Firstly there have been lots of comments regarding the tired, dated apartments in this complex and we would agree, however we understand that the accommodation is gradually being updated. To balance this, I would say the accommodation is very reasonably priced and in this respect I think some complainants are perhaps expecting a little too much for their money.
There are a few general comments we would make about the apartment. On the positive side, the apartment was very clean, including the shower and toilet, a tea towel was supplied, the towels were changed every other day and the toilet rolls replenished every other day too. On the negative side, the apartment was tired and dated and the bed and sofa were uncomfortable. Other general points I would make are that the safe is the smallest we’ve seen, with the dimensions of a regular envelope and about 5-6 inches high, so you cannot keep much in it. There were two patio chairs on our balcony but no table, and there was no light, so we could not read outside when it started to get dark. We cannot comment on air con as we didn’t use it or the cooking facilities as we only made toast and tea/coffee. The crockery and cutlery we did use was all clean and in good condition.
With regard to the rest of the complex, it was all spotlessly clean and well maintained. As you enter the complex there is a small bar to the left, where you can sit inside or outside. It has a TV and free wifi and food is available. To the right as you enter the complex is the lobby with lots of chairs and sofas and again free wifi. Down some steps is the reception area where there is the reception desk, a row of computers (the internet café) a book shelf (we only found one English book!), toilets, a luggage room and a vending machine. Further round is the restaurant, and another bar, which was closed when we were there in October. The complex also has a mini supermarket but it was rather poorly stocked but we understand the complex was winding down for the winter shutdown which probably explains why. There are two pools, the lower pool where children where playing and the rooftop pool which was all adults, there is also a rooftop bar. We didn’t use either pool but they looked very nice and clean. All the staff we had dealings with were very nice, chatty, polite and helpful. Wifi is available in the apartments via vouchers which are easy to use and available from reception. Here are restaurants within walking distance and despite the tired accommodation we would go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luna Holiday Complex located in Mellieha Malta, is rated one of the best three star apart-hotels in Malta.DescriptionWhy Choose To Stay with us?The Luna Holiday Complex is situated in the heart of the north west of the Island in the town of Mellieha. Whilst this is a thriving tourist resort it still maintains it’s authentic Maltese charm by not being overly commercial. There are plenty of shops, bars and restaurants in the town to suit all tastes and budgets.Mellieha is well situated with direct bus services to the majority of the island including: the Airport, the Capital City of Valletta and the ferry terminals to Gozo and Comino.The Luna is located less than 300 metres from the best and longest beach in Malta, ‘Mellieha Bay’ and is only 15 minutes walk from the famous ‘Popeye Village’.At the Luna Holiday Complex we pride ourselves on giving a 4 star service at a 3 star price. We have a fantastic family of staff, speaking many different languages all ready and willing to give that little bit extra to ensure your holiday is one to remember.Within the Complex we have much to shout about. Once you’ve been welcomed by our staff on arrival the complex is yours to explore. We have a 24-hour reception with a great, informative team who can give you the best advice on tours and places to visit whilst in Malta. All tours can be booked directly through our reception staff. We also have free Wi-Fi and an Internet café in the reception area.We have two fantastic pools. The ground floor family pool is superbly located next to the main bar and the games room whilst our roof top pool has fabulous views of the Mellieha coastline, Red Tower and Mellieha church which is a must for relaxation and enjoying both the Maltese sunshine and sunset!There are three bars on site, with one open from 10am until 1am, which includes entertainment multiple nights a week from local artists. Our main restaurant is ‘Al Fresco’ (weather permitting) serving a great variety of food to suit all tastes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Lastminute, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Luna Holiday Complex reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Luna Holiday Complex Mellieha
- Luna Hotel Malta
- Luna Holiday Complex Hotel Mellieha
- Luna Holiday Complex Malta/Mellieha