The positives: great location. Close to Gozo and Comino. Lovely beaches. We highly recommend Paradise Driving (www.paradisediving.com) for SCUBA, water skiing and boat trips. They are reached via a tunnel just outside the hotel and were the highlight of our holiday.
The negatives: my iPhone was stolen from our locked hotel room on the first day. It could only have been staff. The hotel won't accept this as I must have left the 'phone at home! I can prove where it was! Dishonest about pricing, particularly if you use the a la carte restaurant. We liked the food, actually, but not the conveyor belt service of the main restaurant. The room refrigerator doesn't work when you leave the room (and leaked). Essentially, everything we expected from a four-star hotel full-board WASN'T included so we spent much more money than we budgeted for. On arrival we weren't given the room type that we booked and were accused of seeking a free upgrade when we raised this. No, we just wanted the room type that we booked and paid for! Even the "upgrade" room wasn't what we would describe as four star and had no sea view. We ordered packed lunch one day but left it behind as the paper bags disintegrated before we even left the hotel! Staff were mostly rude, miserable and ignorant (we accept the language barrier, but a nod of thanks goes a long way when you go out of your way to help the restaurant staff move unhindered). Very variable bar prices.
In short, we'd gladly go to Malta again and indeed to the same area, but never to this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "Beautifully situated overlooking the picturesque sister Islands of Gozo & Comino with its own private sandy beach, ideal for all ages." This very popular, spacious, comfortable and well-run family hotel has a secluded location surrounded by the clear warm water of the Mediterranean making it ideal for a leisurely holiday in the sun. English is widely spoken throughout the hotel by the staff. The Resort is situated in a secluded location surrounded by the clear warm water of the Mediterranean. The standard fittings for all bedrooms are of air-conditioning, television + radio, direct dial telephone, trouser press with iron and ironing board, mini bar (stocked on request), hairdryer, ceiling fan, safe (local charge) and en-suite bathroom. Some bedrooms are large enough to accommodate 4 persons. We also offer rooms with facilities for the physically challenged and the hotel is fully accessible with ramps and lifts to all public areas. A small ferry harbour to Gozo is situated a short distance away from the hotel and a regular public bus service operates to the main towns of Sliema and Valletta stopping at en-route towns and villages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Odigeo, Booking.com, Expedia, HostelWorld, Hotels.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Paradise Bay Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Bay Hotel Mellieha
- Paradise Bay Mellieha
- Paradise Bay Hotel Malta
- Paradise Bay Malta
- Paradise Bay Resort Hotel Malta/Mellieha