My wife and I spent a peaceful week at Club Vista Serena last week. We both thoroughly enjoyed it. This was for a number of reasons.
* We wanted a bit of peace and quiet.
* The complex is small, but very well kept. The staff are very helpful and friendly.
* We did not want to be in the centre of Playa des Ingles. This complex is a little distance from the main part of the resort. We had a hire car, but we did walk right into the town centre and down to the dunes (well worth a visit).
We got what we wanted and really enjoyed. There were a lot of other Brits staying, and a few other nationalities too. When we went it was either families with one small kid or couples. I would not say that this is an ideal place for families with school or teenage children. There is only a pool, kid’s pool and table tennis table for entertainment.
I think that it is advisable to have a car so that you can get about. We had one because we wanted to visit parts of the island as well as sunning ourselves. Car hire is not too bad on Gran Canaria other than the cars are somewhat scraped. Not totally surprising as the roads in the centre of the island are quite narrow and switch back upon themselves frequently.
We paid the standard rental charge. This does not include the use of the air conditioning in the bedroom. We did not need it as the nights were cool enough. The price for the use of the air con was €3 a day or €19 a week. However the standard charge does include the changing of the towels and bed linen in the middle of your stay. The friendly maids also give the apartment a clean as well.
The apartments are quite well appointed; a double bedroom with air con, a bathroom with shower and bath and a lounge/ diner with a sofa bed, TV, breakfast bar and small kitchen. There is a 4 ring electric hob and a microwave, but no proper oven. Not really that much of a problem.
If you do not fancy cooking your own meals, then there is a bar next to the pool that serves reasonably priced meals and snacks.
There is a tiny shop by the reception. It might not be large, but there is still quite a selection of items on sale. There are other small supermarkets nearby, but if you want to get a good shop, then the Mercadona in Bellavista is a good place for this. You will need to drive to get there.
If you are someone who likes more than just roasting in the sun, then there are plenty of places to visit on the island if you have a car. I believe that you can get about using buses too. Places that we went to and enjoyed were Aguimes, Fataga, Puerto de Mogan.
One bit of useful information about going to the Canaries, do not buy duty free on the way out or back. It is cheaper to buy items on the island in the normal shops. You can get some good bargains if you look.
Would I go back? Yes.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, HostelWorld, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, LoveHolidays, Priceline, Evoline ltd, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Club Vista Serena reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Vista Serena Hotel Maspalomas
- Hotel Vista Serena
- Vista Serena Hotel
- Club Vista Serena Maspalomas, Gran Canaria