“Wouldn't stay anywhere else in Mellieha”

Luna Holiday Complex
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Mellieha
Derby
“Wouldn't stay anywhere else in Mellieha”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I have just returned from another fantastic stay at the Luna Holiday Complex. A great deal of refurbishment has taken place over the winter months and the rooms are really fabulous. This winter the standard studios have been done and they are really great. I have been to the Luna Holiday Complex many times over the last 17 years and have seen it grow and develop. The staff are friendly and nothing is too much trouble. I had a problem with my balcony door, reported it to reception and within a couple of hours it was fixed. Both the restaurants serve delicious food and the supermarket stocks most of the things you would need if you are self-catering. The bus stops just up the road where buses run to really, anywhere you want to go with a change in Bugibba. I am going back again in September and really looking forward to seeing all the staff again. I cannot rate this Complex too highly.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room then chose a room at the back. If you don't mind a bit of road noise a...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank AnneWDerby
Kyleborg, Manager at Luna Holiday Complex, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Hello Anne,

It’s very nice to read your review and I am happy to hear that you have seen the changes take place and that they are to your liking.

17 years is certainly a long time and the Staff and I always look forward to seeing you every time you visit.

See you in September 

Warm Regards

kyle@lhcmalta.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (384)
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Victoria, Malta
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Because my flight was a late evening arrival I decided to stay overnight at Luna Holiday Complex before taking the ferry to Gozo. I was very impressed with the complex and have suggested to other visiting friends that this would be a good base when visiting Malta

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Skoosh

1 Thank Barbara S
Good Morning Barbara S,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your overnight stay. Should any of your friends wish to stay please ask them to drop me an email and I will assist them with any arrangements they may need.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Positives: clean, friendly if not very effective staff. Position, sea view, price paid. Rooms serviced daily.
Negatives: shabby room - in need of renovation. Dangerous appliances - oven kept tripping the power - staff slow to rectify. Old gas hob with burner indicators worn of and had to be lit by matches. Dreadful beds. No mattress protectors. Thin sheets and scruffy blankets - why no duvets - this is the 21st century! Extra charges for almost ev rything else is toaster, air conditioning - no heating! Excessive WiFi charges (although available for free in the reception area. Food and bar prices much higher than local bars and restaurants - that's why the hotel ones were consistently empty. Nice TV but dreadful channel availability - 3 x Arab film channels, German Eurosport, Sky News, French news channel and another German channel - so poor in this day and age with free satellite TV channel availability.
My grading is on the lowest side of average.

Room Tip: We looked at a refurbished room but not worth the 20 euros per day extra charge. I would certainly...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Good Morning FrankG1955,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your review.

I am sorry that you did not find all of our facilities to your satisfaction. We have a number of rooms that we plan to refurbish this coming winter to coincide with our new high standards of accommodation that we presently have in many of our rooms. I have made note of the points you have mentioned and I shall certainly be looking into these further.

Your feedback is very important to us and I appreciate the time you have taken to give us your comments.

Hebden Bridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I have been visiting Mellieha for many years. 3 years ago I tried the Luna Complex and never looked back. Staff are so friendly and although busy always find time to make you feel welcomed. I visited the resort in March and was so disappointed that I had to find another hotel. I did visit to say hello and looked at all the work they are doing, very impressive. I am booked in in May and September, can't wait.
The rooms and communal areas are spotlessly clean. I was always impressed every morning seeing staff clean the pool area. The food is good and plenty of it. It's the sort of place you feel comfortable in and can relax. Yes if you want 5 star go pay 5 star prices but this place is excellent value for money and I am sure I will be visiting many more times.

Room Tip: Treat the staff as you would like to be treated and they will help you all they can.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
5 Thank Peter D
Good Morning Peter,

I thank you for your review and happy that you find the Luna to be great value for money. I recall your visit in March this year and your recent visit this May.

Don’t hesitate to drop me an email should you wish to visit us again in the future.

I Look forward to see you again soon.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Ok, the Luna is not the Ritz by any stretch of the imagination but overall considering the price, location and quality of room we were more than happy with our hotel choice in Malta. The rooms are large, clean and more than comfortable...with decent bathroom facilities. The decor is fairly basic/outdated but by no means off putting. We were happy with the location of the hotel as it was only a 5 minute drive to the port for the ferry/boat over to Gozo & Comino (which are 'must sees' if you're visiting Malta)...the hotel is also situated within walking distance of the beach and has a handful of some shops, bars and restaurants nearby; although we'd recommend a short drive over to Golden Bay which is a lot nicer. Mellieha is a fairly quiet town without much going on at night time but suited us both fine; but like anywhere in Malta you can get pretty much there well within a hour...so it's no problem heading over to the more lively St Julians, Sliema or Paceville if necessary. Overall, we would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Patrick D
Kyleborg, Manager at Luna Holiday Complex, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Good Morning Patrick,

I am happy to read that you were well satisfied with our property, and that you would not hesitate to recommend us :-)

Do drop me an email should you wish to return, and thanks for taking the time to write your review!

Christchurch, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Nice hotel, close to a quiet, lovely beach and lots of restaurants. Good value for money, not very clean though. The top of the roof swimming pool absolutely fantastic with an amazing view over the bay. As we had room only, the mini market nearby was very handy although rather expensive.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DDStasiak
Good Morning,

Thank you very much for your review, I am glad that you enjoyed it and that you found us to be good value for money.

I would appreciate if you drop me an email with your comments regarding cleanliness, as we normally have very good comments on this, and I would like to discuss this with housekeeping to see how we can improve.

Reviewed 23 January 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at Luna.
The hotel was well equipped for all our needs in a self catering apartment. We found the location to be just right, with lots of restaurants just down the road ( I was suffering from a bad knee so couldn't walk far).
The island is extremely easy to navigate and the bus service operated in Malta is brilliant!

The hotel itself was clean and friendly, The on site shop is definitely the best stocked in the area.
We only used the upstairs pool, this was lovely and quiet with the same friendly regular faces each day ( I think they go back each year - always a good sign). The upstairs pool offers a bar service in which drinks/food can be ordered and arrive promptly from the downstairs restaurant! Very handy!!

The views from our room were not great, but hey, who goes on holiday to spend a week in the room? So this did not spoil our holiday at all!

We were welcomed to the hotel with a bottle of wine for my other half as the holiday was to celebrate his birthday, this was a lovely touch and much appreciated.!

I recommend the ferry trip over to Gozo for a day out - slightly boring in places but a must do is you are at all interested in the culture of Malta!

Overall a really nice holiday! No complaints!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Jadee_007
Good Morning Jade!

Thank you very much for dedicating time to write such a detailed review. I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay here with us.

and glad our little surprise with the wine was appreciated!

Thanks a million, and do drop me an email in the future.

kyle@lhcmalta.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mellieha
Radisson Blu Resort & Spa, Malta Golden Sands
#3 of 14 in St. Paul's Bay
Ramla Bay Resort
Ramla Bay Resort
#5 of 12 in Mellieha

Been to Luna Holiday Complex? Share your experiences!