“It's exactly what you pay for - good and cheap”
Review of Turbo Club

Turbo Club
Ranked #74 of 216 Hotels in Maspalomas
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I can't understand what all those people who knock Turbo Club expect for very little money. It is 2 star not 5 star and we all only pay 2 star prices. We have now been twice and thoroughly enjoyed both of our stays. Yes, the food could be better but it is okay; not all the spirits are 40% though the whiskey is; it can get a little noisy at times; and so on. Overall an excellent cheapie in the sun so why knock it?

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
10  Thank andyasw
There are newer reviews for Turbo Club

Reviewed 10 May 2014

If you read my other reviews you will see i am very fair.
my first time to gran canaria and overall nice place. large amount of gay couples here on this island most good some not so good but did not bother me.
27 degrees all week 27 april till 4th may.
hotel 2 star maximum rating.
rooms nice by top swimming pool away from noise of main pool.
clean and cleaned throughout week.
top pool nice but quite deep 1.75 metres, baby pool ok.
sun loungers good and plenty. pool clean and not too cold.
staff not so good, only spoke to me when i spoke to them and then not bothered with me.
local drinks - beer nice, shorts vodka etc were horrible and nasty, coca cola etc not nice either.
coffee horrible.

FOOD - OMG don't go all inclusive and you will be fine, the food is not fit for purpose, the worst food i have ever had in 30 years of travelling around the world. i will eat anything and i only found 1 meal i could bear to eat.
go self catering and this hotel is good value.
taxi to beach 4 euros, free bus

no afternoon food, most hotels all inclusive have burger bar or at least chips etc for kids but nothing here except some cakes tea and coffee all horrible.

entertainment very poor

transfer from airport 1 hour - taxi from airport 45 euros each way

camel ride in sand dunes 12 euros each 30 minutes good near free bus drop off.

playa del ingles gay festival and area called gumbo centre including sex shops so avoid with kids.on promenade nice chinese buffet restaurants 7 euros each.

walk from playa del ingles along water to maspolomas past nudist beach nice but not for kids .

overall i wish i had gone to a better hotel because area is quite nice but has put me off going back to this island.

Room Tip: ask for family room by top swimming pool and ask for top floor. i stayed in 246 which was ok.
Reviewed 8 May 2014

the situation of the hotel is a little remote but handy for the market.. food was ok although a little bland.. we stayed for 9 nights and the sheets were not changed during our stay but we had clean towels 3 times. the staff were very pleasant and the reception staff very helpful and knowledgeable which was handy...as we travelled with Ryanair we had to print our return boarding passes whilst on holiday and the reception staff were very helpful with this also it cost 3 Euro's ..on the whole it was an enjoyable stay and the weather was excellent ,average of 26 degs each day

Room Tip: if you like quiet rooms and quiet pool then choose the bungalows near the upper pool side
1  Thank tinaturk
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Sitting on the balcony as I write this !!! Where do I start food if your on a diet or like frozen kiddy food or day before left over es then great !!! Its shocking . Drinks watered down my partners has drank the wine in pints and nothing . Pillows awful sheets to small and no air con ..... entertainment lol rubbish music for kids .... no bar at night just one person serving crap watered down drinks in plastic cups .... afternoon cakes and tea is day before pudding and stale bread . Reception if you can call it one staff are rude and ignorant .. apart from alot more i could say apart from DONT COME HERE the rooms clean no pots and pans in kithen to make a drink ...... happy holidaying

Room Tip: Dont bother all the same pool view
3  Thank Lisa P
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Late April 2014
The holiday didn't start that well because of the typical Ryanair confusion but this is obviously not the hotels fault. Just thought I'd mention it as a little dig at Ryanair.
There is not any family rooms so we asked for 2 rooms next to each other. We were given 2 up stairs rooms next to each other with a single flight of stairs between them so it was like a family room with 2 front doors.
Both rooms were very pleasant and clean. Both over looked the smaller quieter pool (rooms 254 and 255).
The food was not to my liking but I am a fussy eater. The other members of the family were OK with it. I stuck to toast every morning as I can not eat the plastic sausages that the canary islands seem to thrive on. Also not being an egg lover and the lack of bacon meant I was not left with much. The toast however was fine.
We paid for the Wi-Fi which was 20 Euro for a week per device. We were expecting it to only work in reception but it worked in our room and around both pools and was fairly quick.
The main pool filled up quite quickly but we managed to get sun beds as long as we got down by the pool by 08:30. The quieter pool nearly always had sun beds spare.
There is a shop built into the hotel which sold pretty much everything.
I found the entertainment too loud inside so we sat out side where you could still hear fine but manage to talk and play cards OK.
There is no snack bar, only a pool bar which shut when lunch started. That was fine but if you did not want to go in for dinner then you had to go to the restaurant dripping wet to get a drink. There was no exception, 12:30 was 12:30 even if the bar staff were still at the pool side bar. Not a problem for me but not sure about the safety side of water dripping over the restaurant floor.
The staff on the whole were very friendly. There were a couple who seemed a bit grumpy but maybe they were just having a bad day.
The crazy golf course was being renovated when we were there but looked fun.
The hotel was within easy walking distance of the local market which is big. It think is on Wednesdays and Saturdays but you would need to check this. Also not far away is Holiday world, a kind of theme park. We didn't go so cant say what it is like. There is a cycle rental place run by a brit. Didn't try this either but got talking to him and he will certainly help with any question you might have.
All in all I enjoyed this hotel and would go back again if it wasn't for the fact that we go somewhere different every time.

Room Tip: None of the rooms are far from the entertainment or restaurant. The room round the main pool are pro...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank AdyFelixstowe
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Just got back from a week staying at the turbo club, well where shall I start the hotel itself is nice enough two nice pools and the apartments are nice enough and everything is spotlessly clean. But here comes the negatives the hotel is to far from anything so if you are thinking about booking here remember to factor in you
will spend a fair bit on taxis, although the hotel does have a bus that goes to the beach free of charge but it rans very few hours and last bus back at four thirty.The food , its not great cauliflower for breakfast one morning.The choice was terrible for all the meals but I surpose you will get buy if you dont mind the same thing all the time.I would not personally call it allinclusive, full board with drinks because other inclusives I've stayed in have had snacks and icecream inbetween your meals .The shows in the nights are terrible the usual mini disco for the kids followed by handing out certificates for the winners of thats days activities and in the week we had here we had a fella with a parrot and other animals and that was the extent of the evening shows (pants)!! Not to be a negative nelly but its not great and I wouldnt go back.z

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ingrid p
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I visited here August last year. I have wrote a review dated September 2013. I still look back and read peoples reviews on it. I can't believe people are negative about this place. It is cheap and cheerful. It's what you pay for. It is noisy but it caters for all types. I took a 10 year old boy and an 8 year old girl. They loved it. The food was a vast choice. You are not going to get lobster or caviar for the price you pay. I would recommend this place to anyone. It does need a spruce up but you can't be a snob with the price you pay. So anyone looking to book up this place, ignore the negative comments. If you pay £2000 for a family of 4, it's a great holiday. The one thing that is a bit of the way is the beach but that is not the hotels fault. They do supply a free bus service.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family