I travelled to Malta for a friends daughter's wedding which was in Melliah. I arrived at 1 in the morning and the night porter checked me in. I was given no instructions on what was included in my all inclusive price not even in the paperwork I was handed. On being given my key I had to ask for directions to my room, no assistance.
My room was large, clean and cool. The maid came every morning to clean very early and if I didn't have my do not disturb sign on she came in even if I wasn't ready. On one day I tried to ask her to come back later but she didn't understand until I closed the door.
The food was ok but you really only get full board with free local drinks for the all inclusive price not really anywhere else to get snacks during the day, although I found out on my last morning I could get sandwiches and cakes at the Cockeral bar. The 2 older gents at the Cockeral bar were very grumpy and unhelpful not a single smile no matter how pleasant I was! I went to the beach bar for lunch one day which was a mistake as the young guy there was getting terribly flustered trying to serve half a dozen people and all the food is cooked in the hotel and brought over so mistakes were a plenty. People were just taking what they could rather than wait ages for the right order.
As is previously reported this hotel has NOTHING near it not even a local bar within walking distance and the roads are dangerous to walk along though an excellent bus service right across the road (access by underpass).
Hotel had very few British borders when I was there and the weekend of 21st and 22nd June it was absolutely heaving and you couldn't move though not sure of nationalities but very loud and lots of kids.
I was not spoken to by the entertainment team until my last 2 days so have no idea what kind of activities are on offer here other than what was happening in the bar at night.
As a single female who likes to travel and stay all inclusive this was not my best but neither was it my worst experience. Would go back to Malta but not here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "Beautifully situated overlooking the picturesque sister Islands of Gozo & Comino with its own private sandy beach, ideal for all ages." This very popular, spacious, comfortable and well-run family hotel has a secluded location surrounded by the clear warm water of the Mediterranean making it ideal for a leisurely holiday in the sun. English is widely spoken throughout the hotel by the staff. The Resort is situated in a secluded location surrounded by the clear warm water of the Mediterranean. The standard fittings for all bedrooms are of air-conditioning, television + radio, direct dial telephone, trouser press with iron and ironing board, mini bar (stocked on request), hairdryer, ceiling fan, safe (local charge) and en-suite bathroom. Some bedrooms are large enough to accommodate 4 persons. We also offer rooms with facilities for the physically challenged and the hotel is fully accessible with ramps and lifts to all public areas. A small ferry harbour to Gozo is situated a short distance away from the hotel and a regular public bus service operates to the main towns of Sliema and Valletta stopping at en-route towns and villages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Onthebeach, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Hotelopia, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Paradise Bay Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Bay Hotel Mellieha
- Paradise Bay Mellieha
- Paradise Bay Hotel Malta
- Paradise Bay Malta
- Paradise Bay Resort Hotel Malta/Mellieha