“Just pretty poor”

Ranked #67 of 112 Restaurants in Mellieha
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Visited for the second time in Mistra Bay as first time wasn't that good, there was a Ferrari event going on which clearly took precidence over any one else.
We were sat and then told only Pizzas were available, we were served bread and a dip and when asking what it was was told just try it.
The menu has to be the most complicated book on the planet and its extremely difficult to get to the actual ingredients of each of the pizza's.
Pizza was good but was spoilt by everything else.
Didn't take credit cards!

There are newer reviews for Margos

Reviewed 27 April 2014

It was my first time but sure not the last time at Margo's. We all had pizza, and I can say that this was one of the best pizzas I have ever tasted. The service was fast. It is a must for pizza lovers.

1  Thank Mario V
Reviewed 26 February 2014

We already loved Margos in Valletta, but were happy to find another branch out near St Paul's Bay which is by the sea. We love the wood fired pizza and Claude and his team are foodies. He smoked his own sausage and makes his own special jars of creme caramel so you can pop the lid on and take it home if it is all too much at the time. He does the same for chocolate pud. Pizzas are delicious and huge. If you are not very very hungry one can easily be split between two. Or take the other half home as we did in a doggie bag. We did have to shout out first to find someone late on a Saturday afternoon, but the pizza when ordered came very quickly. It is lovely both in Winter and summer, but summer probably more appealing. Claude is the boss so if you find anything not quite to your liking do ask for him as he is keen to please and look after his guests. Well worth a visit, and all food cooked fresh. You cannot ask for more. We will be back.

Reviewed 17 January 2014

Before starting this review we have to admit that amongst other two or three places in Malta, Margos was the only place to eat REAL pizza with REAL ingredients. This is why we write more than usual. Now I will ask my family about the other Margos (we visited all of them) and write on their site, here let me just give feedback to the Mistra/Mellieha one. To be honest this place cannot keep up the standards of the other two outlets, if this idea of Margos is a franchise than the standards MUST be the same ALWAYS in ALL places (my wife and myself also working in this business so I know what I am talking). We came here (only me and my wife) on a Saturday, no reservation but apparently wasn`t needed, hardly any customers at 8pm. Well, we learned as well the English language just like the waitress did but obviously not at the same school, she did not seem to understand our requests about the extra ingredients because they were not on our pizza, thankfully neither on our bill. Also the, “well done” request only appeared to the rim of our pizzas because the center was rather soggy and a mash of meat, sauce and mozzarella; a soft, watery cardboard paper. We asked if this is normal (knowing the other places) she came back after disappearing and said: yes our pizza is authentic and it should be like that.
Also keep in mind that Mistra is rather on the countryside, no ATM machines, and the nature comes in the restaurant as well, I do not wish to elaborate on that I think everyone understands (hopefully the management as well)
So we paid, left (no gratuity) and promised to ourselves to choose the other Margos and also thinking if these places are under the same management, it cannot be so.

Reviewed 9 January 2014

Friends recommended to try out the pizza at Margo's so we decided to visit the Mistra restaurant last Sunday. First of all I had to personally fetch the menu, 10 mins after we were seated we were not acknowledged by a member of staff. Management needs to ensure to hold adequate number of staff, only two attendants and 1 pizzaiolo were employed. Pizza took 40 mins to be served, other patrons who placed their order before were left to starve! Pizza was soaking wet in the middle, each time you try to lift a slice & hold it in your hands, it would fall apart. I tried the Affumicata and the special organic sausage, so profusely mentioned, no way...inedible! Two pizzas and two pints of soft drinks came round €30....wouldn't be surprised to learn the franchise closed shop in future!!!