Just returned from 7 days at Sheraton Salobre Golf Resort & Spa.
Would endorse all the positive and negative comments that I've read in the recent reviews below. Rooms are spacious and very clean (but don't expect to put your own drinks in the fridge or expect tea making facilities (though you can ask room service for your 'free'tea which takes about 20 minutes to arrive), service is mostly very good (almost too quick at times; in the restaurant they favour the American way of whipping away plates the moment any person on the table has finished), staff are generally polite and welcoming. An excellent feature is that beach/pool towels are provided free, preventing the need to pack (good on restricted baggage allowance flights). The beach house owned by the hotel provides free towels and has a nice little pool to relax in, away from the hubub of the beach area.
The spa area at the hotel is a bit more relaxed than the 11th floor sunset pool area although we did use it on a free voucher!
A few caveats; be prepared that the hotel is isolated with little (or no) nightime entertainment. There is a free courtesy bus to the coast (20 mins ride) roughly every hour, although the first bus often gets full (book at reception as soon as you get up and ignore any 'rule you see about only being able to book an hour before!) and from there a bus to the capital in the North takes about 1.25 hours and costs around 7 euros.
Drinks are pretty expensive; 3 medium (less than a pint) beers and a medium soft drink at dinner comes to circa £20 (25 Euros).
The breakfast area gets unpleasantly busy between 10.00 and 10.30; partly I think, because the Spanish eat later, and partly because people are trying to last from breakfast to evening dinner on half board, without having the expense of buying lunch. The egg-man cooking fresh eggs doesn't rush! If you can go nearer 9.00 and can still last out to dinner, then it's a more pleasant experience.
If you're happy (as we were) to sit by a pool in the warm sunshine (28 degrees late September), then the hotel is good, but if you get bored easily, then this one (and perhaps this island) is probably not for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Step into serenity at Sheraton Gran Canaria Salobre Golf Resort which is unique 5-star resort where you can enjoy a true and unbeatable holiday experience set in the countryside of the south of Gran Canaria, beside two 18-hole golf courses and with view to the sea and the mountains of the Island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sheraton Gran Canaria Salobre Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Salobre Golf Resort And Spa
- Sheraton Salobre Golf Hotel Maspalomas
- Sheraton Salobre Hotel
- Sheraton Maspalomas
- Maspalomas Sheraton
- Sheraton Gran Canaria Salobre Golf Resort Maspalomas