“Avoid at all costs”

Ranked #193 of 220 Hotels in Maspalomas
cumbria
“Avoid at all costs”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

Just got back from the Colorado golf bungalows after arriving at the bungalows at 22.00 the place was in total darkness so had no where to stay. A man turned up the following morning and said we were not on the list to stay there so beware of this. After showing him the accommodation voucher 3 times and getting rather agitated he decided to give us a room. There are no facilities for drinks or food in the complex so if you have booked all inclusive you will not get it here. Reception closes at 2 everyday so if you need anything make sure it's before that cause once they go there are no other members of staff about until the following day. So be warned and don't stay here

Room Tip: Don't book these bungalows
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank adminbabe

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 17 nights, rates were good, most of the staff friendly, you could upgrade to all inclusive for €22 per night per person, wifi €20 for 7 days, only €3.50 to the Yumbo, 20min walk to the beach, but a good ice cream shop just at the right place on the way. Big clean pool. But if it's late at night when you check in you will need a phone, you have to ring to be let in as the gates are locked and no reception after 9pm. Also just asked for a late check out and they charge €20, only paid €21 for a whole night so for a few hours that's expensive. But you could use the hire of the remote for your tv for that! But will still come back again :-)

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Steve p
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

I stayed 4 nights at the Colorado Golf bungalows with a friend. The bungalows are nice and bright, we were all inclusive so didn't try to use the kitchen but it looked ok. The shower didn't have hot water for more than 3 or 4 minutes a day but we didn't bother complaining as the weather was so hot. The buffet food is very limited. I was expecting limited because I have done budget all inclusive before but this was a very small choice, especially as we are vegetarians. We did have to eat out a couple of times to get variety. However saying that it was so cheap that just the breakfast and drinks was worth paying the all inclusive for. The place was extremely quiet (May) and I think it actually wouldn't have been possible to put out more variety of food without a lot of waste. The staff are friendly and helpful - they are Scottish and Irish which was slightly disappointing as I wanted to practise speaking Spanish! The pool was clean and there were plenty of sun beds, especially as it was so quiet. We didn't get our towels changed the whole time, but I guess we should have asked about it.

The place is situated about 40 mins walk from Maspalomas itself although there is a supermarket nearby at the Faro 2 shopping centre. You can also get the bus just outside the hotel gates to Maspalomas one way or Playa del Ingles the other way. You can also get the bus to Aqualand water park and Palmitos Park from just outside the hotel too.

I recommend this if you are on a small budget and don't expect too much for your pennies!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Barbara S
Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

we are just back from staying here for 10 days. Nice little bungalows, very quiet and relaxing. across the road from holidayworld (a few restaurants, bowling alley, small fairground and sports bar) and a short walk to maspalomas beach. there is also a bus stop just outside. a short walk to the faro 2 centre (supermarket, cafes - a lot of vacated properties but good for essentials like water, bread etc) we found the beds to be quite uncomfortable, perhaps bring your own pillow if possible as the one provided was like sleeping on just the mattress. kitchen very basic, small freezer and fridge, toaster and a hob. no kettle. We had quite a great deal of ants too and cats hang around the grounds, which we didn't mind but be wary if you have a phobia or allergies. they offer a range of aids for elderly or disabled visitors such as renting wheelchairs, shower seats etc however the entrance in has a flight of stairs and from what we could see, no alternative access. there is an option to upgrade to all inclusive for 22euro p.p for one day, but I wouldn't recommend. not a great variety and if youre vegetarian, forget it unless you want wilted salad, bread and chips for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The coffee to me was undrinkable and the fruit juice from the machine was extremely watered down. the alcoholic beverages werent great either, I didnt expect much as I knew all inclusive usually offers local beers and spirits, but I ended up not drinking much because I found the alcohol to taste so bad. the staff seem friendly and helpful, the maid came several times during our stay to make the beds (beds werent changed for our whole stay - but that was ok to us as long as they were made as the sheets slipped off easily) im sure you can request a bed change, extra pillows and towels etc. overall, id recommend this to anyone who wants a relaxing stay, who doesnt expect 5star quality and who is staying self catering. I would return but would bring my own pillow next time! also please allow me to recommend a visit to the red cow restaurant and shenanigans fun pub (downstairs from the red cow) these are located in the prisma centre in playa del ingles near to the yumbo centre a taxi costs around 4 euro. great food and fun night out in Shenanigans (games, quizzes etc) and friendly staff :)

• Stayed March 2014
3 Thank Kristene288
Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

Given how negative some of the reviews on this site are, I was expecting something from Holidays From Hell, but was pleasantly surprised. Is this five star accommodation, no, but what do you expect for the price? We have three people staying in one of the extremely bright pink bungalows. The sofa bed was actually very comfortable and I had no trouble sleeping on it. It's a decent location and easy to get to the dunes and Playa Del Ingles (a half an hour walk).

My only grumbles were that the "kitchen" only included a hob (which meant finding something to cook was difficult beyond pasta and rice) and the hot water ran out rather quickly.

Overall, we had a nice stay and would recommend if you're on a budget.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank tippytoes91
troon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

Spent 12 night here and got to say it was a challenge, we got informed by our tour operator that it was disabled friendly as two of my group had poor mobility and difficulty in using stairs , well on arrival 22 stairs down to the main reception area which had a strong smell of excrement . Then on entering reception was told my keys were in the bar, ok met the only nice member of staff the staff the bar maid. Our accommodation was up another 12 steps and then a ramp, I approached the reception staff the next day as the reception was closed that evening.My comments fell on deff ears and I was told no other accommodation was available as they had lots of long term staying guests.
We had gone out as independent travellers but complaint to our booking agent, I'm still waiting on a reply. As our trip continued we had problems such as holy sheets , towels were only changed once and the cleaner, went away with laundry and returned several hours later with the same towels still damp ,so we dried them on the sun beds , we had booked self catering, ended up returning from holiday with a new pan and frying pan, let you see the pictures below , so all I would say is if you want so basic it ridicules ,with little to no help from 95% of staff and a continuing rotation of issues here's the place for you. Enjoy.

Room Tip: No comment
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank stuarthendry22

Travellers are raving about these Maspalomas hotels

Oldham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

Stayed here with my daughter,.nice quite brake .Bus stop outside so no problem getting around.
Staff very friendly.
Now the cons. we went all inclusive. Food a bit tasteless, they do serve the left overs from dinner for lunch the next day.If you want a dessert I would take a walk to the shopping centre at the back of the bungalows and buy your own. Two thinks that really did annoy me however .we went all inclusive .Went in the bar one night another guest on all inclusive saw the bar maid serve a beer in a frozen glass, he asked if he could have his beer in one, only to be told its not for people on all inclusive only for people on self catering who would have to pay for it. The 2nd was the same sort of thing but this time with the coffee, they had coffee machine behind the bar I asked for a coffee only to be told I had to get it out of the vending machine, as that coffee was for the people on self catering who had to pay for it. I already paid before I went out there for all my food and drinks, so why did we get treated that way.

Room Tip: when booking ask if you can have a bungalow over looking pool.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family