Being part of a wedding party who were staying all over the area, my daughter and I had a twin self catering room at the Luna. The roof top pool was an oasis away from the norm of something of this rating. There were always sunbeds available and private and shady areas around.
The thing that sets this place apart is the quality of the staff. They were always friendly and whilst we didn't really have any concerns/complaints they were helpful and nothing was too much trouble for them.
The only think I would suggest in the SC would be a small bottle of washing up liquid. On a daily basis I saw the housekeeping staff removing slightly used bottles from then vacant apartments. Surely more logical to use these for the next person?
We didn't have a sea view, but we didn't really spend enough time in the room for that to matter.
The safety deposit box in our room was just big enough to keep passports and a phone, managed to squeeze the slr camera in, but without the lens!!
The aircon worked fine, the beds were a little harder than I'd like, but on my budget this time round, all in all, the Luna holiday complex gave a safe family friendly stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luna Holiday Complex located in Mellieha Malta, is rated one of the best three star apart-hotels in Malta.DescriptionWhy Choose To Stay with us?The Luna Holiday Complex is situated in the heart of the north west of the Island in the town of Mellieha. Whilst this is a thriving tourist resort it still maintains it’s authentic Maltese charm by not being overly commercial. There are plenty of shops, bars and restaurants in the town to suit all tastes and budgets.Mellieha is well situated with direct bus services to the majority of the island including: the Airport, the Capital City of Valletta and the ferry terminals to Gozo and Comino.The Luna is located less than 300 metres from the best and longest beach in Malta, ‘Mellieha Bay’ and is only 15 minutes walk from the famous ‘Popeye Village’.At the Luna Holiday Complex we pride ourselves on giving a 4 star service at a 3 star price. We have a fantastic family of staff, speaking many different languages all ready and willing to give that little bit extra to ensure your holiday is one to remember.Within the Complex we have much to shout about. Once you’ve been welcomed by our staff on arrival the complex is yours to explore. We have a 24-hour reception with a great, informative team who can give you the best advice on tours and places to visit whilst in Malta. All tours can be booked directly through our reception staff. We also have free Wi-Fi and an Internet café in the reception area.We have two fantastic pools. The ground floor family pool is superbly located next to the main bar and the games room whilst our roof top pool has fabulous views of the Mellieha coastline, Red Tower and Mellieha church which is a must for relaxation and enjoying both the Maltese sunshine and sunset!There are three bars on site, with one open from 10am until 1am, which includes entertainment multiple nights a week from local artists. Our main restaurant is ‘Al Fresco’ (weather permitting) serving a great variety of food to suit all tastes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Luna Holiday Complex reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Luna Holiday Complex Mellieha
- Luna Hotel Malta
- Luna Holiday Complex Hotel Mellieha
- Luna Holiday Complex Malta/Mellieha