1,594 results
All reviewsrooftop poolself cateringmini marketsuperior studioair consea viewthe busevery other daytowels were changedthe ground floorsteep hillmellieha baylower poolcooking facilitiesmain towngreat holidayceiling fan
Reviewed 29 September 2013

We have just got back from 12 days stay at the Luna Holiday Complex (15-26 September). It was our first stay, but definitely it won't be the last. We'll recommend it to our friends. Lovely location (near the beach), cosy room - well equipped and modern. Very polite and helpful staff. Well stocked mini-market. Very clean. Maybe just AC a little bit noisy...

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Bookcyprus.com
Kyleborg, Manager at Luna Holiday Complex, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Good morning,

I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you are already thinking of returning.

With regards to your comment on the AC, I will look into it as we do not get many comments on that.

I am also glad that you will recommend us to friends and Family :-). Do drop me a mail if you or your friends wish to come and stay with us in the future.

Thanks for your review.

Reviewed 28 September 2013 via mobile

Our first stay, but it won't be our last. Lovely location, good sized room with an excellent sea view over the bay.

Hardly any children during our stay, although this may have been due to the time of the year, but a very nice stay.

It is almost how you imagined Malta to be before the suburbs spread out of valetta.

I can recommend this hotel for a peaceful stay.

Good Morning,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to review our property! I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Yes indeed september we do not have many families with young Children, normally they visit us end of June, July and August.

Thanks again for your comments. Do drop me an email if you wish to return!
Warm Regards

Reviewed 25 September 2013

Just got back from a 2 week stay at the Luna Holiday Complex. (9th - 23rd September).

* I have been woken at 0700 by noisy cleaners, which you certainly don't need on holiday - I do understand that the cleaning has to be done, but that is far too early.
*We used the Rooftop Pool most days but the bar wasn't open until after 11:00 which meant you couldn't get food or drinks and also couldn't get the mattresses for the sunbeds which they charged EUR 1.50 per day - half the day was gone by the time we got them!
*The Twilight Bar turned us away on a number of occasions when we returned from a night out and wanted a drink because they closed at 10:00 (some HOLIDAY COMPLEX!!!) or if we stayed, we felt like we were 'putting the staff out' by being there.
*Used toilets in reception midday - there was no toilet paper, I had to get some from reception -surely this should be monitored regularly.
*The rooms were very basic and quite tatty. The balconies were extremely small and if you sat on the balcony, you couldn't see anything but the bars of the balcony! All in all, quite disappointing I guess you get what you pay for.
*The best thing was the mini market which was well stocked and the staff were lovely.
It felt that the staff were 'winding down' after the high season, they mostly seemed apathetic.
There were 7 of us in our party and none of us would return.

Julie J

• Stayed: September 2013
Kyleborg, Manager at Luna Holiday Complex, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2013

Good Afternoon Julie,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am sorry that you were not impressed/satisfied with your stay.

- I apologise re the cleaners, i will be sitting down with the head of department with regards this, as we do our best not to make noise. unfortunately we have to start at 0700 to make sure all the public areas are cleaned before our guests wake up, sometimes we service room of early check outs to make sure all rooms are ready before 14:00. However they should be very quiet in doing this. I will be discussing it with them and tackling this issue.
- The Pool Bars open at 10:00 on the ground floor and 11:00 on the roof top bar.
- The Twilight bar closes with dinner, however Don Tonino remains open till 01:00 and longer if there are guests still at the bar.
- The toilets at reception, this must have been a one off as we never have such problems and there is a schedule when the public bathrooms are checked and cleaned. I am sorry about that.
- The rooms, as mentioned in previous responses, we are refurbishing the rooms in stages, having completed block 1,3,5 + 6 starting block 4 this winter. However as mentioned the rate reflects this, the unrefurbished rooms are at lower rates than the refurbished ones.

Again I am sorry that you were not satisfied, I will be sitting down with the various teams to discuss this review, as we discuss all the review on Trip Advisor!

Reviewed 25 September 2013 via mobile

After a total disaster of being placed in horrendous accommodation in the blue st george resort in st Julians, we decided to ring around as many hotels as possible near the beach to escape the horror. Thankfully we discovered the luna holiday complex in mellieha.
we stayed in studio apartment fit for 4 guests although there was just 2 of us. It seemed to be brand new. Modern. Spotlessly clean. Well equipped and welcoming.
The staff are very friendly and helpful
The location is ideal as its just a 5 minute walk to the beach and a 10.min uphill walk to mellieha village where there are lovely restaurants and bars
The rooftop pool is lovely too with a fabulous view of mellieha Bay .
The breakfast is decent with hot and cold breakfast buffet on offer.

I would definitely recommend this place to anyone looking for a seaside holiday in Malta. The 222 bus which passes the complex takes you to the ferry Port for gozo Island and will also take you into the city where valetta and sliema areas are a must see.

Good Afternoon!

I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us here at Luna. I am glad that you chose to stay with us! I am happy you liked every aspect of your stay, and do look forward to welcoming you in the future should you wish to return!

Do feel free to contact me should you wish to do do!

Reviewed 24 September 2013

We booked this trip back in May with 5 other friends, and asked to be near each other.
When we arrived we were in three different blocks. One on the first floor, two on the second and one on the third. Two of us were over the pool area.
It is a very nice place, pretty clean, but so noisy. Doors banging, vacuum cleaners on just after 0700hrs in the morning. tables being dragged about.
On the top of the hotel is a lovely swimming pool, but most days the shop was not open until 1100 hrs, so we could not get mattresses for the beds or a drink. They actually put a phone on the counter ,so we could phone 5 floors down for service. Then someone had to come up. In the evening the coffee tables were all put away, so we had to put 3 out again to have a coffee, and this was usually before 2000 hrs We were quite disappointed.
On the last evening we requested early morning calls as we were being picked up at 0315 am, and we never got ours, and despite our requests there was only one name in the night book.
Our friends did not get their calls until 0250hrs after we complained. That's 25minutes before pick up. We enjoyed our holiday despite all this stuff, but do feel that the management have forgotten that their customers are the most important people who ever cross their threshold.
The hotel is right at the bottom of a huge steep hill, and we were surprised that the management did not have a mini bus to take customers to the top. Surely they could do a deal with the local restaurants. No one eats in the same place every night, do they?
Now we wont go back there. Staff didn't seem to be kept informed about difficulties.

Room Tip: Don't over look the pool. The cafeteria tables were right underneath our balcony.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Brian,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am sorry to read that you where not fully satisfied with your stay.

- I apologise for not being placed in rooms next to each other, unfortunately the request does not always arrive from the Tour Operator, on other occasions it would not be possible due being full. We always do our best to adhere to the requests we receive but not always possible.
- i want to apologise re the Wake up call I will be discussing this with the Front office team, clearly it was not logged by one of our team! I am truly sorry about this! Normally an automatic call is programmed (either through the handset in your room or through reception) and also when booked through reception, the night reception also calls to make sure you have received the call!
- Re the shuttle bus, we do not offer this service, as many of our guests purchase week passes with the public transport, this runs every 20 min from a few mtrs away from the front door, it also runs through the night every 40 minutes.

Thanks again for your review!
warm regards