“Amazing food, but grumpy staff”
Review of Cafe Biblioteca - CLOSED

Cafe Biblioteca
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
tenerife
“Amazing food, but grumpy staff”
Reviewed 3 January 2014

We were recommended this restaurant by some friends and thought we would give it a try
We were very impressed by the whole decor and it had been very tastefully done. The menu was limited and all meals were served with rice only but we picked what we wanted . However the evening was marred somewhat by the staff particularly the older gentleman who gave us the impression we were spoiling his night by turning up, and hardly spoke to us, his partner wasnt much better until my partner spoke to her in German!!
The food was the best we had tasted in a long time and presented well. We certainly will return and hopefully catch them in a happier mood

• Visited January 2014

• Hungarian first
Dublin, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Irish Girls Oct.'13”
Reviewed 11 October 2013

What can I say, when we arrived at the restaurant we were the only customers and as you can imagine were a bit apprehensive, aslo we weren't exactly dressed for the occasion as we had just returned from a trip up thr mountains.

The owner reassured us that it wasn't a problem and made us feel very welcome.

We ordered drinks and a combination of starters ( salads ) which were gorgeous and some fresh Iranian bread. Then the owener explained the main courses in perfect english and gave some great recommendations.
There was great banter between the owner ourselves and the chef.

I can't remember what it cost for the five of us but I know it didn't break the bank.

I would highly recomment this restaurant and will certainly be returning on my next visit. By the way, we went twice in the one week, that speaks for itself.

Thank you Husain for looking after us so well.

• Visited October 2013
“Do not have cocktails here!!”
Reviewed 12 September 2013 via mobile

We visited tonight for drinks and desert. Big mistake. Asked for a margarita and what we got was undrinkable. Bad sign was the barman having to look up the ingredients from a book despite which he still managed to get it totally wrong. See pic.

And that wasn't all. The second mistake was to ask for the cheesecake. We wandered why it was taking so long to arrive. Then discovered they were trying to defrost it in the kitchen as it come out mostly frozen! He said it was homemade but clearly not fresh. Who wants to eat frozen cheesecake?

We paid up. It was our last night in Tenerife and left. Wasn't up for confrontation. If you do visit, be warned.

Visited September 2013
Los Cristianos, Spain
“What a delight!”
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Thank you Tripadvisor contributors, I would never have found this place without you, and I had a really lovely time. Started with a sesame salad with feta accompanied by warm Iranian bread, and I can't easily remember having a fresher-tasting salad (very fresh herbs. As one index of how fresh, I asked after my meal was over if I could have a spoonful of the other dressing they use for their salads, called Kefir, so that I would know if I wanted to try it the next time I ate there. They regretfully informed me that I couldn't, because they only make up the dressing at the time a salad is ordered ). My main course was pork with a Roquefort sauce (very good), followed by baklava for desert (again, very good).

All the food was good, fresh-tasting and light-but-filling. And the atmosphere in the restaurant was thoroughly relaxing--the owners were very friendly, the music (played softly) relaxing, and I had a sunlit seat by a window with views out towards the sea. By the time I finished I was actually reluctant to leave, it was just so relaxing and peaceful.

As others have noted, the prices are very reasonable: My three-course meal was only 30€. It may be a failure of imagination on my part, but I can't imagine anyone, whatever their tastes, who wouldn't enjoy a meal here.

The restaurant is not easy to spot from the road, but it is actually very accessible--if you take the road up from Los Cristianos to La Camella (only a few minutes by car and I believe there is a bus), it is the very first building on your right as you enter the village. And there is a bakery/cafe across the street with wonderfully-fresh looking pastries!

Note: They also have a delivery service, and the prices for each dish are significantly lower than in the restaurant. So if you can't easily travel there, this would be an easy way to try their food.

• Visited September 2013
“10 out of 10”
Reviewed 22 June 2013 via mobile

My husband and I have eaten many times here and have taken friends and family. It is well worth the 10/15 minutes to get there and a warm welcome is always waiting. The place is contemporary, spacious and very clean (you can see into the kitchen as they prepare the food). everyone that we have taken has wanted to go back again. The food is extremely well presented and the flavours are bursting out. I am vegetarian and the owner/chef is always helpful in recommending something for me and I have never been disappointed. We come to Tenerife 4 times a year and this restaurant is our favourite. I cannot recommend this enough.

Visited June 2013