“Really strange place - were we in a fly on the wall documentary”
Review of Mandarin Chinese Restaurant - CLOSED

Mandarin Chinese Restaurant
Cuisines: Chinese
Description: The road in Maltese is written as Sciberras and is on the road behind the main road that goes through the town, basically behind the Solana Hotel. The food was delicious and the staff very friendly and welcoming. You don't have a chinese restaurant listed for the town so it would be good to add one in as there are a few. thanks Jane
Reviewed 17 November 2012

Visited here on a Saturday night in November.
Upon entering we found that we were the only people in the restaurant.
Nevertheless the food was really good and reasonable value - but once it had been served we were totally ignored, the waitress, whom we assume was the owner, never came back to our table - no check on whether the food was satisfactory or attempt to see if we wanted dessert or coffee.
We went to pay and annoyingly were told the now common (in Chinese restaurants) "our credit card machine is broken, we can only accept cash"
Needless to say we didn't leave a tip and will not be back - these people need to learn some basic customer service skills......I understand its quiet in November, but that's all the more reason to make a bit of effort!

1  Thank ajmull

Reviewed 29 September 2012

I'm chinese and currently opening a restaurant but this resto is a real rip off
The food has no taste and expensive, They dont know what sake is,
Guess what the restaurant has no view,
The waitress had even asked if I wanted a BJ, asked your husband if you dont know what that means,

4  Thank Hans B
Reviewed 23 August 2012

Now, I've lived in China and had fabulous food so know a good Chinese restaurant when I experience one! Jerry runs a perfect restaurant, they went out and got veggies to order from their garden and cooked whichever dish we requested. The food was melt in the mouth gorgeous and my daughter wanted to eat here every night. Great food, great service, great rooftop views. Unmissable.

1  Thank Fangpilotty
Reviewed 31 July 2012

Went to this restaurant after checking the reviews and noticed the good reviews, however I was VERY disappointed.
I would like to ask whoever gave a good review and who said it is cheap, if they ever went to another restaurant in Malta?
My bill ammounted to around 50 euro for a basic chinese meal for 2.
The restaurant is shabby and has no atmosphere and the food is eatable.
I went to a much higher class restaurant in Mdina (a top place to visit in Malta) which was much cheaper and also had desert!
The staff were polite, but only have very limited english knowledge (ordered diet coke and got large coke)!
I can only give one advice, if the place is empty, there is a good reason...

2  Thank I_am_REM
Reviewed 27 July 2012

Rather an odd little place, but our food was really excellent. They advertise a rooftop area and views, which does not exist! We visited the more popular Master Wok where the food was not as nice.