“Great location had a fab holiday” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Parque Santiago

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Arona
Parque Santiago
Ranked #9 of 31 Hotels in Arona
Swansea, United Kingdom
“Great location had a fab holiday”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed here to get some winter sunshine for a week and we were not let down didn't have massive expectations as it was a budget break but have to say that the apartment was clean and tidy if not a little dated the location was fantastic and the pool area immaculate with plenty of sunbeds available only drawbacks were no air con but we knew this ahead of booking would def stay here again great walks either way towards Los Cristianos and playa de las Americas with plenty of bars and restaurants along the way.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Christine D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
  • Polish first
Selkirk, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014

My wife & I had a week at Parque Santiago at the end of January in III & IV but we were put in V across the road over the supermarket. At first we were not pleased as we were on a main road overlooking the mini golf. However the apartment was very good. We had no 1 which has 2 floors both with bedroom & bathroom with wrap around balconies on both floors. It must have been an upgrade. Some people might think the furniture is old & shabby but it's actually the distressed look and very 'now'. Flat screen telly, no electric kettle but the one that heats up on the cooker. It was surprisingingly quiet considering we were on the main road. A bit of a pain walking over the road to get to the pool area but got used to it. After looking at the other well known hotels in the area some being expensive the Parque Santiago comes out on top for us. The pool area in III is massive with hundreds of sunbeds. One pool is freezing but you can swim over to the heated pool which is great.You can also sunbathe in IV if you want which is approx 200 yards away. What could have turned out to be an unpleasent stay ended up being really good. Will go back next time
were in Tenerife without a doubt. The Safari Centre is very good with some fantastic places to eat. Also try 'Harry's Bar' which is good for cocktails, not cheap but good.

Room Tip: Be aware that you can be offered Parque Santiago V if they are busy which is over the road. Being in...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank vinnyjgreen
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

Stayed in a private apartment in parque Santiago 3 and couldn't fault it. The location is ideal, if you go out the back way your on the beach, the front and there's a ton of shops including the safari centre.

Would definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank cazzalfc
Luton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014 via mobile

Amazing apartments would highly reccomend too anybody that liked nice surroundings and food as the restauraunt across the road are second to none beach only a short walk beautiful area beautiful swimming pools and kids splash zone x

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Mizzitwins16
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

We spent two weeks in this hotel in December 2011, August 2010 and August 2012, with my husband and my daughter who at the time was 11, 10 and 12. My daughter always makes friends on holidays so was quite reluctant to visiting Parque Santiago when she realised there wasnt a kids club. But she was very shocked when visiting the hotel, because even in December which obviously isnt a busy season, there was lots for kids to do especially the aqua park. We had booked a studio room which 'sleeps 2/3' but were then given a 2 floored very spacious apartment. There is a supermarket right oppisite the hotel and it only takes a short walk to get to the beach and the town, where there are lots of bars and restaraunts. Along the beach there are things such as trampolines for kids, and youll even find a burger king which was good for my daughter on one night with her being a very fussy eater. One thing i hate about holidays is having to get up very early to secure sunbeds, but here we didnt have to do so as the hotel allocation is very proportionate to the amount of sunbeds, unlike most places we have been to. There is a shopping centre actually in the hotel and a poolside bar. The staff are very friendly and rooms are always clean. I can see people are saying the 'pool is cold' well yes it is, but this is just what you need with the temperatures here. Before our first visit here we were quite concerned about it due to all of the bad reviews, but honestly, ignore them and find out for yourself, because it will surprise you. Fantastic hotel and cant wait to go back in August 2014.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank Bernadette A
Somerset
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

We spent a week here just before christmas 2013, (me, my husband and 7 year old daughter) first impression was the size of the complex it's huge! We were allocated in number 3, we booked a 1 bedroom apartment and we were pleasantly surprised at how nice it was. It was on 2 floors and plenty big enough for us. I emailed the hotel before we went and asked for a quiet room and it was just what we wanted. When we arrived there was wine and fruit in the room for us which was a nice touch.
The room was cleaned and clean towels left everyday. There was a kettle, toaster, lots of pots, crockery, an oven and hob, you could cook proper meals in the room if wanted!
We didn't find it too hot for sleeping but there was a ceiling fan above the bed if you need it.
The pools are stunning, the pools in number 3 were cold but in the high season I should think they would be lovely, the childrens area with the 6 slides was fantastic - our daughter loved it and went in everyday.
You are allowed access to number 4 so we went over there to the pool everyday as one is heated and was lovely!
I would recommend staying here, it's perfect for families, we will definitely be going back sometime.
The area surrounding the complex is great for strolling round in the evening with lots of shops and restaurants

The only downside was parking, which I would imagine would be even worse in the summer months!

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank hellsholidays
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

Worst holiday experience I've ever had. I agree with a previous post in that backpacking was more pleasant. Would never go here again and would never book with Tina and her company even if you paid me.

Arrived with my partner, sister and brother in law on the 10th November and stayed in room 244. When we first arrived there was a note on the microwave to say not to move the towels because the boiler above it was leaking. Went into our bedrooms, both en-suite and the smell from them coming into the bedroom was disgusting, I had to go and buy bleach and clean it myself. The room was filthy, I had black feet within half an hour of being there and had to clean the floor myself too. I am uploading pictures of the dirt I collected.

Tina was due to collect the money the next morning a 9am, her daughter turned up instead at 8am but we were already awake due to the maintenance work going on right outside our bedroom that she had failed to mention on alllllll of her e-mails. She was quick to take the money though. When we asked her daughter how long it would be going on for she laughed and said I don't know.

The maintenance work was so bad we had to buy earplugs. I was on the verge of tears every morning as we moved into the lounge area just to get a bit of distance. I will upload piks of how bad it was. We rang Tina and explained we were unhappy with the room to which she replied she was in the north and all her rooms were booked up but she could see what she could do. We never heard from her again and she ignored our calls. I have never seen anything like it in a holiday resort. She claims she didn't know but we took photos of the notice that was put weeks before we arrived. And her daughter picked up the money so she would have seen and HEARD it, probably from the north it was that loud. She has not offered any sort of compensation for us or even a small bit of compassion.

As she was dodging our calls we txt Tina to ask for new towels as after 4 days no one had been to change them, we had to buy new ones in the end as it was horrible using them after being in the saltwater pool.

The pool was freezing and half of it shut due to maintenance, you have to pay to use the sunbeds and it's extra if you want an umbrella. And even when we went to pay for sunbeds the staff member was nowhere to be seen, he left is waiting for 10 minutes grunted at us and pointed.

We looked forward to the holiday for so long and spent ages saving for it all to be shattered. Do not go near this place. The pool is freezing, the room is disgusting, the bar is small, the staff in the whole complex are ignorant. I would not go back if you paid me.

Room Tip: Don't stay here. If there was minus points it would have them!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
13 Thank 01amk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arona
Cleopatra Palace Hotel
TRYP Tenerife
TRYP Tenerife
#7 of 14 in Los Cristianos
3.5 of 5 bubbles 2,995 reviews

Been to Parque Santiago? Share your experiences!