After staying 2 weeks at the Clubhotel Riu Gran Canaria overall our holiday was very good. It is a beautiful hotel in an excellent location situated right on a promenade and close to shops, restaurants and a 10 minute walk away from Maspalomas beach. We checked in in the early hours of the morning and the reception staff were very welcoming and friendly.The rooms are excellent: very stylish, clean, modern, and the beds were very comfortable. However be aware that some of the rooms overlook the building work next to the hotel which was an inconvenience for us as the work is major but the hotel managed to change our rooms after 3 nights. This work is due to be completed by the end of August 2014.
The hotel is set in beautiful grounds which are well maintained along with a main swimming pool, a well thought out kids pool, a baby pool, and a fantastic adults only infinity pool. One of the downsides for us is the size of the main swimming pool. July is a very busy time of year and the main pool just wasn't big enough, it was standing room only; you couldn't swim, especially when water-based activities were taking place. Sunbeds were not supposed to be reserved, but they were therefore for a good sunbed you had to be an early riser! Another problem with the pool area is there is no pool bar (there are 2 bars within the pool areas but you were not allowed to enter wet!!) Plenty of sunbeds were available and even though toilets were situated around the grounds they were insufficient.
All of the food provided by all of the restaurants was to a very high standard-we couldn't fault it in any way! The waiters and waitresses were all very friendly. However if you sit outside to eat be aware that there are a lot of smokers which put us off our food.
Overall we thoroughly enjoyed our holiday but shall not be returning to the hotel due to the lack of space in the main pool.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Costa Meloneras, near El Faro. 4 And 2-storey building. On the seafront. 30,000 M2 garden. 900 M from Maspalomas sand dune beach. 6 Km from the centre of Playa del Ingles. 200 M from various shops. 37 Km from the airport. 100 M from a bus stop. Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Amex, Visa, Diners. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with RIU Hotels and Resorts, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Gran Canaria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Clubhotel Gran Canaria Maspalomas
- Club Hotel Riu Gran Canaria
- Riu Gran Canaria
- ClubHotel Riu Gran Canaria Maspalomas