Paradise Bay Resort Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Comino Hotel(Comino)
Panorama Hotel(Mellieha)
  • Breakfast included
Pergola Hotel & Spa(Mellieha)
2,418 results
All reviewsgozo ferrytrouser pressthe busindoor poolsalt watersea watersea viewprivate beachblue lagoonquiet locationbus servicegames roombreakfast and dinnerweekend breakcleaned dailybuffet styleplenty of choice
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 January 2014

The hotel rooms are spacious and it has wonderful views (these are the only good things going for it). The bathroom walls had mould on some parts, the bedroom floor is not swept under the bed - when I moved the position of my bed closer to the wall socket to plug my ipad, the mound of dirt that met my eyes shocked me! There was even a receipt dated 14/10/2013!
The fridge is raggedy, the sheets the first night I arrived looked brown.

Here, they charge for everything! You get charged if you put your own drinks in the fridge, you pay for Internet if you want access in your room, but it cuts our ever 30-40 minutes!
When I complained at least half a dozen times, I was offered 1 extra day. I called to order food, the phone was answered with someone saying "What!", I was taken aback and then asked to place an order for food, the phone was pit down on me. I called back, and complained and them placed my order. When I went down to pick my order, I made the complaint.

The person who I had seen earlier in the day (who said he is one of the directors) came to me, so I proceeded to tell him my experience and he shouted at me that I kept the waiter on the phone for 15 minutes! This was a further shock to my system. I pointed out to him, he must be mistaken, and asked for phone records, to which he said they are not kept??? I told him he was a liar, and he threatened me with the Police!
An elderly couple were in the restaurant complaining about their meal taking over 45 minutes and didn't want it anymore.

What I can categorically, is this is NOT by any means a 4 star hotel, it is more in the scrapping through to be 3 star hotel.

They don't have any food afte 9pm! They cannot even do the courtesy of confirming transfers for guest! The director is a liar and very uncouth! Not a nice place to stay.

On the way back to airport, I found out just the day before, a lady refused to stay there and had to be moved elsewhere.

This was a nightmare hotel, I went to unwind, but came back more wound p that ever! I HAVE PICTURES TO UPLOAD TO BACK UP MY STATEMENTS TOO. NEED TO FIND LINK TO UPLOAD THEM.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Roro A
SMF001, Manager at Paradise Bay Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

I am sorry to read your review as stated and for being informed that there was no resolve for you whilst you were in house. The drinks in the fridge we do not charged for as the fridge is open for all guest to use as they wish, be it in house drinks or their own items. The bed linen and toweling are outsourced to a local laundry and I am also sorry to hear that the standard was as stated and this must have been an isolated incident because fortunately I do not have this as a problem. You encounter with the duty director and calling him a liar I will not expand on except to say that the records are not available as you wished to have them..
I am sorry that your stay was not as it should have been and that you consider us to be a nightmare hotel, fortunately most clients consider our establishment to offer value for money.

Reviewed 9 January 2014

We have stayed in the hotel for the last 18 years sometimes in the summer and for the last 9 years at Christmas and New Year.
As usual my room was a Bay view room this time it was number 439, it was ready when I arrived. The maid service was daily but not always at a convenient time. (14.55)
We were half board. Breakfast, Juices, coffee/tea, cold meats, yogurts, toast,rolls, croissants, bacon, sausages, tomatoes, beans, eggs, (either fried, scrambled, poached, hard boiled,) jams, marmalade's, cereals etc.
Evening meal. Soup, pasta, salad, hot plate, puddings, cheese and biscuits etc
The food as usual was brilliant.
The service from all staff was pleasant and mostly cheerful.
The waiters and waitresses over the Christmas and New Year in the restaurant were a bit slow and lapse though they let down the regulars who worked their.
The overall holiday was good though and we will go back there.
Well down staff and management.

Room Tip: Choose a Bay view room top floor.
4  Thank Charmed1-64

I thank you for enjoying so many holidays over the last 18 years with us and for informing all concerned of your satisfaction. Trusting that you shall enjoy many more holidays to come.

Thank you.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

We have been visiting this hotels for the past 26 years when we had our son a toddler. It had suitable swimming pools for our son to have fun and enjoy the delicious food they served. We never looked back and used to visit this hotel very frequently. Our last stay was on new year's eve when we attended the new year's eve dinner dance. We have been attending this for the past 4 years and from our experience it is the best place to celebrate this occassion. Well done to all staff.

Room Tip: all rooms are sea view!!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

26 years is a long time and since then we have gone through many changes. I thank you for your continuing support to our establish and for enjoying your breaks with us.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

My family and I came to Paradise Bay Hotel for the first time.We couldn't find a better place to celebrate the end of 2013.Everything was at its best.Our room was very spacious and the bathroom was too. Although it was raining and couldn't go out in the big balcony, from inside we could enjoy the sea, watching the Gozo ship coming in and out of the port.
Then in the evening we joined in for the new year's eve dinner. There was a nice atmosphere and fantastic, large variety of different kind of food. Everything as it was planned on the menu provided including the bottle of champagne as the clock struck 12. We had a good nice sleep ,enjoyed a good bath and down for breakfast.For the price of 226 euro for a family of 4 is more than excellent value for money.We couldn't ask for more to start the year in a better way. This is not going to be our last visit being Maltese but we encourage others to do the same. See you soon in the near future. Thanks and well done.

1  Thank Rosette B

Welcome to our establishment and thank you for posting your review on tripadvisor. It is so nice to hear that you and your family enjoyed your break with us and intend to return.

Thank you.

Reviewed 4 January 2014

We enjoyed our stay at the hotel. Rooms were clean, service was excellent. A wide variety choice regarding food and drinks. The location is perfect for a trip to Gozo and to visit Paradise Bay by walk. We will book this hotel in the near future.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your positive response and we look forward to your repeat custom. Thank you