Splendid Guest House
US$165
US$138
  • Pool
Pergola Hotel & Spa(Mellieha)(Great Value!)
US$171
US$159
US$341
Hotels.com
US$327
US$306
  • Pool
Luna Holiday Complex(Mellieha)(Great Value!)
US$133
  • Breakfast included
Panorama Hotel(Mellieha)
All reviewsensuite roombus stopguesthousemaltaislandsink
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Yes this is a very safe, clean and good choice in Melliha. Mellieha is a very busy little town with a lot of traffic, but it is absolutely a place to visit. You can walk down to the beach or over to the Popey village. It is also nice to take the ferry over to Gozo and Comino. If you want a cheap place to stay, nice and clean, then you choose Splendid Guesthouse!! Mellieha town has a lot of good resturants, and the view from the cafë behind the church is awsome. Rent a car, it is easy to drive around in this part of the island. Even bicycle is not a problem here. Bus goes right trough city all the time. I have visited Melliha regulary since 1988, it has not changet much, and I always miss when I am not there!

Room Tip: Ask for a good room, and you will get one!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Columbusandme
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I can definitely recommend staying in Splendid Guesthouse when going to Malta. Especially because of very friendly and helpful staff, homemade cakes for breakfast and nice view from the roof of the building :) Some rooms are without toilets- check before your booking and breakfasts are actually the same every day- but they give you this great cakes :) This is a great place if you want to make some trips around Malta :)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank asiurek
Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

The room and shower facilities may not be the best but rooms are clean and the warm welcome and the flexibility of services are outstanding.

Breakfast should only be served starting from 8:30am. However, as I need to go out for a diving course early in the morning, the owner, John, offers to serve me the breakfast earlier in the morning before I go! Really appreciate his help.

Also, John would give suggestion and recommendation on things you're not sure, such as places to eat and give honest opinions. The restaurant recommended is amazing and he even helped make the reservation for me.

There was one day that I really missed Chinese food and John even cooked for me and his cooking is much better than many Chinese restaurants in the area!

I had a lovely stay in the guesthouse. John did try his best to take care of his guests' needs and ensure his guests have a pleasant stay in his guesthouse.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Tracy S
Reviewed 7 November 2013

We recommend this b&b; the rooms were basic but comfy; the breakfast was a bit monotonous but tasty (fry up paid extra) and there was always a piece of home made cake that came with it; the staff was very helpful, friendly and informative if we needed anything; the location is good, close to restaurants, shops and sandy beaches (the last one by a local bus but you also can walk); we recommend Splendid for the ones who are not looking for a fancy hotel.

Room Tip: We shared the toilet on the floor, I'm not sure if all the rooms share it but it's worth checking
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank an_thai
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Excellent guesthouse for my needs,large room and decent clean normal sized bathroom, I say that because some of the bathroom showers in Malta are like telephone boxes and you can pay double compared to Splendid. British owners Julie and John were nice helpful and informative also nice little chats with Niomi at breakfast who always was attentive to your needs. Excellent price for the room in a good quiet non touristy area of Malta, close to the ferry for Gozo plus Mellieha beach with good bus routes to Valletta and anywhere in the North of the island. Splendid guesthouse was the only place I visited which had Wi-fi for FREE which disappointing elsewhere in Malta which should be free all over changing 2.5 Euros per hour which is bad for business in my opinion when I pay £17 per month back home. Also nice Spaniel, Henry!
Rooftop views of Mellieha Church and Comino and Gozo room with aircon and fan, room cleaned every day,good bed and slept well. I won't be leaving reviews for other places I stayed in Malta, they were never bad but they always let me down at the last minute or weren't very caring to my needs which meant I had to go out of my way, not all staff are Maltese and the hospitality from the Maltese people always surprised me.

Room Tip: I try to find a back room which cheaper and quieter if the hotel is on a road, paying for a balcony you may not use with not particularly great views, I use a hotel or guesthouse for sleeping and showering otherwise I can't wait to get out the door unless I was ill. Some people advise a first floor room with views over a swimming pool but it can be noisy and you loose your privacy to sunbathers.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo