“Sunday Funday”

Baia Beach Club
Ranked #28 of 113 Restaurants in Mellieha
Price range: US$20 - US$68
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I was recently in Malta for three weeks and our co worker recommended Baia Beach Club, so we decided to check it out. We booked a table for lunch which made it possible to reserve sun beds. It's very nicely done, they don't over crowd their sun areas like so many beach clubs do and the staff is very helpful in getting you anything you need without having to move. The view is awesome and the swimming area is perfect. Then it was time for lunch and I was blown away. First the restaurant is beautifully laid out and has a perfect Med vibe. The food was by far the best I had in Malta. The menu was perfect for the beach setting and all of us had a great time. After lunch it was too easy to move back to the sun beds and enjoy the rest of the afternoon. Around 6 the DJ came on and there was a bit of a beach party scene. A perfect end to a perfect Sunday. We all enjoyed it so much we went back the next sunday and had another great experience. If you're in Malta, definitely spend a day or two here, it's awesome.

Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Booked before we left the UK, it got busy so happy we got to experience baia beach! Had the luxe package, huge joint sunbed in the front row, fruit platter, cocktail, endless water, three course lunch and a bottle of wine! Sunbed was comfy, service was fab, best thing was lunch! Had a lovely corner on the balcony, felt spoilt! My only disappointment was the toilets, clean, but loo seats and locks broken, not what I would expect for charging €140 for a lovely venue. But the concept of the place was fab!

Reviewed 8 June 2014

We drove all away across the island, beautiful day and blue skies. We had the beach resort recommended to us so we were expecting good things, especially as the place is usually fully booked.
The location is amazing and the decor tip top. The staff were very friendly and we were seated quickly. We had to wait a while to get a drink order and after asking many times we got our food order. After half an hour we got our starters, after the starters we waited another 40 minutes for the main courses. Not really acceptable!!! We were sitting in for a relaxing lunch but the long wait is not what we accepted.
The food was nice enough but not worth the amount we paid, the spaghetti all vongolo was nice enough but a bit bland.
We were never checked back by the staff and we had to basically demand more drinks, again with a long wait.
The title of this review I believe is quite apt.

2  Thank Neil_McG71
Reviewed 26 May 2014

My partner and I had lunch at Baia beach club a couple of weeks ago. I had been looking forward to this because I had heard very good things about the restaurant and the ambiance, and was willing to overlook the higher than average prices and long drive to enjoy a nice meal at this place. The restaurant is in fact very beautifully decorated and is exactly at the water's edge with breath-taking views of Comino and Gozo. In this sense it is truly unique in Malta and it’s very clear that the owners put in a lot of thought in decorating this place up to the fine details.

We visited on a busy Saturday morning, and despite having so many guests, the service was still great, although it did take a while for them to take our order. Apart from that understandable delay, the food was served promptly and was quite good. I had the spaghetti alle vongole and my partner had the fritto misto and we can both recommend these dishes.

My only disappointment is the restaurants policy of allowing families with young children. A family with 5 very loud young children was sitting at the table next to ours and the parents did not really seem to care that their children were annoying the people sitting at the other tables. At one point the children even started playing hide and seek around the people sitting at the lido part of the premises! Personally I would expect a more relaxing environment at this kind of establishment, and would not visit again unless I would know that the restaurant has changed its policies.

1  Thank shiftupmt
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Stopped for lunch whilst on the adjacent beach. Really friendly service, great food, lovely setting. Child friendly.

1  Thank 555RA