“Worst campsite ever!!”
Review of Malta Campsite

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mellieha
Malta Campsite
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

booked 2 nights at this campsite for 6 persons, when I contacted the manager he promised me a nice caravan for 6 persons. The pictures where okay so I made the reservation. On arrival the manager told me that the caravan we agreed on was already taken so we had to move to a 4 person caravan what was absolutely disgusting and old. If you would ask me I'd say that the caravan was not in use anymore. Because we made the deposit already and could not get it back we decided to stay. We had to pay 5 euros each for bed sheets and an additional 10 euros for glasses etc. after that I got real angry and we got 2 matrases for free.. The manager is a crook and he treats you like your unwelcome! Toilets are dirty and everything is old, there is not any shadow and the location is terrible. Ladies and gentleman DO NOT GO THERE. Enjoy Malta in a nice apartment or hotel because it is a great island for a relaxing holiday. After the 2 terrible nights we booked a nice penthouse what made the holiday end good.

• Stayed: July 2014
12  Thank Thom V

Reviewed 1 March 2013

My friends and I were walking by the caravan site the other day - OMG it is a building site - diggers rubble and mess everywhere - looks like a long job to rectify the constructions!! Not looking a good place for a relaxing holiday !!!!! Mobile caravans littered around the site !!! No tents!! A little or no consideration for residents on the site who pay for ground to use their caravans and mobile homes. The next project is under planning application - so a word or advice - - give it a miss for some time to come !!!!!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
11  Thank mobilehomes
Reviewed 12 September 2012

A friend and I found the website for Vince's campsite and were so excited. We booked flights and a caravan and could not wait. I am glad we did this without looking at TripAdvisor! If we had seen the reviews I suspect we would never have gone ahead with the holiday. You can imagine we were more than a little nervous and wondered what we were letting ourselves in for! However, it was a great week, the campsite was brilliant and it was very affordable.

This campsite and the surrounding area will offer you a true taste of Malta! If you are looking for a tidy holiday with little character and if you don’t want exposure to Maltese people then don’t book in. If you want to go a place where everything will be just so don’t book in! But if you want to experience a beautifully remote and quiet location with an interesting back-story (which Vince will share if you ask!) and if you want to have a window onto local culture then book a caravan and you will love it! Vince who owns the campsite and does everything single-handedly just wants the place to be like “one big family”. Yes sometimes you have to wait to go into the campsite shop and, yes if you don’t hire a car, you will have to get a lift to go to the supermarket and sometimes you may find the electricity wanes but all of this does not ruin your holiday. You can call or text Vince and he will help you with any problems. We found him very helpful and interesting. He drove us to the shops and we paid for that (he is running a business!) but he then drove us around the area telling us about it and then brought us a drink at a bar overlooking St Paul’s Bay. He is not a bad man and is certainly very helpful and wanting people to enjoy their time in the campsite.

A 10-minute bike ride/drive or a 20-minute walk, along a most beautiful stretch of coastline with little Boathouses/Summerhouses, will bring you to one of the top ten beaches in Malta. You can enjoy the people, food and hospitality of the Palm Beach Lido and the beautiful clean waters to swim in. You can also access buses that are air-conditioned and lead you to other bus routes that get you to any place on the island. The campsite is also ideally situated for day trips to the Blue Lagoon and Gozo. All you need is a hire car or to budget in the use of Vince and his car. He is running a business so of course he charges for these things.

This is not somewhere to drive on past or to keep away from. In my view it offers a place of character to enjoy the stunning beauty of Malta. As always it just depends what you are looking for!

Room Tip: Go for the caravans.
Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank T G
Reviewed 14 May 2012 via mobile

I was staying on the island in May 2012 and was considering staying at the campsite later in the year. I cycled up to the campsite to give it a check over. Am I glad I did. The place looked an awful mess. Gate was padlocked and sign said visitors were charged an entry fee. It looked as though no one was occupying it. There were loads of caravans on the site. It looked like a health hazard to me. Couldn't even see any tent pitch space. As others have stated here - this is most definitely not a place to camp. In fact to call it a campsite is an insult to all the great responsible campsites owners around the globe.

• Stayed: May 2012
19  Thank Phot_One
Reviewed 31 October 2011

we ve stayed one week and the man in charge is really stupid and have no sense of controlling a business ..... and btw hes the only staff there is in the camping site.. no pool boy... no cleaners... no nothing... and the important thing is that the man in charge is like a soldier on every customer by saying dont do that and dont doo that unbelievible. and no stable lights !!! all the camp site is controlled by a single phase current so the light is always dimming... the fan was hardly turning beacouse there was no current at all its a living nightmare

so sad to say this beacouse the place is really nice QAMMIEL IN MALTESE

Room Tip: try the hotels in ghadira bay much nicer and cleaner for a tourist is not that ideal couse its far f...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
33  Thank ALEX S
Reviewed 1 October 2011

Don't do it! just don't.
This is a tip, as in rubbish! full of ignorant local Maltese, who get better service and don't have to pay for it! Stuck out in a shanty town. With filthy services, ignorant, rude management and it STINKS!
For £600 we have booked a week at a hotel in Malta for me, my husband, our daughter AND granddaughter, albeit self catering, a damn site better than the £1200 camping 'experience'.

Room Tip: Pick a hotel!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
30  Thank cpd21659
Reviewed 19 July 2011

Hi there,

Wow I did some solo camping in my life but this campsite is baaaaad. First of all, the owner tries to charge you for every little thing you can imagine. The only way to get to the closest busstop is by a 45 minute walk OR by paying the owner (of course) to drop you of at the busstop.
You have to pay (of course) for a shower which turns out to be a cold one (literally).
I left after two nights and he tried to make me pay for the rest of the nights I was intending to stay. I got a bit angry at that point and raised my voice and told him to forget about that, but I can imagine that some people feel intimidated by him.
All together I can assure you that you'll be better off passing by this camping at top speed!!!

Cheers and have a nice holiday!!!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
42  Thank mrmechanic
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mellieha
Pergola Hotel & Spa
#3 of 33 in Saint Julian's
InterContinental Malta
InterContinental Malta
#12 of 33 in Saint Julian's

Been to Malta Campsite? Share your experiences!