Most of the reviews on here are spot-on!
This hotel is great!
The hotel is in Maspalomas, a quiet resort, so if you like the hustle and bustle of restaurants/bars/shops/nightlife this isn't for you....you'd be better off in Playa del Ingles!
I am very fussy, and like everything to be perfect......well, you can't get much better than this!
However, on reading the few negative reviews, I realised that there's just no pleasing some people and I can't believe how fussy people can be.
On arrival in the early hours, we were greeted by lovely staff, who made sure we were in our roooms quickly and efficiently, without having to wait. Coffee and juice was awaiting us in the lobby, which was welcome after our flight.
The lobby really had the wow-factor!
We got to our room, it was lovely! However, a repair-man had left his step-ladders and tools etc in the room.
We went back to reception and were swiftly given another room within minutes, with profuse apologies.
Despite what someone has written, neither of the rooms we saw rooms were outdated at all! In fact they were modern and bright, very clean and comfortable!
Just what I would expect from a 4* - 5* hotel.
Our room overlooked the outdoor bar/entertainment area.....this was no problem, the entertainment didn't go on too late, and we had a perfect view of it all from our balcony if we decided not to go down, to join in the fun.
The entertainment was great.....something for everyone! The youngsters had a mini-disco with lots of fun activities earlier in the evening. My 4 year old daughter is very shy and doesn't join in things much.....I was surprised and pleased to find her joining in and making friends. The entertainment staff were fantastic with the children!
Later on there was family entertainment..... Parrot shows/singers/acrobats/magicians......the usual type of stuff.....and it was all pretty good! Enjoyable to watch!
The restaurant was fantastic!
Despite what some have said. I don't know what some people expect from this type of hotel....a'la carte? Well if that's what you expect, pay to go to a luxury 5* +++ platinum hotel!
You are greeted by a friendly waiter who takes you to your table.
I'm fussy about food, and so is my daughter, but there was so much variety to choose from. The food was hot, cooked well and really, really yummy!
They seemed to cater for every type of diet and nationality. You were spoiled for choice.
The hot-table would have a variety of different dishes.....beef, pork chicken etc, and the chefs are there serving up the dishes fresh out of the kitchen....they aren't left on the hot-plate to dry out. New dishes are brought out regularly and the chefs were slicing the meat at the hot-plate.
There was a huge array of cold food and salads to choose from too!
Breakfast was great too.....I opted for the full english breakfast type of thing. Bacon, eggs, sausages, toast, beans, tomatoes etc.....home from home....fantastic!
There are a lot of continental style foods aswell.
We loved the restaurant and I am amazed at some of the comments on here!
The outdoor restaurants by the pool were great to.....we had some superb lunches there!
The pool was great!
Really beautiful.... a network of 'islands' with restaurants/bars/spa's on them....reached by little bridges. Some had 'beaches', the 'sand' was gritty.....but it was nice to just laze on the loungers on the 'beach' while my daughter paddled in front of us.
There was a waterfall cut into the wall by the restaurant, and it was lovely to look out onto this whilst eating out dinner in the evening.
I've been to Maspalomas before, so knew what to expect.
The hotel is in a quiet area, there's not so much going on around....a few restaurants etc. If you want to be more centrally located for night-life, shops, restaurants etc, I would recommend staying in Playa del Ingles instead.
Maspalomas beach is not far away from the hotel, a bit far to walk with a 4 year old, just a 5 min drive away in a taxi, which are stationed at the hotel and are cheap enough.
Walking the dunes is a must.
Maspalomas has some lovely little shops/bars and restaurants overlooking the sea, but it's not a big place and quite quiet.....just what we like!
Also have a walk from Maspalomas along the sea-front to Meloneras....with it's boutiques and array of restaurants overlooking the sea. This is where all the really posh hotels are.....it's lovely....you won't be disappointed.
There is an amusement park nearby and a big shopping centre.
Trips to go on:
Sioux City is a must!
The Yellow Sumbmarine!
Can't wait to go back there!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Maspalomas & Tabaiba Princess is perfect for families with children, golfer (there's a golf course right behind) and those who just want to relax by the pool. The two u-shaped buildings Maspalomas Princess and Tabaiba Princess share a huge pool landscape including an artificial beach, with pool bars and a relax-island. The Maspalomas & Tabaiba Princess is situated in Maspalomas, in the south of Gran Canaria. Within walking distance there is the golf course Maspalomas Golf (300 m) and Maspalomas beach (1,5 km) with its famous dunes. Gran Canaria Airport is located 35 kilometers from the hotel and the resorts Meloneras and Playa del Ingles 3 kilometers. The Maspalomas & Tabaiba Princess has two main restaurants with live-cooking, offering buffet style breakfast, lunch and dinner. The À-La-Carte-Restaurant "La Hacienda" in the pool area serves tapas and international cuisine. Gentlemen are required to wear long pants and shirts with a sleeve in the evening in the restaurant. A total of 9 bars complete the gastronomic offer of the Maspalomas & Tabaiba Princess. The huge pool landscape of the Maspalomas & Tabaiba Princess boasts 6 outdoor pools, including 2 kids pools and a pool with an artificial beach, wooden parasols and a sand volleyball court. Some of the pools feature sloping entrances. The animation team hosts activities such as aquagym, aerobics, archery, beach-volleyballs and darts. Furthermore there is the option to play table tennis, mini golf, tennis, billiard and giant chess within the hotel. For the smallest guests there is a mini-club, kids pools, mini-disco, a playground and a special miniature hotel, the so called play-hotel. There are 439 rooms and suites in the Maspalomas Princess and 434 in the Tabaiba Princess. As a standard all rooms feature air conditioning, minibar-fridge (€), satellite tv, balcony or terrace and bathrooms with bathtub-shower-combination, hairdryer and amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Expedia, Traveltool, S.L.U., LoveHolidays, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Hotelopia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Tabaiba Princess reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tabaiba Princess Hotel Maspalomas
- Maspalomas Tabaiba Princess
- Tabaiba Princess Maspalomas, Gran Canaria