We visit this hotel 2 or 3 times a year and have done so for the last 8 years and find this hotel suits our requirements in all areas and it would appear to do so for a lot of people who return year after year.
As with all hotels people do need to do research and make sure the location, facilities and price meets their criteria and if this hotel does I am sure they will have an enjoyable hotel with excellent value for money.
We have stayed in Spring, Autumn, Christmas/New Year and base our information on these periods.
The hotel as always been family run providing easy access to the people in charge who are at the hotel on a daily basis backed by friendly and helpful staff.
The location combines a rural (ideal for walkers) and sea front situation (so near it is like being on a cruise ship in some rooms). All rooms have excellent of either Paradise Bay or of the Gozo and Comino islands.
A large number of rooms have been upgraded to a high standard over recent years and the size of rooms and balconies are of a size rarely found even in hotels of a higher star rating.
We choose the upgraded Bay View rooms at a supplement which provides lovely Bay and Pool views and catches the sun for most of the day. Our daughter has a Sea view room with the same facilities and has views of the islands but receives liitle sun. This room does overlook the road to the Gozo ferry but she has never found any problem from noise at the times of year we visit.
The rooms provide all the expected facilities and are well cleaned on a daily basis with regular linen changes. You do have to pay for the use of the safe facility in the room and also the fridge (this charge can be waived on purchase of items for the mini bar at prices which are are reasonable) Tea and coffee is replaced on a daily basis in the upgraded rooms but shampoo is not provided, unusual for a 4 star hotel.
The hotel has a continual upgrade program over recent years and most areas of the hotel have been done to a high standard whilst still maintaining the character of the hotel.
We like the large outdoor pool (2 smaller ones available) and the sun terraces feet from the sea in Spring and Autumn and the large indoor pool in Winter. There is a man made beach accessed by underpass approx. May to end of October with facilities and views of the islands. The ferry port is not far from the beach but does not create noise or pollution in our opinion and makes interesting viewing. Towels for pool and beach use are available free of charge.
There is a very pleasant dining room serving buffet style meals and overlooks the pool and bay. Breakfast provides a choice of English (choice varies slightly daily ) or Continental style including meats, cheeses, salads. The evening meal (2 sittings) offers a choice of starters, a salad bar and choice of at least 4 main courses always including carvery, fish and vegetarian dishes rotated approx. every 2 to 3 weeks. There is a wide choice of sweets including hot dish during winter months. The food is well presented by the Chefs and are always willing to try and cater for individual dietary needs where possible.
You can eat as much or as little as you want and no one can possibly go hungry. Most peaple complain of weight gain during their holiday. The food is suited to most Englist tastes but if you want Gordon Ramsay style pay for a 5 star.
The location is out of the way but the peace and tranquility suit our criteria. We find the car hire useful (Maltese car hire is amongst the cheapest in Europe) but not essential as because of the proximity of the ferry frequent buses pass the hotel to the rest of the island and due to the size of Malta you can soon be at any part of the island.
This hotel is not for people who want an exiting and choices of nightlife or a wide range of shopping facilities in the area (the hotel does operate a large shop for most basic needs) Entertainment is provided by the hotel daytime and evening not always available in many other hotels. Cyril and Monica the entertainment hosts during the Winter months (November to May) are popular and attract many repeat bookings to the hotel.There is also other live entertainment acts at least twice a week. People enjoy the entertainment provided but don't expect West End or cruise liner performances.
We find this hotel suits ourselves and many other people and provides good value for money. Check your own criteria and if this hotel meets those give it a try and you should surely have an enjoyable holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "Beautifully situated overlooking the picturesque sister Islands of Gozo & Comino with its own private sandy beach, ideal for all ages." This very popular, spacious, comfortable and well-run family hotel has a secluded location surrounded by the clear warm water of the Mediterranean making it ideal for a leisurely holiday in the sun. English is widely spoken throughout the hotel by the staff. The Resort is situated in a secluded location surrounded by the clear warm water of the Mediterranean. The standard fittings for all bedrooms are of air-conditioning, television + radio, direct dial telephone, trouser press with iron and ironing board, mini bar (stocked on request), hairdryer, ceiling fan, safe (local charge) and en-suite bathroom. Some bedrooms are large enough to accommodate 4 persons. We also offer rooms with facilities for the physically challenged and the hotel is fully accessible with ramps and lifts to all public areas. A small ferry harbour to Gozo is situated a short distance away from the hotel and a regular public bus service operates to the main towns of Sliema and Valletta stopping at en-route towns and villages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Onthebeach, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Paradise Bay Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Bay Hotel Mellieha
- Paradise Bay Mellieha
- Paradise Bay Hotel Malta
- Paradise Bay Malta
- Paradise Bay Resort Hotel Malta/Mellieha