We loved the location, as we love walking a little way to get to places. The all inclusive food is fab, and the drinks/cocktails available are amazing. Most of the bar staff were excellent and really made an effort to get to know us. They went out of their way to be helpful and lovely. The range of entertainment is great and we liked the fact that you could attend at either hotel so this extended the range available to us too.
The grounds are lovely and the place is kept spotless at all times. The staff take great pride in keeping the place clen and tidy.
Our favourite place was the piano bar here - it was so relaxed, even when packed. We would sit nd play cards or chat while having a drink and listening to the singers.
On the whole, the reps were good, although we did feel that the Maspolomas princes next door (who pay less due to being half board) seemed to be given far more attention than the rest of us. At times, if you cannot find them, this is undoubtedly where they would be.
The restaurant is great, and the range of food on offer is amazing. We loved it. I rarely even got to the range of puddings due to the extensive mains on offer!
The snack bar out the back of the hotel is wonderful! The men who work in there were so helpful and took great pride in their work. To improve, this could do with being made clearer as we only found it 3 days before we left.
The room really let it down. We were on our honeymoon, yet despite stressing this throughout booking and mentioning it more than once in reception, we were given twin beds, pushed together (But kept moving) and seperately made up. Nobody wants this on their honeymoon. I could not hug my new husband in the night as i would fall between the beds. He also found this extremely frustrating. In addition, we were left with only one towel at one point which made showering very difficult.
I have been told that this is a Spanish thing - but we were invited to see another hotel just down the road by some travel reps - and this had all double beds.
The use of glasses in the room meant that they were either washed up in your bathroom sink, or taken and not replaced. This meant that we had to take drinks from the bar to our room which seems a waste of money.
To really improve, especially as this was an all inclusive hotel, a kettle in our room would have been ideal for first thing in the morning.
The outside bar was lovely to have and meant that you did not have to stray far from the pool. However, while most of the staff were lovely and helpful, there were 1 or 2 members of bar staff who just ignored us and served all Spanish people first, at times making us wait while they had long conversations. I tried ordering in both English and Spanish, both with the same end, so it was not the language barrier.
Toilets around the pool - these are so so small! With only 2 toilets in the womens area, i almost always had to wait. As these were small they got messy quickly. To be fair, they were cleaned often - but this also meant that 4 times in 10 days i had to wait for the cleaners to finish. Its a shame as the ones near reception are huge.
WIFI - don't bother! I tried to buy mine online - the page flashed so quickly that i couldnt read the password quick enough - so lost 19euros on that. Reception basically said that it wasnt their problem. When we got the week's worth of WIFI from reception it was permanently cutting off or not working. We could only use it one person at a time and this was very poor.
WOULD I GO BACK THERE?
Yes, but i would only do 7 days rather than any longer. I would go back to the bars with the good staff and ensure that i was given a double bedroom. I would not pay for WIFI as it is a complete waste of money and i would take spare towels incase anything went wrong.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Maspalomas & Tabaiba Princess is perfect for families with children, golfer (there's a golf course right behind) and those who just want to relax by the pool. The two u-shaped buildings Maspalomas Princess and Tabaiba Princess share a huge pool landscape including an artificial beach, with pool bars and a relax-island. The Maspalomas & Tabaiba Princess is situated in Maspalomas, in the south of Gran Canaria. Within walking distance there is the golf course Maspalomas Golf (300 m) and Maspalomas beach (1,5 km) with its famous dunes. Gran Canaria Airport is located 35 kilometers from the hotel and the resorts Meloneras and Playa del Ingles 3 kilometers. The Maspalomas & Tabaiba Princess has two main restaurants with live-cooking, offering buffet style breakfast, lunch and dinner. The À-La-Carte-Restaurant "La Hacienda" in the pool area serves tapas and international cuisine. Gentlemen are required to wear long pants and shirts with a sleeve in the evening in the restaurant. A total of 9 bars complete the gastronomic offer of the Maspalomas & Tabaiba Princess. The huge pool landscape of the Maspalomas & Tabaiba Princess boasts 6 outdoor pools, including 2 kids pools and a pool with an artificial beach, wooden parasols and a sand volleyball court. Some of the pools feature sloping entrances. The animation team hosts activities such as aquagym, aerobics, archery, beach-volleyballs and darts. Furthermore there is the option to play table tennis, mini golf, tennis, billiard and giant chess within the hotel. For the smallest guests there is a mini-club, kids pools, mini-disco, a playground and a special miniature hotel, the so called play-hotel. There are 439 rooms and suites in the Maspalomas Princess and 434 in the Tabaiba Princess. As a standard all rooms feature air conditioning, minibar-fridge (€), satellite tv, balcony or terrace and bathrooms with bathtub-shower-combination, hairdryer and amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Tabaiba Princess reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tabaiba Princess Hotel Maspalomas
- Maspalomas Tabaiba Princess
- Tabaiba Princess Maspalomas, Gran Canaria