We have just returned this morning from a 4 night stay at this hotel. It is a solid 4 star all inclusive hotel in a fantastic location on Maspalomas beach.
-The hotel staff are very professional, friendly and nothing was too much trouble.
-The hotel interior is spacious and there is lots of comfortable seating inside and outside for guests and it does not feel crowded.
-The hotel is well maintained and very clean.
-There is a wide choice of food in the restaurants that caters for all tastes and nationalities.
-You can also make a reservation for the Krystal restaurant if you want to dine from an a' la carte menu in a more intimate setting.
-The hotel gardens are spectacular and a short walk through them takes you straight out to Maspalomas beach.Turning right out from the garden there are shops and restaurants aligning a short walkway to the lighthouse.
-If you are travelling to the hotel from the airport you can take the 66 or 90 bus all the way for four euros. Your cases will be stored in the luggage compartment of the bus and the hotel is the last stop. The bus station is directly outside the hotel and you will not miss the big red RIU sign.
-Some people complain that the hotel needs an upgrade because it is dated. The hotel does have a 1990's feel about it and it would need an update in order to be awarded 5 stars. That said the hotel is 4 star and would almost certainly need to close for a period if building work was in progress.
-The quality of the alcohol is ok, but there is a limited range of cocktails. Be warned spirits are mixed very strongly with 50/50 alcohol with a mixer.
-Although the hotel say they don't allow reserving of sun beds, this was openly flouted with guests charging down to the pool at 6:am with their towels. They then wouldn't appear until lunch time. I found this very annoying as there is no need for such selfish behaviour.
-The free wifi is only available in the lobby and is incredibly slow. The hotel should do something about this because in reality it does not cost anything to provide wifi access across the building, which they can protect with a password.
This is a nice hotel and is recommended for families and couples. It is not a hotel if you wish to be rowdy and raucous with music blaring.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Maspalomas beach. Near "El Faro" and the Maspalomas sand dunes. Direct access to the beach through lush gardens. Two 5-storey main buildings. Surrounded by 65,000 garden with artificial lakes and approx. 2,000 palm trees. 5 km from Playa del ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Jet2Holidays , TravelUp, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com and Lastminute so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Oasis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Grand Palace Maspalomas Oasis Hotel Maspalomas
- Riu Grand Palace Hotel Maspalomas
- Riu Grand Palace Resort Maspalomas
- Hotel Riu Palace Oasis Maspalomas, Gran Canaria