“Must visit”

Ranked #42 of 112 Restaurants in Mellieha
Price range: US$19 - US$31
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Mediterranean and Maltese cuisine, restaurant located right on the sea edge, with an amazing view over Mellieha Bay, the most beautiful sunset ever you can see ! Built on the old Tunny Net restaurant, established in the early 50's of the past century! We are specialized in local and Mediterranean dishes and daily fresh fish and meat specialties.
Reviewed 3 April 2014

My husband and I have just had a fabulous evening at La Barca. Views to die for, fabulous food amazing Maltese wine and probably the nicest restaurant host we've ever met. The icing on the cake of a really great visit to Malta would highly recommend!

1  Thank LuvLee5715

Reviewed 7 November 2013

i went to la barca with my family for dinner. you can see a very nice view while having your dinner. the food is very delicious and the staff are very friendly.

2  Thank Luana C
Reviewed 29 October 2013

We booked, almost at the last minute, for a friend's birthday treat and had a great evening. There was quite a crowd of us, but we were all fed and watered at the same time (well, almost). I have to say that the octopus was the best I have ever had in Malta: soft, buttery and fresh. The duck, steak and pizzas also met with approval. The staff were most amenable and happily served the birthday cake that one of us had made, complete with sparklers etc.
During the evening there was a spectacular thunderstorm, the great view was lit at random intervals by a mixture of fork and sheet lightning; it certainly interrupted the varied conversations and made the occasion even more memorable.
Overall, a very good venue at a reasonable price.

1  Thank Geoff_and_Juls
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Went for a birthday meal here and everything was reasonable high quality and even higher standards! Best Seafood in Mellieha Bay this is for sure! Amazing view aswell but we reserved it and requested it so my advice for you! Thank you La Barca :-)

1  Thank clionagriffin
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I went with my family at la barca for dinner it was a surprise to my mum and we really enjoyed it the food was amazing.And the staff was really friendly to, we say its the best night ever and value for money :)

1  Thank roberta s