We had a lovely holiday at this hotel. A few pluses and minuses below – but we certainly enjoyed our stay.
There were a few things that niggled slightly, but nothing to stop us enjoying ourselves and I’m not sure they should be viewed as ‘negatives’ as such... but it’s only fair to mention them. These were:
- No one to take your luggage to your room – quite hard when you’re the farthest room from the reception and arriving at midnight, we were desperately trying to wheel our suitcases along the halls and up the stairs without make any noise but that was impossible! We heard others doing it most evenings.
- Adult pool is absolutely freezing – but it is gorgeous
- Main pools are full of children even though there is a large children’s pool. This is not a major problem at all, but just something to be aware of if you want to actually swim.
- The hotel is so large with so many staff we found we were served by someone different every single time. Again this is not a negative as such as the staff were all polite and friendly, just not a particularly personal service that we have found in other hotels.
- There wasn’t enough space in the rooms to store two suitcases which was a bit of an issue and involved us tripping over them quite a bit, but seeing as we weren’t in the room much we could get over this!
And a few positives to balance it all out!:
- The food was very good. Yes a bit repetitive but we couldn't complain about the quality. I found a few things quiet bland but certainly had enough to satisfy me. My fiance can be quite fussy with food and he loved it so that was good!
- The Asian restaurant was by far the best – we ate hear twice and absolutely loved it each time
- The evening entertainment was really enjoyable – yes admittedly it was cheesy at times, but we found the entertainment team hilarious and there was a brilliant acrobatics act one night that was simply amazing and I would have paid money to see.
- The all-inclusive drinks and cocktails were really nice and there was plenty of choice
- The rooms were clean and modern and the shower was brilliant!
- The grounds were kept very clean
- Nice easily access to the path out by the sea which has a lovely walk either way – nice to stretch your legs now and then. And some good bargains to be had in the designer shops!
Overall I would recommend this hotel certainly, but it was not quite as good as I was hoping having read some other reviews. Again, I must stress this is nothing bad and nothing to stop you. We had an excellent deal to stay here so really and truly for value for money the hotel did well. I would just hope that the management would take the time to fix the niggles as its nothing major and would make a difference.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Costa Meloneras, near El Faro. 4 And 2-storey building. On the seafront. 30,000 M2 garden. 900 M from Maspalomas sand dune beach. 6 Km from the centre of Playa del Ingles. 200 M from various shops. 37 Km from the airport. 100 M from a bus stop. Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Amex, Visa, Diners. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with RIU Hotels and Resorts, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Gran Canaria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Clubhotel Gran Canaria Maspalomas
- Club Hotel Riu Gran Canaria
- Riu Gran Canaria
- ClubHotel Riu Gran Canaria Maspalomas