Swapped a week’s timeshare to stay at the Vista Serene in Maspalomas. Location may not suit many as it is a long way from Playa del Ingles and Maspalomas beach which unless you have a car would mean a taxi everywhere; however this was not a problem for us as we had taken our car across on the ferry. In fact we were in a really nice quiet part of town but as others have said those looking for a noisy, lively holiday location should look elsewhere.
Upon arrival we were met in reception and given refreshments while they checked to see if our apartment was ready. It was and we were in 2B which was on the ground floor close to the bar area and the swimming pool. The complex is small and very tastefully decorated with all of the apartments painted in lovely pastel colours of blue, green and peach. The layout gives you privacy if you want it; however during the time we were there not all of the apartments were in use.
The apartments were well equipped with irons, hairdryers, mircrowaves and should you want them free DVDs There are also some UK TV channels, a book swap and free WIFI also you can have use of the hotel PC at a small extra cost. There is a tiny supermarket on site which stocked a small amount of most things to get you started.
The pool area is quite small but there were plenty of sun beds to go around and nobody felt they had to book these with their towels, which can be a problem in some complexes. There is not much for children apart from the pool and a table tennis area. Although a short walk away is Holiday World which is a complex with fairground type rides, video and games machines and a couple of restaurants.
We used the bar for a few drinks as we went out most of the time but the staff were friendly and the menu looked good. Food is served under a large canopy next to the bar with specials served each night. The bar closed early and most nights was not open beyond 11pm. As we went out every night we were given a key to let ourselves in the side entrance. Reception closes at 3.00am so we didn´t have a need for the key as we were back most nights by 1.30am.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Vista Serena is located in Maspalomas, 1 km outside Playa del Inglés in Gran Canaria. Surrounded by gardens, they offer 2 outdoor pools and a sun terrace with loungers. All apartments at the Vista Serena have a private terrace. They also consist of a bedroom, a living-dining room with sofa bed, and a bathroom. The kitchen is equipped with a hob, fridge and microwave. There is satellite TV in the living room, and the complex offers a DVD rental service. Vista Serena has a restaurant, the Celebration Restaurant, which serves contemporary cuisine. There is also a poolside bar where you can get a drink to enjoy on the sun terrace. Maspalomas Golf Club is just 1.2 km away from Vista Serena, and the sand dunes are 2 km away. Aqualand Water Park is also 2 km away. This property is also rated for the best value in Maspalomas! Guests are getting more for their money when compared to other properties in this city. We speak your language! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, HostelWorld, Hotelopia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Club Vista Serena reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Vista Serena Hotel Maspalomas
- Hotel Vista Serena
- Vista Serena Hotel
- Club Vista Serena Maspalomas, Gran Canaria