Mellieha Bay Hotel
Maritim Antonine Hotel & Spa(Mellieha)(Great Value!)
US$234
US$227
  • Breakfast included
Pergola Hotel & Spa(Mellieha)(Great Value!)
US$329
US$318
US$355
Hotels.com
Luna Holiday Complex(Mellieha)(Great Value!)
US$127
US$121
US$106
US$94
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
Panorama Hotel(Mellieha)
2,299 results
All reviewslimelight loungethomson repjamaica innb blockmellieha bayrooms face the seabowling greenthe busprivate beachhalf boardsea viewthe ground flooranimation teamevening entertainmentplenty of choiceindoor pooljust returned from a week
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 August 2012

I have just returned from a week at the mellieha bay. When i first booked last year i had second thoughts after reading some of the reviews on here. I am so glad i did not cancel.I went with my husband and children aged 1, 4, 9 and 10 and also five other adults ranging from 40s to 70s! Although the hotel would benefit from some work it in no way impeeded our stay. the stay were friendly and helpful and all had a very good time. The hotel was at full capacity, but unlike many hotels we have been to you were always able to find a sunbed and also able to swim in the pool rather than dodge around people! We were always seated immediatly in the restaurant and the food was very good. Sandwhiches and baguettes and crisps are available from 10am at the pool bar and between 12.30 and 3.30 hot snacks are available from the lobby bar.Lollies and crisps are also available. The entertainment was good and always kept my children amused. Would reccomend a trip to valetta on the bus, you can travel all around the island all day on the arrive bus for 2.60! A great holiday was had by all and i would definantly go again!

7  Thank sashhowlett
Reviewed 15 August 2012

Hi, I have read various reviews about this hotel and felt them to be very negative, but our experience seems to me to be completely diffirent. I have read that this hotel is "tired", but whilst we were there (July/Aug 2012), the hotel was being painted and fixed up (with no distruption).Our rooms were very clean and minimal, but how much time do you actually spend in your room? We went all inclusive and with two teenage boys in tow, we found this perfect. There was not one occasion when they complained about food/drink, etc. We spent two weeks here with two teenage boys and found that there was mountains of things to do. We had two adjoining rooms, with views to die for. The island itself is beautiful, with a fantastic bus service run by Arriva, where you could travel anywhere you wanted to go when puchasing a bus pass. We hired a speed boat from the Aquatic centre and travelled around the islands, which was so much fun. We visited Popeye Village, which is a "must". My kids thought it was going to be boring, as they thought it would just be for "liitle kids", but afterwards relised that it was so much fun. The Aquatic centre at the hotel offers so much....Windsurfing, sailing boats, blade fish, water skiing, etc, with lessons too if required. We also went horse riding from Golden Bay and up the mountain on a two hour treck at sunset overlooking the views, which was amazing. If you take the time to do other stuff, rather than just sunbathing, then you will fall in love with Malta. We travelled to Valletta, by bus and it is a lovely Capital City. We got a ferry to Gozo and went to the capital and found a lovely market and a little cafe for lunch. We did so much more too....the list is endless. The weather was fantastic, 40 d on average. So thats all the good things, now for the not so good. I have read that people have said there was a wasp problem. Well yes, there were alot of wasps, but the cleaning staff were constantly emptying bins and mopping etc, we did not find it a massive problem as the best place to sunbath was down at the lovely private beach. And the "Jamaican" Bar was a let down, as there was nothing Jamaican about it, just another pool, with the bar closing at 4.45. But thats it. Our Thompson rep was brilliant, very helpfull, thanks. My final complaint, is not about the hotel or holiday, but about the fact that I left my sweatshirt on the plane on the outward journey and after numerous phone calls down all the diffirent avenues, it seems that I will never get it back.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
9  Thank Carol C
Reviewed 11 August 2012 via mobile

I really don't know what to write about this place. First of all my holidays did not go quite as good as I planned. Second of all me and my ex girlfriend had few arguments in there. So I don't wanna sound like my judgment has been affected by the not-so-good holidays. We choose this hotel cause my ex gf family relative has reccomended this place as being 'smashin, wonderful' and all. The whole shabang costed us £500 for both of us so I think that's a really good deal for nice week in sun. The hotel it self is placed on a side of wee hill so when you will be comin back from trip you gonna face a nice refreshing climb. The view from the hotel is very nice. The place is overlooking bay and sometimes if you lucky you might get the chance to see a big sail bout of some sickly rich people witch just adds value to the view. All rooms have sea view (the corridors are facing car park and road) so don't get caught in travel agent paying extra for the view. The biggest issue with the place is that it need refurbishment. The reception area is ok but the whole rest like swimming pools, rooms etc. are left behind in 90's. Also the rooms are in despered need of good clean. Hotels placed quite a distance from evrithing. But about 5 min walk and you can cach one of Maltas famuse buses going both directions - Valletta to south east of the island about 40min on the bus, or the north west to cach a ferry to Comino and Gozo about same time travel distans. The B-fast is beaning served in a buffed style so you can get the feeling of being like cattle. But for those who like English full b-fast there is plants to choose from. Diners are serve in the same way. Some of the staff we came acros had I don't care attitude but most of its employees are helpfull and friendly. There is Internet available for exta cost £5/1h if I can remember correctly. Hotel Also provides water sports schools like diving etc. There are two swimming pools on the property one in other out door but the first one is freezing cold and the second one is always busy. Finishing the hotel is just a out ok. It's fair bit away from everything but I you can't be asked to go out you can spend all day at the pool doin nothing. Personally I think you can find better hotels in Malta I better location and Malta has got many wonderful places to go and visit not to sit in the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2011
3  Thank Michalus83
Reviewed 10 August 2012

I went ahead and booked the Mellieha Bay Hotel as it has a scuba dive centre attached to it and subsequently read the Tripadvisor reviews which did make me feel a bit anxious.
Having returned home I feel I want to add to the long list of reviews which I will seperate into Good and Not so Good.
The Good.
The view from every almost every aspect of the hotel across the bay of Mellieha is simply 5* and we never grew tired of it. The sea was lovely and clear and really warm, so I was in and out all the time as was my wife. The scuba diving is incredible, not so much for sealife, but for visibility and my son and I especially loved a dive in and through the P31 wreck off the Comino Islands. There are two pool areas at either end of the hotel. The pool area situated below the main reception/restuarant/Limlight bar area is predominently used by Brits as it is in front of the Thomson holiday rooms. This area is always packed out and we never sat there, whilst at the far end of the hotel there is another pool area used by predominently French guests, which never got full up. That said, we always preferred to sit down by the sea front and never had trouble getting sunbeds.The food and drinks were fine, nothing special, maybe not quite 4* but perfectly adequate and we had no problem ever finding anything we liked to eat.
The Not so Good.
The Thomson rooms have all been face lifted and looked nice but due to an error we ended up in the older,very tired rooms which desperately needed modernising, which are located in what we came to term the 'French Quarter' These rooms are more 2/3*
Parts of the hotel do feel tired, but overall this did not impact on our holiday.
We found the evening entertainment pretty awful and never spent more than five minutes viewing it, which leads to a slight dilemna as there is nothing else within walking distance, so unless you want to pay out on cabs, take your own entertainment, i.e scrabble/cards there certainly is nothing for younger children.
Overall we did enjoy our stay and frankly it seems hard to find any hotel that caters for everyone.
Would we go back again? Probably not, but don't be too put off if you like me you had already booked up your stay before reading this.

Room Tip: Book the Thomson rooms from the 1st floor up. All have seaviews
5  Thank toptrayder
Reviewed 10 August 2012

Just got back from a week at the Mellieha Bay Hotel in Malta as a family of four. (Two adults and two teenagers). The Hotel itself was lovely, if a little tired; and the rooms were cleaned every day to a very good standard. The hotel staff were all extremely friendly and the food was brilliant. Our teenage boys made lots of friends and we were happy to let them do "their own thing" as it is a very safe environment. Unfortunately, we would not return to this hotel due to the "Wasp problem." I am surprised that nobody else mentions this problem in their reviews. People were continually being stung by the wasps just by lying on the sun loungers, they didn't even have to aggravate them. The problem was particularly bad by the pool so we sunbathed by the jetty for the remainder of the holiday. However, the wasps were still a problem down there just not quite as big a problem. We mentioned the wasp problem to the Thompson Rep who said that the Hotel were aware of this but couldn't do anything about it. I feel that it should be made apparent in the advertising of this Hotel that there is a problem with wasp nests. I would not have booked this Hotel if I had known, as my husband has to carry an Epi Pen with him at all times, due to a previous wasp sting, and, therefore, we never totally relaxed for the whole week we were there. I feel it is important to let future potential customers know about this problem BEFORE they book. Such a lovely hotel, therefore, such as shame we can't return.

Room Tip: I think the B rooms are the refurbished ones.
3  Thank Lindsay C