See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

I had zero expectations when I arrived at the Splendid Guesthouse and from the moment I walked through the door things were... well splendid. The decoration, lovely notes and beautiful communal areas make you feel right at home and the staff went out of their way to do the same. The rooftop is great to relax at in the evenings and the shaded areas, lovingly decorated, saved me in the Malta heat for a couple of siesta's. And for me personally the music played during the day was excellent and greatly added to the atmosphere. It might not be everyone's cup of tea but if you like beautiful environments and kind-hearted and open people who will go the extra mile for you, I would recommend you check it out. A place of love and healing.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

We (my wife and I) have booked a room including two single beds for 4 days since it was the last room available and at a low price (35 € including breakfast). The first day, we should have arrived at 1.30 A.M. but we came later (at 2.15 A.M.). But fortunately, the host stayed later waiting for us although he was exhausted and falling asleep. He also took time to show us the facilities.
The breakfast is hearty and the welcome warm. Two spaces (hippie style) are available for the guests, they were very peaceful with warm colours and musics.
The hosts also helped and advised us.

Thanks you for your hospitality

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

It was a pleasure to meet the staff and make friends with them instantly. Lovely place, and rooms to stay. Peacefull rooftop and chill music in the house its so relaxing you cannot imagine. Would visit again, Malta is awesome, and want to meet the staff again. I can only advice u to stay here if you thinking on a visit. But try not to visit in the summertime :/ too damn hot... :D

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

This was my experience of Splendid Guesthouse:

Pros:
+ Open air rooftop terrasse with grill
+ Bus stop and beach not so far away
+ Community-like chill out rooms
+ Limited rooms, if you don't like large hotels

Cons:
- The bed adjacent windows were old (not sound-proof and didnt close properly) and although the street was not very busy, the night and early morning cars will sound like they are in the room with you.
- The walls were thin and therefore the house was generally very loud; the room doors didn't close easily so guests would have to slam them shut
- There's no real possibility to darken the room at night (the grey curtain is very light and the bed sits directly under the window, so the light comes out under the curtain)
- The hot water pressure in the shower was virtually non existent
- The mattress was uncomfortably broken-in
- Breakfast items like marmelade etc. were one-serve plastic sachets, i.e. not ecological
- There is only instant coffee with artificial additives available, and the water dispenser server hot and cold water, both tasting like plastic

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Annica H
Reviewed 2 May 2017 via mobile

Overall see my review on 'other' Hotel Splendid - they are one & the same but seem to have two addresses (friends who live there say this is common).

So to reiterate excellent friendly staff very helpful.

Good breakfasts & they were considering doing cooked breakfasts while we were there. I didn't miss a full English though as it's mainly a w/end thing & I usually have toast n cheese r honey (which was available). Plus plenty of local cafes where this was available at reasonable prices.

We had en-suite room which was exceptionally clean - not all rooms have a shower - just a sink for washing (shared bathrooms & shower rooms). These were very clean too & would happily have shared (I have health problem that meant we needed en-suite).

Lovely roof terrace with facilities to do a barbecue & take in the views. Area cleaned fully at least twice a day while we were there. Also shaded area very pretty at night.

Overall a centrally located hotel/B&B with easy access to bus services serving most of Island & as already stated owners very helpful & friendly.

Decor quirky - took me back to my hippy days (before I became a 'mod').

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple