Just got back from a week there - lovely and clean, good food, beautiful pools and always a sunbed. However . . . . . . paying for the fridge in the room!! 3 euros a day! Paying for replacing the pool towels! Very difficult to find some drinking water at times during the day - the reps answer was to go to the supermarket over the road - very good as we were all inclusive. Not impressed. Oh, and they insist on credit/debit card details up front - just in case they want to charge you for something!
Quite a trek - at least 30 minutes - to the beach with no courtesy bus or anything, although taxis are available.
The staff all appeared as if they had been told not to fraternise with the guests; efficient, prompt, good at their jobs but my goodness not at all sociable or chatty. A smile never hurt anyone and certainly helps on holiday.
Also: entertainment. Very very poor, apart from one Spanish dancing troupe on our last night who were absolutely superb.
On the up - very generous with the drinks, spotlessly clean, comfortable beds and nice rooms. When we first arrived weren't impressed with the island or the hotel but after travelling around we realized that we appeared to have the best hotel by far in the area. Won't be rushing back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Maspalomas & Tabaiba Princess is perfect for families with children, golfer (there's a golf course right behind) and those who just want to relax by the pool. The two u-shaped buildings Maspalomas Princess and Tabaiba Princess share a huge pool landscape including an artificial beach, with pool bars and a relax-island. The Maspalomas & Tabaiba Princess is situated in Maspalomas, in the south of Gran Canaria. Within walking distance there is the golf course Maspalomas Golf (300 m) and Maspalomas beach (1,5 km) with its famous dunes. Gran Canaria Airport is located 35 kilometers from the hotel and the resorts Meloneras and Playa del Ingles 3 kilometers. The Maspalomas & Tabaiba Princess has two main restaurants with live-cooking, offering buffet style breakfast, lunch and dinner. The À-La-Carte-Restaurant "La Hacienda" in the pool area serves tapas and international cuisine. Gentlemen are required to wear long pants and shirts with a sleeve in the evening in the restaurant. A total of 9 bars complete the gastronomic offer of the Maspalomas & Tabaiba Princess. The huge pool landscape of the Maspalomas & Tabaiba Princess boasts 6 outdoor pools, including 2 kids pools and a pool with an artificial beach, wooden parasols and a sand volleyball court. Some of the pools feature sloping entrances. The animation team hosts activities such as aquagym, aerobics, archery, beach-volleyballs and darts. Furthermore there is the option to play table tennis, mini golf, tennis, billiard and giant chess within the hotel. For the smallest guests there is a mini-club, kids pools, mini-disco, a playground and a special miniature hotel, the so called play-hotel. There are 439 rooms and suites in the Maspalomas Princess and 434 in the Tabaiba Princess. As a standard all rooms feature air conditioning, minibar-fridge (€), satellite tv, balcony or terrace and bathrooms with bathtub-shower-combination, hairdryer and amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Idiso Digital, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Atrapalo, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Tabaiba Princess reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tabaiba Princess Hotel Maspalomas
- Maspalomas Tabaiba Princess
- Tabaiba Princess Maspalomas, Gran Canaria