Just had a week in this hotel, booked through Thompson (who are rubbish, I will be dropping the middleman in future)!!!
To begin with, the weather was amazing, which is what we went for, what we weren't expecting was the beautiful staff who treated us like family or long lost friends. It was amazing how the staff knew us, our name & room numbers from day one, they even knew my favourite wine, which was chilling next to the table along with the rest of drinks. A big thank you to Roberto who looked after us at dinner!!
The food was Devine, from the choice of 2 soups, dozen of different fresh breads, to the show cooking of meats & fish and mountains of salads and vegetables all fresh and beautifully presented. Desserts were a lot better than 'spanish' cakes fro the past.
All in all, amazing food, breakfast was beautiful too, with smoothies of whatever took your fancy! My favourite was banana, kiwi, and raspberry.
I loved it here, it was very relaxing.
Please note, it is not really a kids hotel, my kids were the only ones there and that was no problem because they have good table manners and know how to behave, (most of the time)!!! 90% of the guests are elderly, which was lovely, but if your kids want to be entertained and have tons of other kids to play with, then I don't think this would be the right place. It is a very quiet hotel, and I was constantly telling my 6 year old to keep the volume
My only niggle was with the lack of a gate, leading to the roundabout by the lighthouse. From looking at the hotel you would think it was a stones throw from the lighthouse, bars and restaurants, but there is no gate in the righthand corner, instead the exit is to the left, leading to the beach (which has nearly gone, just rocks now, but still pretty), you have to walk through alleyways of shops and bars to get to where you want to be??? Didn't make sense to me!! Sort that out and This is the perfect hotel!!
Loved it, I will be back, maybe without the kids this time?? :-))
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Maspalomas beach. Near "El Faro" and the Maspalomas sand dunes. Direct access to the beach through lush gardens. Two 5-storey main buildings. Surrounded by 65,000 garden with artificial lakes and approx. 2,000 palm trees. 5 km from Playa del Ingles. Airport Gran Canaria Airport (LPA) 37.0 km approx. Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Jet2Holidays , Ebookers, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Oasis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Grand Palace Maspalomas Oasis Hotel Maspalomas
- Riu Grand Palace Hotel Maspalomas
- Riu Grand Palace Resort Maspalomas
- Hotel Riu Palace Oasis Maspalomas, Gran Canaria