“Wonderful stay”
Review of Ramla Bay Resort

Ramla Bay Resort
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Mellieha
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We selected this hotel ahead of Paradise Bay as it was our honeymoon and Ramla Bay looked a little more scenic and had better reviews. We are very pleased that we paid a little extra for the experience.
When we arrived at the hotel at about 1am we were immediately impressed with the cleanliness of the room and the view from the veranda.
We have stayed at many All Inclusive hotels and the food at the Ramla Bay is probably the best we have found. Normally we look to have a couple of meals out of the hotels, but on this stay we have decided that to get an equivalent meal in a restaurant would be very difficult and costly.
The staff throughout the hotel have been polite and friendly and as I so like a beer or two I tend to get to know the bar staff quite well. They have all been exceptional but the ones I have spoken to most are Lino, Chris and Martin who are a credit to the hotel.
The only downside to the hotel is that it is a little isolated and if the evenings entertainment isn't to your liking there are not many options. I think the entertainment could be improved as in my mind as a disco/karaoke DJ they have been little more than karaoke singers. This has not in any way spoiled my time at the hotel and would not stop me from returning.
There are three swimming pools and a small sandy beach. There are sunbeds everywhere and we have never had a problem finding beds where we can settle either by the pool, on the beach or in little secluded areas around the rocks.
The animation team are fun and friendly even though we have not joined in with the aqua gym and other games that they have been arranging.
This has been a wonderful stay in Malta and we would recommend the Ramla Bay Resort very highly.

5  Thank Nodrogian
martinfrandon, Director of Sales at Ramla Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2014

Dear Nodrogan,
Describing your holiday as a wonderful stay and scoring full marks is the maximum we could ask for.
A very big thank you for choosing our Resort and for posting your review.
Look forward to host you once agin

Martin Farrugia Randon

Write a ReviewReviews (2,076)

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I want to start this review by stating that this hotel is really good value. From the reviews we read before booking, it seems as other reveiwers might have had expected a five star luxury resort, which it isn't. It did, however, rank as one of our favourite hotels during a multiple stop tour of Malta and Gozo. The location is superb, right next to the cliffs with a beach right of the hotel grounds. It's roughly a 3 km hike to Mellieha, but you have a couple of different options if you want to stay close to the hotel but still eat out. The little hotel convenience store seemed to have pretty good prices too, and we found everything we were looking.

As for the rooms, we paid a little extra to get a sea view room. It was definitely worth it. We had a huge balcony overlooking Gozo, Comino and the sea. There were some details to the rooms that could have been fixed pretty easily, which would have made it feel even better. As an example, the bathroom door in our room was locked with a litte hatch, rather than a regular lock. Still, it was very spacious, very clean and we slept really well in the beds.

The service was really good, we were greated with smiles and the hotel staff helped us alot with directions etc. We were also amazed to hear that it had a 94% occupancy rate whilst we were visiting, we never once had to wait for food and we had no problems finding chairs around the pool or cliff area.

All in all, both my girlfriend and I would definitely recommend this place if your either travelling as a familly (especially with children) or if you want to just want to get away for a bit.

Room Tip: Go for a sea view room. They were really big, had a huge balcony and offered amazing views!
4  Thank AlexGalfvensjo

Dear Alex Galfvensjo,
Thank you for finding time to post your very descriptive review and for granting us 5/5.
Hope to have the pleasure to host you once again in the near fture.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Very friendly hotel. Good helpful staff. Easy to access swimming pool if you are disabled - ramps and easy to negotiate paths and ramps.
Food was well presented and selection extensive tho fish was a bit overlooked for my liking.
Great to have boats for hire right on the hotel beach. Ferry to Gozo about a mile walk away. Good mobile shop just outside the Riviera hotel about five minutes walk away. Overall, great place to stay so long as you don't want to go into Valetta every day which takes around an hour to an hour and a half. Might be a good idea to hire a car! I'm told there are around 1,000 crashes a month...

Room Tip: I think rooms look out to sea on both sides of the hotel. We had a great view of the setting sun ove...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tommcgowran

Dear Tommcgowran,
We appreciate your very positive feedback. Your comments help us maintain and improve our service.
Thank you and look forward to host you once again

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I was staying in this hotel for one week in the end of May. And I had only good experience there. The room was very spacious, cleaning was perfect, staff is always very helpful, wonderful pools and a lot of sun chairs outside, delicious breakfast. Moreover, I liked the area very much, there I could actually feel that I am on holidays - perfect view, far away from the main street, so very silent and relaxing. I also didn't need to think what to visit in Malta, because every day there were many companies, offering their trips, so it was very easy and cheap to go anywhere we wanted. The only small minuses would be too tough pillows and outdated entertainment in the evenings, since we are young people, we didn't really like the old style music there and so on. But all in all, if I ever come back to Malta - Ramla Bay will definitely be my 1st choice to stay again! :)

1  Thank gintaremo

Dear gintaremo,
How flattering to describe your stay with us as ‘Best Experience’. We try our best to offer an experience and not just a stay.
Thank you for your comments and have noted your suggestions also.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

very clean property away from husle and buscle of cars and people, clear skies
and over looking gozo, ramla part for me is just far from city life, but very close to
the nicest beach ever malhia bay beach, as for ramla bay hotel excellent place
to stay in. buses run all the time up to 11pm. main thing about this hotel is the
position its in., but it is very beatiful place to be.

AE

Room Tip: i stayed in a studio apartment planty of room , which had a sea view, in a great position with abal...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear AabEIguerbouzi,
Thank you for finding time to post your very positive note. I must agree with you the view is excellent.
Look forward to host you once again.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Stayed from 13th May for a week , usually do villas so was concerned But had no need to . Location was remote but I knew that that's why I booked it , hotel was clean , staff friendly and helpful , food great plenty of choice whether vegan , veggie or meat eaters , bus bout 5 mins walk away , 1.50 euro return anywhere on island fantastic service . Room brilliant would definately go back , my one word of device take plenty of sun cream it may sometimes have a slight wind but you can still get burnt and if you you want action and night clubs don't book here because it's what it says in the brochure , chilled out and remote . Would recommend and can't wait to go back

Room Tip: Pay extra for a sea view it's worth it
1  Thank Jackie C

Dear JackieC,
We are pleased that we didn’t disappoint you and a very big thank you for grant us full marks and choosing Malta and the Resort.
Hope to meet you during your next visit

Reviewed 27 May 2014

First I want to explain my rating (4 of5). My problem was the poor soundprofing of the walls, so I heard my neighbours . During my stay I have to say that food was delicious, hi class cuisine, superior to many restaurants from Valetta or Medina.Rooms are confortable, clean, they respect the 4stars classification. Entertainment was made on bar area by few singers (live music) ,very talented. Staff was friendly, usefull, and they mafe our stay very pleasant. This resort is a good choice for people who want to travel around and to relax at sea side.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
martinfrandon, Director of Sales at Ramla Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear Noxyus,

Thank you for your brief yet to the point review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and that you rated us 4/5
We sincerely hope to host you once again in MALTA and the Resort.

Martin Farrugia Randon

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mellieha
Radisson Blu Resort & Spa, Malta Golden Sands
Dolmen Resort Hotel
Dolmen Resort Hotel
#2 of 14 in St. Paul's Bay
db San Antonio Hotel + Spa

Been to Ramla Bay Resort? Share your experiences!