Stayed a week at this hotel dated 10th-17th June.
Very isolated hotel, a 10 minute bus ride into town to restaurants, beaches and supermarkets. Overpriced shop in the hotel.
Bus stops right outside the hotel. Bus ticket €6.50 for the week.
Right next to the ferry port, Perfect for wanting to go over to Gozo. However due to this, lots of car noise early hours of the morning if staying on that side of the hotel. Also the cars go dangerously fast down this road obviously to make the ferries on time!
Staff friendly and helpful.
We stayed on a half board basis. Drinks not included for evening meal. Overall food was satisfactory, puddings the same all week, variety of cheesecakes and melon.
Breakfast until 10am, however Best to go down to breakfast earlier rather than later as the staff begin to take off certain items at around 9.30am, such as the pure orange juice machine early. The other fruit juice machine contains watered down fruit juices - not nice!
The room was clean and newly refurbished. However we did have to pay extra to have a newly refurbished room - half the hotel rooms have been refurbished, half have not. Old style hair dryer (box on wall
With tube and Hoover like nozzle on end !!) In the room
Which was impossible to dry hair with quickly.
Had to pay for extras such as wifi, use of the safe in the room, to hire towels for the pool.
SEASALT POOL - big let down. We would have used the pool a bit more if this had not been the case.
Overall, a good stay at paradise bay hotel minus a few bugbears mentioned above.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "Beautifully situated overlooking the picturesque sister Islands of Gozo & Comino with its own private sandy beach, ideal for all ages." This very popular, spacious, comfortable and well-run family hotel has a secluded location surrounded by the clear warm water of the Mediterranean making it ideal for a leisurely holiday in the sun. English is widely spoken throughout the hotel by the staff. The Resort is situated in a secluded location surrounded by the clear warm water of the Mediterranean. The standard fittings for all bedrooms are of air-conditioning, television + radio, direct dial telephone, trouser press with iron and ironing board, mini bar (stocked on request), hairdryer, ceiling fan, safe (local charge) and en-suite bathroom. Some bedrooms are large enough to accommodate 4 persons. We also offer rooms with facilities for the physically challenged and the hotel is fully accessible with ramps and lifts to all public areas. A small ferry harbour to Gozo is situated a short distance away from the hotel and a regular public bus service operates to the main towns of Sliema and Valletta stopping at en-route towns and villages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, HostelWorld, Odigeo, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Paradise Bay Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Bay Hotel Mellieha
- Paradise Bay Mellieha
- Paradise Bay Hotel Malta
- Paradise Bay Malta
- Paradise Bay Resort Hotel Malta/Mellieha