It has had a complete refurbishment and it has certainly been well worth it. The hotel from the outside has a wow factor, it is clean and the gardens are perfectly kept. We arrived late at night and we were checked in no problem. Our room had been allocated in the main block accessed through the lifts/stairs in the main reception. We had room 3082. The views from this room are brilliant! Full garden and sea view along with view of pools and also a very clear view of the terrace and the outside singers.
The entertainment outside on the terrace goes on until 11pm which was fine. There is also shows every night in the salon bar.
There is a nightclub 'bubbles' which is open until around 1.30am, next to salon bar which we spent a couple of evenings in.
Restaurants: There are 4.
Las Dunas - Main buffet Restaurant, no reservation needed
Kaiko - Asian buffet restaurant, reservation needed - Dinner Only
Atlantico - Grill restaurant, reservation needed, although open at breakfast and lunch and no reservation is needed
El Patio (next to Las Dunas) ...So pleased I entered this little restaurant (no res needed) same food as Las Dunas....however no where near as busy and more of a relaxed atmosphere. We spent the majority of the evenings in El Patio. Visted Asian once.
Had lunch in Atlantico everyday along with breakfast, lovely sea views and not as busy. The choice of food is ample and the food is of a good quality.
Next to the nightclub is 'after hours' opens after 11pm and you can help yourself to a selection of food, sandwiches, burgers, hot dogs and drinks, we enjoyed having a little snack before bed!
Sundbeds- plenty of them and no need to rush down we always found some around 9am everyday. Pools are great, correct temp. Infinity pool by purple bar is an adults only area and has in pool sun loungers, very nice!
Wifi is free in reception for 90 mins per day. For the week it is 20euros, for a day it is 5euros. I purchased a week and it seemed to keep kicking me out so keep the receipt for it on you. The machine where wifi is purchased is to the left of reception by the computer areas. Very handy.
In room is a complimentary safe which you set a code for yourself, very good! Room was clean and spacious. The power showers are the best ever!!!! also when the head is twisted you can get all the different settings even a mist one! Room had a fan and air con.
The staff at this hotel are absolutely second to none. All acknowledge you, smile and are professional and efficient.
We accessed the promenade at the back if the hotel through the back gate area, easier than walking all the way around the area.
Resort - this resort is full of designer shops, jewelry shops, perfume shops and restaurants. This would not be a resort for anyone wanting a lively sort of night time. Playa del Ingles - lively part- is around an hour walk away and we walked to it along the beach, passing the sand dunes along the way.
Excursions can be booked through Thomson/First Choice (who we traveled with) and there are plenty.
The moonlight cinema is quite quirky where you watch films 'under the stars' outside with blankets and table service.
All in all this holiday was truly fantastic and I would classify it a 5 star. Will return and recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Costa Meloneras, near El Faro. 4 And 2-storey building. On the seafront. 30,000 M2 garden. 900 M from Maspalomas sand dune beach. 6 Km from the centre of Playa del Ingles. 200 M from various shops. 37 Km from the airport. 100 M from a bus stop. Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Amex, Visa, Diners. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, RIU Hotels and Resorts, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Gran Canaria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Clubhotel Gran Canaria Maspalomas
- Club Hotel Riu Gran Canaria
- Riu Gran Canaria
- ClubHotel Riu Gran Canaria Maspalomas