“Thanks God there are other Margos”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Margos

Margos
Ranked #81 of 111 Restaurants in Mellieha
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, European
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Helsingborg, Sweden
“Thanks God there are other Margos”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2014

Before starting this review we have to admit that amongst other two or three places in Malta, Margos was the only place to eat REAL pizza with REAL ingredients. This is why we write more than usual. Now I will ask my family about the other Margos (we visited all of them) and write on their site, here let me just give feedback to the Mistra/Mellieha one. To be honest this place cannot keep up the standards of the other two outlets, if this idea of Margos is a franchise than the standards MUST be the same ALWAYS in ALL places (my wife and myself also working in this business so I know what I am talking). We came here (only me and my wife) on a Saturday, no reservation but apparently wasn`t needed, hardly any customers at 8pm. Well, we learned as well the English language just like the waitress did but obviously not at the same school, she did not seem to understand our requests about the extra ingredients because they were not on our pizza, thankfully neither on our bill. Also the, “well done” request only appeared to the rim of our pizzas because the center was rather soggy and a mash of meat, sauce and mozzarella; a soft, watery cardboard paper. We asked if this is normal (knowing the other places) she came back after disappearing and said: yes our pizza is authentic and it should be like that.
Also keep in mind that Mistra is rather on the countryside, no ATM machines, and the nature comes in the restaurant as well, I do not wish to elaborate on that I think everyone understands (hopefully the management as well)
So we paid, left (no gratuity) and promised to ourselves to choose the other Margos and also thinking if these places are under the same management, it cannot be so.

• Visited September 2013

“The worst pizza ever!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014

Friends recommended to try out the pizza at Margo's so we decided to visit the Mistra restaurant last Sunday. First of all I had to personally fetch the menu, 10 mins after we were seated we were not acknowledged by a member of staff. Management needs to ensure to hold adequate number of staff, only two attendants and 1 pizzaiolo were employed. Pizza took 40 mins to be served, other patrons who placed their order before were left to starve! Pizza was soaking wet in the middle, each time you try to lift a slice & hold it in your hands, it would fall apart. I tried the Affumicata and the special organic sausage, so profusely mentioned, no way...inedible! Two pizzas and two pints of soft drinks came round €30....wouldn't be surprised to learn the franchise closed shop in future!!!

• Visited January 2014
“A jewel in Valettas Crown”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

What a great little find, lovely rustic feeling with traditional maltese stone everywhere coupled with clean modern pictures. Service is great but the true winner here is in the eating, the pizza's are simply amazing, great thin crust crispy bases with just the right amount of quality toppings. Try the Affumicata pizza with the extra smoked pastrami, delicious with a slight little zip to it.

• Visited October 2013
Rabat, Malta
“Very very nice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

I adore anywhere that takes food seriously. I really appreciate Margos' attempt to create, not just another junk-food pizza place, but a restaurant that serves well-cooked, good quality ingredients in well-thought out dishes. I love the attention to detail and the organic, home-grown aspect to these dishes. I applaud Margo for making one of the best pizzas I have had on Malta. However, as points for improvement, the service was rather haphazard and the drinks were overpriced. Still, we will definitely be going back!

• Visited October 2013
Malta
“a relaxing place for a different pizza!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2013

good value for money, nice atmosphere and very calm. Delicious pizza! this was our second visit with family and sure not the last one!

• Visited September 2013