Paradise Bay Resort Hotel
Pergola Hotel & Spa(Mellieha)(Great Value!)
US$327
US$316
  • Restaurant
Maritim Antonine Hotel & Spa(Mellieha)(Great Value!)
US$239
  • Breakfast included
Luna Holiday Complex(Mellieha)(Great Value!)
US$126
US$117
US$354
Radisson Blu
Hotels.com
Hotels.com
Panorama Hotel(Mellieha)
No availability for your dates from our partners
2,420 results
All reviewsgozo ferrytrouser pressthe busindoor poolsalt watersea watersea viewprivate beachblue lagoonquiet locationbus servicegames roombreakfast and dinnerweekend breakcleaned dailybuffet styleplenty of choice
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 July 2008

My Mum (54), and me (28) wanted a week in a quiet location with nice weather and Paradise Bay over exceeded our expectations. We got a late, cheap deal online and after reading some of the postings on here about the hotel I wasn't expecting much, but give praise where praise is due, so here I go.........
The hotel was extremely clean and the majority of the staff were helpful. The food was lovely, plenty of it, and as most posts on here say there were plenty of sunbeds available!
The entertainment was not very good, but we went to this hotel for a quiet time away so this didn't really matter. They had Bingo some nights, in all different languages, and a country singer another night. The children there seemed to have fun and the entertainers were very good with them.
I would definitely recommend a sea view room as some of the rooms around the back would have not had good views, but we overlooked the sea and could see the Gozo Ferry which was nice. The rooms were of high quality and had all required appliances.
I would recommend people to stay here if a quiet holiday is required.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 22 June 2008

The hotel in general is not bad but if you expect your room to be great when you are only paying £30 each a night then you will be dissapointed.
The pools are great, the food i found to be quite nice, but the fact that you can wait ages for a waiter to bring you a drink is frustrating- you cannot get your own drink.
However, the hotel is in the middle of nowhere - the buses stop at 6pm and the taxis are a rip-off. There is a quiet cocktail bar down the road but thats about it.: if you want a quiet holiday then its ok, if not, its boring.
The hotel's location is good, near the ferry and paradise bay beach within walking distance.
The driving and roads in Malta are appalling so beware of this if you hire a car.

Stayed: June 2008
Reviewed 17 June 2008

We have just returned from a week at this hotel and I can safely say we won't be returning. On the plus side the Hotel is in a lovely position overlooking the sea, the pool and sun terraces are fantastic and the rooms were large and clean. However the food was awful, more like school dinners than a four star hotel! The staff were bored and uninterseted, barely making eye contact. (except reception - who were quite pleasant) The position of the hotel is very remote and there are no evening strolls to be had or local bars to pop into! You are quite literally stuck at the hotel for the night and this wouldnt even be so bad if there was any entertainment - the gaggle of entertainment staff (at least eight of them) could only come up with bingo and disco! One night we were treated to a cringe worthy Kareoke and another night a local guitar player for a couple of hours. overall i would say try another hotel in the area - there were a couple.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 June 2008

We arrived in the early hours of Wednesday 14th May 2008. We had a Bay View Room, on opening the curtains later the view was fantastic. The room was clean when we arrived, but as the days went on we found it wasn't cleaned to our satisfaction. The towels were changed most days but the other couple with us had to ask for their bedding to be changed after a week.
The food was adequate, but it would have been better if we could have had fruit juice - not watered down squash - at breakfast, and also fresh fruit. Some meat and fish at dinner was processed ie something described as Gammon tasted more like Spam, also some fish was the same.
The entertainment left a lot to be desired. Two local artists were very enjoyable, but the entertainment provide by the "Animators" at night was directed more at children until 10.30pm.
I was recommended this hotel but talking to patrons who had gone there for many years the standards had deteriorated. I would not return and would only give it 2 stars.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 June 2008

I have stayed at the Paradise bay hotel near to mellieha, it is situated by the ferry port...but don't let that put you off as you don't hear the ferries coming in and out and at night you can watch them, as they are all lit up and every hotel room has a sea view! the food at this hotel was excellent and they have two bars indoor and outdoor swimming pools, the hotel is situated more or less on the beach aswell! there is a bus outside every 10 minutes to mellieha and other parts of malta. I have been so impressed by this hotel that i am going back for my fourth visit... (my future in-laws have been going to this hotel now for 17 years and each year they say they have loved it! It can be a romantic setting too as my future-sister-in-law got married at the hotel and my fiance and I got engaged there too!