Myself and my nana have visited the Luna Holiday Complex 3 times now and we are hoping to return for my birthday in June! We decided to go self-catering as we dont really eat much and would often share. We had a lovely large 2 bedroom apartment on ground level looking out onto the sea with beautiful views. We had no faults with anything at all and the maid service and towel changes where regular.The room had everything we needed for our stay and we only used the fridge for bottles of water as we ate out every night either in the dining room or by the pool. We would also have snacks by the pool at lunch. The restaurant has full aircon and offers a wide range of food off the menu or a buffet, which is very nice and affordable. The Twilight pool bar (downstairs pool) offers a wide range of drinks and this is where the entertainment is held outside. The bar staff are extremely friendly and welcoming, there is simply to many names to list as they are all great. They certainly made our stay enjoyable and we will definately be returning to the Luna next year for my 20th Birthday! All staff are pleasant and helpful. There is beautiful views from the front bar on the main road (Don Tonino) of the sculptured landscape and a beautiful church sat at the top of the hill in Mellieha Village, which is lit up on a night. Mellieha is a quiet location compared to Valletta or Sliema and it is a very nice place to stay just to relax and chill out. You can get a bus from just 3 minutes walk up the road (walking towards the beach) to Valletta, Sliema, Buggiba or just up into the village etc. All sightseeing trips can be arranged with a lady at the information desk in reception. I would definately recommend days out visiting places such as Valletta and Mosta Dome. Comino on a boat trip is a definate must. Although this review asks for a score for fitness centre and spa its N/A. On behalf of me and my nana I would like to thank all staff for making our stay pleasant and enjoyable, you will definately be seeing us again!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luna Holiday Complex located in Mellieha Malta, is rated one of the best three star apart-hotels in Malta.DescriptionWhy Choose To Stay with us?The Luna Holiday Complex is situated in the heart of the north west of the Island in the town of Mellieha. Whilst this is a thriving tourist resort it still maintains it’s authentic Maltese charm by not being overly commercial. There are plenty of shops, bars and restaurants in the town to suit all tastes and budgets.Mellieha is well situated with direct bus services to the majority of the island including: the Airport, the Capital City of Valletta and the ferry terminals to Gozo and Comino.The Luna is located less than 300 metres from the best and longest beach in Malta, ‘Mellieha Bay’ and is only 15 minutes walk from the famous ‘Popeye Village’.At the Luna Holiday Complex we pride ourselves on giving a 4 star service at a 3 star price. We have a fantastic family of staff, speaking many different languages all ready and willing to give that little bit extra to ensure your holiday is one to remember.Within the Complex we have much to shout about. Once you’ve been welcomed by our staff on arrival the complex is yours to explore. We have a 24-hour reception with a great, informative team who can give you the best advice on tours and places to visit whilst in Malta. All tours can be booked directly through our reception staff. We also have free Wi-Fi and an Internet café in the reception area.We have two fantastic pools. The ground floor family pool is superbly located next to the main bar and the games room whilst our roof top pool has fabulous views of the Mellieha coastline, Red Tower and Mellieha church which is a must for relaxation and enjoying both the Maltese sunshine and sunset!There are three bars on site, with one open from 10am until 1am, which includes entertainment multiple nights a week from local artists. Our main restaurant is ‘Al Fresco’ (weather permitting) serving a great variety of food to suit all tastes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Lastminute, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Luna Holiday Complex reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Luna Holiday Complex Mellieha
- Luna Hotel Malta
- Luna Holiday Complex Hotel Mellieha
- Luna Holiday Complex Malta/Mellieha