I returned from this hotel this morning (10/08/2014). To start off the hotel is slightly dated but very well maintained and rumoured to get rebuilt. It has it's own large gardens which leads straight onto the beach, a lovely pool and great staff. Drinks/cocktails are local branded but come with generous measures. The only downfall is there is a limited selection of alcoholic cocktails available so if you fancy a margarita don't expect to get one.
Rooms were cleaned everyday to a good standard and we had an issue with the air conditioning the first day which was sorted within 30 mins.
There was enough fresh food to fill you up served throughout the day with a very large choice available.
One thing we noticed was the hotel seemed to frown on balls and floatables in the pool, which for people with children may be off putting. The beach is exceptional and probably one of the best I've been on just be aware you may get more than you bargained for as after a certain point there is a large (actively used) nudist area.
There's everything you need there including snacks all day, free wifi, decent evening entertainment (mainly in Spanish but even the instrumental skills of the performers had to be admired). The staff are amazing, our flight was at 0300 and we had to check out at 1100 the day before. We was still approached for drinks and allowed food until we left and they even offered us a courtesy room to get showered after we had checked out!
I could write on for ages but to summarise it's a lovely island a lively resort with plenty to do and if your looking for a place to have a relaxing week or two close to home I would definitely recommend and would gladly return myself.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Maspalomas beach. Near "El Faro" and the Maspalomas sand dunes. Direct access to the beach through lush gardens. Two 5-storey main buildings. Surrounded by 65,000 garden with artificial lakes and approx. 2,000 palm trees. 5 km from Playa del Ingles. Airport Gran Canaria Airport (LPA) 37.0 km approx. Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Jet2Holidays , Ebookers, TripOnline SA, LoveHolidays, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Oasis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Grand Palace Maspalomas Oasis Hotel Maspalomas
- Riu Grand Palace Hotel Maspalomas
- Riu Grand Palace Resort Maspalomas
- Hotel Riu Palace Oasis Maspalomas, Gran Canaria