All family agreed to meet and celebrate the special day by a pool. the choice fell on Paradise Bay Hotel as it offered the lunch as part of the day. Arrived there at 09.30 and found deckchairs by the pool. (deckchairs need a refurb as the canvas is worn out). Pool was clean and fresh and heavily chlorinated that one could not open his eyes in the water. Spent the rest of the morning swimming.
At 12.30 moved into the main restaurant for lunch. Setting was excellent with ample space to move around. The buffet table offered all kinds of food / tastes. It was the best buffet lunch i've had this year. However foreign waiters need some training as one was very rude when we requested another drink (which he had missed out in the first order). The food was well prepared, well presented and best of all tasted excellent.
Afternoon was spent again by the pool. it was evident the the water was now not clean and circulating pumps were off as no water was overflowing to the surrounding pool gutters The pool water was leaving evidence that it had become stagnant as bubbles with surrounding white foam were collecting at one end of the pool. It was a real pity that the pool became a stagnant water bath where we had to cut the day short due to none of us wanted to get some form of infection due to visible stagnant water.
Showers and toilets were recently refurbished, but already need some maintenance.
Maybe we will visit again due to that the food was excellent but if the pool pumps are noted to be off in the afternoon, it would be our last visit. I hope this is not an energy saving measure to the detriment of the users. It would be a real pity !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "Beautifully situated overlooking the picturesque sister Islands of Gozo & Comino with its own private sandy beach, ideal for all ages." This very popular, spacious, comfortable and well-run family hotel has a secluded location surrounded by the clear warm water of the Mediterranean making it ideal for a leisurely holiday in the sun. English is widely spoken throughout the hotel by the staff. The Resort is situated in a secluded location surrounded by the clear warm water of the Mediterranean. The standard fittings for all bedrooms are of air-conditioning, television + radio, direct dial telephone, trouser press with iron and ironing board, mini bar (stocked on request), hairdryer, ceiling fan, safe (local charge) and en-suite bathroom. Some bedrooms are large enough to accommodate 4 persons. We also offer rooms with facilities for the physically challenged and the hotel is fully accessible with ramps and lifts to all public areas. A small ferry harbour to Gozo is situated a short distance away from the hotel and a regular public bus service operates to the main towns of Sliema and Valletta stopping at en-route towns and villages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotelopia, Ebookers, Onthebeach, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Paradise Bay Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Bay Hotel Mellieha
- Paradise Bay Mellieha
- Paradise Bay Hotel Malta
- Paradise Bay Malta
- Paradise Bay Resort Hotel Malta/Mellieha