The hotel rooms are spacious and it has wonderful views (these are the only good things going for it). The bathroom walls had mould on some parts, the bedroom floor is not swept under the bed - when I moved the position of my bed closer to the wall socket to plug my ipad, the mound of dirt that met my eyes shocked me! There was even a receipt dated 14/10/2013!
The fridge is raggedy, the sheets the first night I arrived looked brown.
Here, they charge for everything! You get charged if you put your own drinks in the fridge, you pay for Internet if you want access in your room, but it cuts our ever 30-40 minutes!
When I complained at least half a dozen times, I was offered 1 extra day. I called to order food, the phone was answered with someone saying "What!", I was taken aback and then asked to place an order for food, the phone was pit down on me. I called back, and complained and them placed my order. When I went down to pick my order, I made the complaint.
The person who I had seen earlier in the day (who said he is one of the directors) came to me, so I proceeded to tell him my experience and he shouted at me that I kept the waiter on the phone for 15 minutes! This was a further shock to my system. I pointed out to him, he must be mistaken, and asked for phone records, to which he said they are not kept??? I told him he was a liar, and he threatened me with the Police!
An elderly couple were in the restaurant complaining about their meal taking over 45 minutes and didn't want it anymore.
What I can categorically, is this is NOT by any means a 4 star hotel, it is more in the scrapping through to be 3 star hotel.
They don't have any food afte 9pm! They cannot even do the courtesy of confirming transfers for guest! The director is a liar and very uncouth! Not a nice place to stay.
On the way back to airport, I found out just the day before, a lady refused to stay there and had to be moved elsewhere.
This was a nightmare hotel, I went to unwind, but came back more wound p that ever! I HAVE PICTURES TO UPLOAD TO BACK UP MY STATEMENTS TOO. NEED TO FIND LINK TO UPLOAD THEM.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "Beautifully situated overlooking the picturesque sister Islands of Gozo & Comino with its own private sandy beach, ideal for all ages." This very popular, spacious, comfortable and well-run family hotel has a secluded location surrounded by the clear warm water of the Mediterranean making it ideal for a leisurely holiday in the sun. English is widely spoken throughout the hotel by the staff. The Resort is situated in a secluded location surrounded by the clear warm water of the Mediterranean. The standard fittings for all bedrooms are of air-conditioning, television + radio, direct dial telephone, trouser press with iron and ironing board, mini bar (stocked on request), hairdryer, ceiling fan, safe (local charge) and en-suite bathroom. Some bedrooms are large enough to accommodate 4 persons. We also offer rooms with facilities for the physically challenged and the hotel is fully accessible with ramps and lifts to all public areas. A small ferry harbour to Gozo is situated a short distance away from the hotel and a regular public bus service operates to the main towns of Sliema and Valletta stopping at en-route towns and villages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Onthebeach, Booking.com, Hotelopia, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Paradise Bay Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Bay Hotel Mellieha
- Paradise Bay Mellieha
- Paradise Bay Hotel Malta
- Paradise Bay Malta
- Paradise Bay Resort Hotel Malta/Mellieha