Our short stay at this hotel was a real curate's egg experience. Booking was smooth, via last minutes.com, its a bit of a drive from the airport and we did arrive late. The hotel is a bit dated, very 1970's, soiled carpets and poor paintwork and it would clearly benefit from a revamp. The location is weird, the pool side looks out over Paradise Bay and is wonderful even with all the boats that arrive at the weekend. The other side has a sea view and looks directly towards Comino and Gozo but with the ferry port in between. The varied pools themselves are excellent and there is plenty of space around the 5 pools.
We only had breakfast but it was great despite the queues. The food was good quality and plenty of it.
What really lets the place down is the staff at least those in reception and the restaurant. Requests made on booking were ignored and the males reception staff had never heard of politeness let alone customer service. They meet your requests if they can but if not you just get a grimace and a shrug. They promise to come back to you and then they don't. It even took 6.5 hours to get a message to us and our room was only 50 yards from the desk. They were so disorganised that we had been there for 2 days before they realised we had not been charged.
We always had to ask for the table to be wiped and for cutlery in the restaurant and sometimes the food was cooling before we had the implements to eat it with. Again the waiters had missed out on charm school and smiling was certainly not on their menu.
Overall I would recommend the food and the location is good for swimming. Its good if you want to see Gozo and Comino but it is over an hour on the bus to Valetta. Its good value for money but don't go with high service expectations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "Beautifully situated overlooking the picturesque sister Islands of Gozo & Comino with its own private sandy beach, ideal for all ages." This very popular, spacious, comfortable and well-run family hotel has a secluded location surrounded by the clear warm water of the Mediterranean making it ideal for a leisurely holiday in the sun. English is widely spoken throughout the hotel by the staff. The Resort is situated in a secluded location surrounded by the clear warm water of the Mediterranean. The standard fittings for all bedrooms are of air-conditioning, television + radio, direct dial telephone, trouser press with iron and ironing board, mini bar (stocked on request), hairdryer, ceiling fan, safe (local charge) and en-suite bathroom. Some bedrooms are large enough to accommodate 4 persons. We also offer rooms with facilities for the physically challenged and the hotel is fully accessible with ramps and lifts to all public areas. A small ferry harbour to Gozo is situated a short distance away from the hotel and a regular public bus service operates to the main towns of Sliema and Valletta stopping at en-route towns and villages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotelopia, Onthebeach, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Paradise Bay Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Bay Hotel Mellieha
- Paradise Bay Mellieha
- Paradise Bay Hotel Malta
- Paradise Bay Malta
- Paradise Bay Resort Hotel Malta/Mellieha