The First Choice brochure pics set a high expectation for the pool area but I was not disappointed, it's beautiful, plenty of different areas to sit, plenty of beds, although a lot of shade from the palms at various times so the best sun spots are taken by the usual towel rush, even at Christmas. Hotel reception is very impressive and the rooms were nice and big. I would agree this is a Premier rated hotel. I loved the buffet food, but I'm not fussy, especially appreciated the great breakfast with great bacon and HP sauce available. Plenty for meateaters and nice sauces and sides, but the chips always seemed empty which might annoy the kids.
Some annoyances in the room that should have been checked before we checked in and no-one from maintenance ever came.
My only complaint was the evening entertainment which is probably just the time of year. There is nothing until 10pm apart from a piano bar which was like Strictly Come Benidorm. I found it so annoying I would just sit in reception. If your over 70 then you might like it. At 10pm a show which was ok, although the showroom lent itself to a nightclub and that would have been much better, not a rave club, but a nice chillout bar type of club for all ages after dinner.
I would definitely go back.
One last thing - no water anywhere to drink apart from asking for a cup at the bar when its open, how weird for all inclusive and you not even allowed to fill up a container in the restaurant. Have to buy from supermarket. Also take a kettle and tea/coffee otherwise you can only get it when the restaurant of bar is open.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Maspalomas & Tabaiba Princess is perfect for families with children, golfer (there's a golf course right behind) and those who just want to relax by the pool. The two u-shaped buildings Maspalomas Princess and Tabaiba Princess share a huge pool landscape including an artificial beach, with pool bars and a relax-island. The Maspalomas & Tabaiba Princess is situated in Maspalomas, in the south of Gran Canaria. Within walking distance there is the golf course Maspalomas Golf (300 m) and Maspalomas beach (1,5 km) with its famous dunes. Gran Canaria Airport is located 35 kilometers from the hotel and the resorts Meloneras and Playa del Ingles 3 kilometers. The Maspalomas & Tabaiba Princess has two main restaurants with live-cooking, offering buffet style breakfast, lunch and dinner. The À-La-Carte-Restaurant "La Hacienda" in the pool area serves tapas and international cuisine. Gentlemen are required to wear long pants and shirts with a sleeve in the evening in the restaurant. A total of 9 bars complete the gastronomic offer of the Maspalomas & Tabaiba Princess. The huge pool landscape of the Maspalomas & Tabaiba Princess boasts 6 outdoor pools, including 2 kids pools and a pool with an artificial beach, wooden parasols and a sand volleyball court. Some of the pools feature sloping entrances. The animation team hosts activities such as aquagym, aerobics, archery, beach-volleyballs and darts. Furthermore there is the option to play table tennis, mini golf, tennis, billiard and giant chess within the hotel. For the smallest guests there is a mini-club, kids pools, mini-disco, a playground and a special miniature hotel, the so called play-hotel. There are 439 rooms and suites in the Maspalomas Princess and 434 in the Tabaiba Princess. As a standard all rooms feature air conditioning, minibar-fridge (€), satellite tv, balcony or terrace and bathrooms with bathtub-shower-combination, hairdryer and amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Tabaiba Princess reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tabaiba Princess Hotel Maspalomas
- Maspalomas Tabaiba Princess
- Tabaiba Princess Maspalomas, Gran Canaria