Tabaiba Princess
US$214
US$202
Melia.com
  • Pool
H10 Playa Meloneras Palace(Maspalomas)(Great Value!)
US$227
US$811
Hotels.com
Hotel Dunas Suites and Villas Resort(Maspalomas)(Great Value!)
US$179
  • Breakfast included
US$303
US$269
  • Pool
AxelBeach Maspalomas(Playa del Ingles)
US$85
Seaside Palm Beach(Maspalomas)
US$440
Dunas Maspalomas Resort(Maspalomas)(Great Value!)
US$211
Cordial Green Golf(Maspalomas)(Great Value!)
US$213
US$175
Travelocity
  • Pool
IFA Buenaventura Hotel(Playa del Ingles)
US$133
US$122
  • Restaurant
2,435 results
All reviewspiano barman made beachmini golfpool areabar staffhalf boardfake beachplenty of sunbedsmirror imagesaladgran canariaevening entertainmentpalm treesplenty of choicedry river bedhot dogssand dunes
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 August 2014

impressive luxury hotel in Maspalomas within 5-minute drive from Playa del Ingles. You have to take a taxi unless you want to hire a car to move around. Taxi is very cheap, about 4 euros. the hotel is very nice and clean. I have got two remarks to make. First, only one WIFI key is provided per person (meaning you can connect only one device at one time) which is quite a limitation, and most of the times you have to go the terrace if you want better connection. Secondly, room service is not as grand as the resort: they would not add more shampoo or bath gel or would not even clean the washbasin. I was really disappointed!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank Marcello M
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Overall great hotel and worth paying a little bit more for. The food is excellent and varies every single day. The drinks on an all inclusive package are the local brand which you expect and you soon find out which ones are better than others. One gripe is the lack of awareness the bar staff have of who to serve next - you can walk up to a bar with only 1 person in front of you and the staff seen to have a knack of then serving anybody else other than you who then walk up to the bar after you. This wasn't a one off and eventually I become quite aggressive with them to get their attention so you don't get completely ignored. We never had to queue for loungers even when hotel was fully booked as there are plenty and the pools are great. The entertainment was average apart from Elvis who was great however it should go on later than 11.00pm when the shows stop and the staff then tidy up around you shutting the bars dead on midnight. Rooms are very nice and spacious and cleaned daily, the only issue I had was for a family of 5 we had 2 rooms opposite one another albeit our room had an interconnecting door to another room so can't understand why this hadn't been allocated to us as we had originally requested. Unless this was changed in the future it would stop me rebooking which would be a shame as overall a good hotel which could be even better with a few small changes.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor for better views of the surrounding area otherwise you may just see palm trees
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank Jon R
Reviewed 3 August 2014

This was our 4th time in this hotel.

We were met at the airport by a rep but he did not accompany us back to the hotel; instead we had an automated message on the bus stating that the coach amenities would be shared with sister companies. Unusually, we were some of the last people to be let off the coach. On previous occasions the Tabaiba/Maspalomas was the first drop-off point.

We were dealt with quickly by the reception staff when we arrived after 11 at night. Even then the front desk is an amazing entrance. The restaurant was already closed but we were given a voucher for a piece of fruit and a sandwich from the piano bar at the sister hotel, the Maspalomas Princess. Staff there supplied a soft drink too. Just enough before getting to our rooms and bed for the night.

The hotel was not close to full so was fairly quiet. It did get busier later in the holiday but it remained quite quiet throughout, but then the English school holidays were on the horizon.

Our room was only a couple of doors away from the lift but you would not have known that.

Staff were very friendly, some willing to engage with you, even if only a few words from domestics, ground staff or front-line staff.

Early in the season not so much food was laid out at mealtimes but still with sufficient choice. Plenty of fresh vegetables, fruits, meats, fish and poultry. Also included were a selection of soups, cheeses and puddings.

You can have all your meals in the main buffet restaurant or you can have food at poolside from La Choza, where a selection of mostly fast foods was often very well-presented. Mid-morning tea and biscuits as well as mid-afternoon "kaffee mit küchen" were available.

Piano bar entertainment was the usual - aimed at the 45+ crowd, so lots of easy listening standards, performed by professionals on piano, guitar, saxophone and a Timple - a Canarian 5-stringed instrument related to a ukulele.

We did not see much of the reps at all. We did have a welcome pack left in our room and we knew where to find the reps if we needed them but on the whole they kept to a few central spots where they could be found.

Rooms cleaned daily and on occasion anything missing was dealt with by the front desk immediately. We used the safe for cash, credit cards and passports but felt safe enough to leave Kindles, iPods and mobiles out charging during the day.

The pools were clean and not overly busy and there were plenty of sunbeds available, with the usual handful pre-booked by the selfish - not all Germans by any stretch of the imagination. A word of warning though - the sand/gravel does get very hot if it isn't in the shade so some suitable footwear is needed.

There appears to have been some refurbishment going on - new décor, seating, decking and artwork.

Lots of nationalities here - this varies with the school holidays. If you are one of those English, anti-Johnny Foreigner lot, maybe you should holiday elsewhere.

TV in the room has only about a dozen or so channels; Sky news, CBS, and a couple of movie channels in English.

Some facilities are shared with the hotel attached, so if you particularly enjoyed the Elvis tribute one week, you can catch him next door the following week only a two minute stroll through the hotel.

Relaxing under a banana palm or a coconut one with a cold beer with not a care in the world.

Would I return? - A no-brainer - a resounding yes.
Would I recommend this hotel to others? - Without a doubt.

If you want an honest reply to any of the negatives in some reviews, drop an e-mail and we'll put you straight.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
14  Thank 1959Stewart
Reviewed 1 August 2014

My family and I visited the Tabaiba for a week recently. I did choose the hotel from the photographs and reviews on TA and was not disappointed. The hotel and grounds are beautiful, all areas are extremely clean and the rooms were larger than expected. True it is not a 5* hotel but it is a very good 4*. The food is fantastic, no complaints at all and I'm a vegetarian. The salad was always fresh and replaced regularly. The fish was lovely too and always a choice. Plus a chocolate fountain appeared a couple of nights so my 11 year old was delighted!
Loved the pools, we tended to base ourselves close to the baby pool as there was plenty of shade there which meant you could get out of the hot midday sun plus it was close to the bar!
I would have rated the hotel an excellent apart from one occurrence. My husband and daughter had visited Aqualand and my husband had grazed his elbow so unfortunately that night bled over the sheets. I fully expected his sheets to be replaced so was very surprised to find out that this was not the case. I didn't complain as we only had one remaining night and I do appreciate that sheets aren't changed every day, probably every couple of days but I did expect house-keeping to change that.
We did visit the gym located at the sister hotel and it was a very basic one in that some of the machines were quite rusty and didn't work very well. However I guess we were in the minority as there was never more than three people there with us!
Apart from those two observations, thoroughly recommend Tabaiba Princess. A fantastic break and the Cava we drank all week was delicious!!
Only other points to note, I picked up on TA that you needed to take towels for pool, we didn't as they were supplied but we we were all-inclusive so don't know if that's the difference. We took our towels to Aqualand so they were used but we didn't need for hotel pool. Also we didn't get charged for the water in the room (although we only drank one bottle). We also took pillows but I didn't find the beds hard and we slept very well. Air con was a little ineffectual but we weren't uncomfortable with it. The other comment is that I didn't like two of the evening entertainment events that used livestock in the shows particularly the magician who shoved the doves around and held the rabbit badly as he took it round the audience. It's 2014 not the dark ages, you don't need to use animals or birds in the shows!
Visit - you won't be disappointed!

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor over looking the gardens and to the side of the mini-golf. Was very quiet but the hotel wasn't at capacity.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank AmandamH
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

We came with my daughter and her partner, twin boys aged 4. Everything was perfect. My husband suffers from coeliac disease Carlos looked after him every night in the restaurant if there was not anything suitable he would ask chef to cook him something thank you all staff . Hotel was spotless, staff very helpful, food very good. I've always been happy to stay in princess hotels.

• Stayed: June 2014