Fachada y aparcamiento Piscina
Vistas
Cuarto de baño
Jardín
Fachada
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Joolz P
Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain
“Los Lagos no 5”
Reviewed 21 August 2014 for a stay in August 2014
people found this review helpful

I stayed at this villa with my son, parents, and nieces just this week. The villa did not live up to my expectations at all. It says it is child friendly - it isn't we had to constantly watch the one year old - glass tables in the kitchen, no pool cover, steps down to the gate and main road, marble stairs leading upstairs a complete nightmare. Also cactus plants which she went directly for, we had to cover it with blankets.

It says it has air conditioning which it does upstairs, downstairs has nothing not even a fan and if you go in august when it is really hot it's very uncomfortable.

A bedroom on the lower level isn't very nice either smells of damp and is infested with dead cockroaches some that haven't been cleaned up in months because they were very dry and crispy. We washed our clothes and went to peg them out and I put my hand in the peg bucket and came out with three very dead but still very horrible cockroaches.

There are no rubbish bins within walking distance being a large family we had lots of rubbish, this we had to put in the car and drive to the rubbish bin near the entrance of the golf resort. Not ideal at all and at the end of our stay we had to leave a fair bit of rubbish ( which we apologise for to the cleaner).

On arrival the villa wasn't ready so we went off and then came back to find the cleaner just leaving. On entrance someone called kristoff turned up to ask if everything was ok and for the remainder of the money outstanding. On receipt of the money he didn't really seem interested in showing us round and left.

An hour later on inspection we found:

A leak from underneath the units which my mother slipped on and nearly fell and hurt herself - this had dried up,by the next morning but clearly shows the cleaner wasn't very responsible

A not very clean villa
Only enough towels for 4 people and we were 6
Kitchen was dirty, the handles very greasy and sticky
Fridge had ice on the back of it and therefore didn't cool down very well and was constantly dripping water.
There was no kettle, no corkscrew and no tongs, they have a dishwasher but offer no washing tablets - we had to buy our own.
Glass table although it had rubber corner guards for young children is not ideal and far to big for the kitchen.
Absolutely boiling in the kitchen no fans or air conditioning to cool it down. Cooking was a very uncomfortable task.

The main bedroom air con units control didn't work I had to buy batteries for it and it still didn't work - I spent the first night freezing because I couldn't turn the air con off.
The bathroom had a constant vibrating which was annoying and unnerving at night time if you woke for the bathroom..

My son found a pack of condoms and an Alex ferguson autobiography in the bedside table which said to me the cleaner hadn't bothered to check any of the drawers to see if the previous guests had left anything.

My niece who was staying downstairs also found a pair of dirty socks in the drawers of the wardrobe.

The living room had a television, satellite and a DVD player of which the latter two were not plugged in even though kristoff told us everything was working properly - we had to wait until the Monday 3 days later for someone to come and install it properly. Even then there were no english channels only German.

They had an extension plugged into the wall and passed along the sofa which was broken and totally unsafe in my opinion.

They supply a mobile phone which I charged and turned on to find it was blocked.

So I sent a message to the owner saying I wasn't very happy and that some things needed to be sorted and he replied that we would send one of his staff round.. Kristoff turned up, I showed him the cockroaches, the phone, the television, and complained about the lack of air con, I showed him the remote control, lack of kettle, the corkscrew I went and got from the supermarket and also the batteries. He didn't really offer any apologies but I will say that we got a kettle with 15 minutes of him leaving, no apology for the cleanliness, purchase of corkscrew ( which I left there) or batteries and we were still waiting for him to unblock the phone up until the day we left

We had to go out to the supermarket so I sent kristoff a message saying that i wanted a fan in there and his reply was why didn't I call the owner, to which I replied that I didn't see why I should waste my time or money on doing this when I shouldn't have to. On return there was a fan in the living room but this still left the dungeons without one. We received another fan on the monday afternoon.

I could go on and on and on, but I am tiring of writing and would just say that overall maintenance on the house clearly isn't carried out very often, the cleaning is very sub standard, downstairs bedroom is not ideal and the lack of air conditioning is awful. My advice would be GET SOME AIR CON DOWNSTAIRS.

I won't return to this villa and would look for something a bit nearer to town. The price they charge for this is outrageous for what you receive.

Travellers are raving about these Maspalomas hotels

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
from
US$242
/ Night
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing