We spent 10 days here in January. The hotel is situated in the hills which were definitely cooler than areas by the coast and as non golfers at this time of the year, we would in future opt for a seaside location. One definitely needed to have a car if you didn’t play golf. Our room was on the 10th floor with a balcony overlooking the golf course. It was pleasant to sit there but the sun disappeared mid morning which was not good in January but could be an advantage during the hotter weather.
The room facilities were fine for us and included a very large bed, superking plus. We could have done with a few drawers to put bits in other than clothes. The bathroom had a large clear window into the bedroom and a wet room floor for the shower. TV was temperamental but instant service sorted it out. If you like complimentary mineral water then sign up for their loyalty SPG programme at no extra cost and you get two bottles a day provided free. Linen was changed daily and the room cleaned to a high standard. A couple of missing bulbs were quickly replaced.
Hotel facilities included several pools and multiple areas for lounging outside. The best was the rooftop infinity pool with pool bar. On half board, one used the noisy Gofio buffet which had an excellent selection of starters, salads and desserts but fell down heavily on the main course which entailed selecting and placing on your plate, raw meat and fish to be cooked on the grill. Other hot selections were not in evidence apart from some roast pork which was very fatty. After experiencing this scrum on the first night we opted to book for the Tapas bar where we were offered a choice of a set daily tapas selection or a set four course meal as an alternative to the buffet. We also went to the a la Carte restaurant where we were allowed a 30% discount. The meals here were more in keeping with a five star hotel. However the a la carte menu only varied from day to day with the ‘market’ fish and the amuse-bouche or aperitif was the same every night.
Service throughout the hotel during our stay was excellent and a feedback canapé/drinks invitation showed the hotel is keen to rectify any shortcomings.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Step into serenity at Sheraton Gran Canaria Salobre Golf Resort which is unique 5-star resort where you can enjoy a true and unbeatable holiday experience set in the countryside of the south of Gran Canaria, beside two 18-hole golf courses and with view to the sea and the mountains of the Island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Ebookers, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, LoveHolidays, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Sheraton Gran Canaria Salobre Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Salobre Golf Resort And Spa
- Sheraton Salobre Golf Hotel Maspalomas
- Sheraton Salobre Hotel
- Sheraton Maspalomas
- Maspalomas Sheraton
- Sheraton Gran Canaria Salobre Golf Resort Maspalomas